PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which one of these questions are you concerned most with in 2010?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The most concerning question heading into the 2010 season

• Will Mankins return?

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Will Brady get his contract renewed during the season?

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Will we have a decent scary Pash Rush?

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Will Maroney finally show signs of consistency?

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Will a good portion of our new rookies play well?

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Who will emerge as our team leaders?

• Can Belichick handle it without no OC/DC?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Can Mayo regain rookie form or even better?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will the Jets and Dolphins prove they are better as advertized?

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Your own question that is not from the above (explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Which one of the following questions in this poll do you deem most concerning or at least intriguing heading into week 1 of the regular season in a few weeks from now?

Last edited:
McCourty,Spikes,Hernandes,Gronk,Price,Cunningham.....

Who will emerge as a true NFL playmaker...

I suspect we've had close to a jackpot couple of years of drafting. Let's find out.

Belichick without OC/DC followed closely by rookie performances.

Where will the pass rush come from? :confused:

EVERYWHERE....

Really, though - our inside Blitz is looking killer on paper. Maybe destroying the middle and holding the edges is ok. But I think it's gonna be better than last year. Let's see.....

1. Where/how to we get pressure on QB? Scheme with SS, CBs, zone blitz, delay combo ?

2. Will the 2nd year players develop positively as expected?

3. Will the secondary play as well on the field as I optimisticly expect?

4. How will this year's crop of rookies perform & contribute? Again, I'm very hopefull.

Is it OK to wear white after labor day?

I went with the Brady contract situation. Not selling the other issues short, this past draft has to produce some Pro-Bowl talent and while offensive lines have a way of working themselves out, you have to wonder who is going to step up and replace Mankins. All other questions are moot going forward if Brady isn't on the team. If they don't get a deal done and he decides to go elsewhere, or even worse, there's a lockout and he decides to retire, this team is going to be stuck in Football purgatory where we make the playoffs every so often only to get bounced early.

I chose who will be the team leaders. They made a conscious effort this off-season to purge the locker room of bad apples. That leaves the atmosphere open for real leaders to emerge (if they exist in this group of players at all). I'm curious to see who that will be.

My question, which kind of sums up all the questions above, is "what kind of team will emerge from the past few drafts?"

Belichick has done some much publicized wheeling and dealing and he's passed over some very obvious talents to build this roster. Are these players winners?

I chose the question about team leaders. But also a biggie for me is who will take the LG spots vacated by Mankins, and how will the O-Line gel with a new starting LG?

Because IMO Mankins is ancient history. Yes, he's a very good OG. But he's just an OG. And you don't break the bank or take a lot of crap in the press from an OG. They're only slightly less replaceable than "idiot kickers".

A writer recently thought that we had so many question marks in our secondary that he rate our secondary the #22 secondary in the league. While I strongly disagree and think that we will have a fine secondary, the question marks are certainly there.

1) HOW MUCH WILL OUR SECONDARY IMPROVE?

1a) How much will the 2nd year players improve?
We are certainly counting on Butler.

1b) How much will we get out of Wilhite and Wheatley?

1c) Will we get much out of McCourty in his rookie year?

Last edited:
Because IMO Mankins is ancient history. Yes, he's a very good OG. But he's just an OG. And you don't break the bank or take a lot of crap in the press from an OG. They're only slightly less replaceable than "idiot kickers".

If that was true, Pro Bowl OGs would be making $2m a year, not $7M a year. Replacing Mankins is going to be tough, and if you don't believe that, you don't understand offensive line play.

Pass rush closely followed by rookies doing well. The two in many ways are tied together, especially Cunningham and Spikes/McKenzie (if you count him as a rookie) at LB and McCourty doing well in the secondary .

I'm leaving Crable out of this. A 3rd year rookie?!

Pass Rush
. Everything Else

I know the pass rush won't be incredible, but I hope there will be at least some pass rush. Also how much will the second and first year players step up. One thing I am certain of is that Wes still manages to get 100 catches.

My main concern is not listed: Will the offensive line provide Brady with the kind of protection he needs to effectively run the offense, even against pressure and blitz packages?

Last edited:
McCourty,Spikes,Hernandes,Gronk,Price,Cunningham.....

Who will emerge as a true NFL playmaker...

Hernandez at first and then McCourty and Cunningham. Gonk will have to stay at home and protect the franchise. Price is a mystery. Spikes will be primarily used on first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots