PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which one of these running Backs will not be with the Pats at the start of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

nescott

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Cory Dillon
Kevin Faulk
Patrick Pass
Heath Evans

What about Maroney ? LOL.

I would guess Evans unless Belichick has had enough of Pass after the hamstring episode last year.

My guess would be Patrick Pass with the Drafting of Garrett Mills he can play Tight End and HBack much like Keith Byers Did.

nescott said:
My guess would be Patrick Pass with the Drafting of Garrett Mills he can play Tight End and HBack much like Keith Byers Did.
I don't think Evans does anything better than Pass, though, unless the soft label has returned to Pass. Evans isn't a strong blocker and Pass is a good runner for what he is.

Evans. Seriously is there any other choice.

It does seem very unlikely that Evans can make the roster in any case.

It may be that the Pats would only carry a total of 6 RBs and TEs total like they did at the start of last season. So that would look like a competition between Mills and Pass for the 6th slot. Maybe if they look at the injuries they had last year they figure they would keep 7 RB/TE with Mills being the swing guy to fill in on injuries either at RB or LB.

It's always a tough bind to figure out how to allocate those last few slots of the 53 man roster.

I vote Evans and Pass off the island.

Dillon, Marony, Faulk, and Mills should be enough.

I agree

Evans goes, but so does Pass. And yes, Pass gets the soft label back. When he dropped (just about threw) the ball on the ground when he hurt his hamstring last year, he earned the soft label as a permanent tatoo. Fall down if you're hurt, but HOLD THE BALL. GONE

Why isn't Evans considered good? I think he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick at one time. Must have some talent.

Did he get enough playing time to tell? I think in the Miami game he rushed for 100 yards or something. I think he's good.

Heres my opinions on each player

Dillon- he wont get cut..hes the best RB whos proven..hes tough and strong and has worked hard..plays different than Faulk and Maroney's style.
CD: LOCK

Maroney- We just drafted him..he'll stay what more should I say:
LM: LOCK

Faulk- Hes not starting material if our RBs get hurt..hes a situational guy who can catch out of backfield and we might not need him much anymore with LM coming in
KF: Possible cut

Pass- I actually think he brings more than Faulk does to us. Hes a little small for FB but hes played there..hes fast and can return kicks aswell as catch out of backfield and run the ball effectivly.
PP: Possible Cut

Evans- He came in and did well..hes probably a better blocker than Pass and is bigger..will compete with Pass and Mills
HE: Possible Cut

So between Evans, Pass and Faulk..Faulk and Pass are faster than Evans..catch better..can both return kicks. Evans is a better blocker i believe so if Mills really cant do it..Id take our depth goes

1. Dillon
2. Maroney
3. Pass
------
FB
1. Mills
2. Evans

or

1. Dillon
2. Maroney
3. Faulk

FB
4. Pass
5. Mills
something along those lines might work

Dillon, Faulk, and Moroney are locks to make the team.

Evans is injury insurance at this point. If everyone stays healthy through camp then he has no real shot to make the team.

Pass is on the bubble. He is probably going to make it because he is versatile. He can play some FB, HB, and 3rd down back while playing special teams. And he does all that cheap. However, he is in a spot where he could be beaten out if someone has a strong camp.

I would say Evans..as that is very obvious..but Pass may be as well; although if he is smart about it, it will not be without a real struggle...which is why TC is always a fun time.

Evans and Pass could be in trouble...

Dillon, Maroney, Faulk and Mills could be enough

I would say Faulk is gone..... An explosive Back, but too many times when he explodes, the ball goes one way and he goes the other.

What good is a running back who can't be trusted to touch the ball?

Pass had an embarassing mistake last year...A one time incident with extenuating circumstances.

yeah Pass had a mistake but he said pain was unbearble..i doubt you would hold onto it if u just get shot by a hammy out of no where.

i like Faulk but hes on bubble..how is he a lock? Put him as #3 RB? Maroney needs to get his carries..he'll catch some out of backfield and i heard we might put Maroney in the slot..Pass is a better runner than Faulk..he started a few and did well..Faulk is a recevier out of backfield..very relaible hands but hes aging

I think Pass is gone for sure. Dropping the ball when he hurt his hamstring is an issue and I'd be surprised if BB let's that slide. I also think Heath could be gone replaced by Mills.

NEM said:
Evans de monsieur sera enlevé de l'Ile de Patriote.

evans rischia di andare a casa

probably evans......

nescott said:
Cory Dillon
Kevin Faulk
Patrick Pass
Heath Evans

I think out of that group...evans would be the odd man out...Dillon isn't going anywhere and faulk/pass have been in the system so long......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes