PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which of the 4 remaining teams has a ONE deserving player like 'Junior Seau'

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Patriots won this SB,would Junior Seau have earned a ring by playing very lightly?...No is the answer,same for Brunell but both worthy of some jewelry nonetheless.

Seau saw the field as a Patriot. Sharper in 1998 didn't see the field at all.

My wife went to school with Seau. And as good a player as he has been. From what I have heard from her and other of their class mates, he may not desrve a ring (Karma).

My wife went to school with Seau. And as good a player as he has been. From what I have heard from her and other of their class mates, he may not desrve a ring (Karma).

Why tease like that, what specifically did you hear from your wife?

Darren Sharper, easy. 13 years in the NFL, awesome player throughout, zero rings.

Darren Sharper, easy. 13 years in the NFL, awesome player throughout, zero rings.

You are right. I got my years screwed up. I thought he was on the Packers' Super Bowl team, but he was drafted the year after. My bad.

I can say him without any technicalities.

Slightly OT, but in thinking of worthy nominees here, I realized that Larry Izzo may wind up with another ring. About the only good thing that would result from the Jets winning the SB.

someone didnt read the thread ;)

Actually, he shouldn't have read the thread. Sharper was drafted in 1997, three or four months after the Packers won the Super Bowl. He wasn't on that team.

someone didnt read the thread ;)

I did read the thread, but Sharper doesn't have a ring. He was drafted in 1997. Packers won the SB in 1996. Easy mistake to make, though: I had to look it up to be sure.

Last edited:
Drew Brees, fantastic player after being thrown to the curb from San Diego. Anyone tossed away by San Diego in favor of that crybaby Rivers gets my vote.

Let's just say not a nice guy, maybe big fish in little pond thing back in school.

I'm sure there are a lot of 40-somethings out there that hope that they won't be judged by how they acted in college. And even if he is still a jerk, most professional athletes are, so it's hard to be too surprised.

Pretty much any player from the Saints would apply here.

Kyle Eckel, David Thomas and Heath Evans!!!!!!!

Without a shadow of a doubt, Darren Sharper.

Saints... Mark Brunell, Deuce McAllister, and Heath Evans would all be players to be happy for.

Who's the punter for the Saints? He's my choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey