PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which NFL ownerships do you admire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It occurs to me that if I were a neutral fan, my favorite ownership might be Green Bay's, my second-favorite might be Pittsburgh's, and New England's wouldn't be far behind.

I actually can't think of another ownership I feel positive about -- for the rest about which I have any opinion, I'm negative or neutral. Well, I might have some positive opinion of Arthur Blank, but it's tempered by the fact that his blindness regarding Michael Vick wasn't really that long ago.

How about you?

I love our ownership and would put them up there with any other. I believe due to longevity, would have to be Pitt, Giants, and Packers (no particular order). You could probably add Kansas City to the group as well.

Better poll might be ownerships you least admire. That's a tough one to rank b/t the raiders, redskins, cowboys, bengals, etc.

I guess the answer to the question is dependent on how far back you want to go.

The Giants (Mara) did the greatest service to the NFL by conceding that television rights would be shared equally throughout the entire league rather than determined on a team by team basis. The Giants were in the nation's largest city and biggest media market, so Mara could have insisted on his provincial rights. Instead he looked at the bigger picture: the NFL rather than his own team.

As much as I detested the Giants being forced into my living room as the "local team" back in the day, Mara's willingness to put the league first is vastly overlooked by many; just look at how some such as Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder have tried to divy up revenues. Had Mara done the same thing many franchises would have folded - and who knows if the league would have survived; just look at Donald Trump and the USFL for comparison.

Dallas Cowboys - Say what you want, but you can't get anymore passionate then Jerry. Hell if I owned the Pats, I would boot BB out of the draft room too. (he could come back in around the 5th round to finish up for me :D)

Others...
Kansas City
Pitt
Philly
Carolina
Atlanta

I like the Patriots ownership, and Pitts family ownship, but love ours the best.
Family owned and the next Benson in line, Rita, is going to be the hottest owner in the NFL:)
rita benson, drew brees, reggie bush.jpg

Last edited:
Giants earned a lotta respect from me when the Mara's decided to keep Coughlin, when most teams would have booted his butt.

I like the Patriots ownership, and Pitts family ownship, but love ours the best.
Family owned and the next Benson in line, Rita, is going to be the hottest owner in the NFL:)
View attachment 3502

Packers be #1 imo I think. I mean what team can say they are owned by the fans? Thats just really cool.

Packers be #1 imo I think. I mean what team can say they are owned by the fans? Thats just really cool.

Ya I agree, fan ownership does trump even the best family ownership model.

I forgot the Giants, which is embarrassing because of how long I lived in NYC.

Pitt over the Giants even so, because of the Rooney Rule and because Pitt has been the more successful franchise and because it's harder to have a winning team in small Pittsburgh. But yeah, the Giants are way up there.

Dallas -- too much interference, to the point of being damaging. So I disagree on that one.

Outside of the Kraft family, I have alot of respect for the Rooney's

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you about Pittsburgh. How many felons do they need to draft before we realize they are the Bengals, except their felons are better at playing football. They have a ridiculous double standard. James Harrison beats his wife, but all is well. Jeff Reed is arrested, but all is well. Then Jeff Reed misses a few field goals, and it's time to make an example. Their quarterback is a black mark on the league. They drafted Plaxico Burress, Joey Porter, and Santonio Holmes. I like the way they evaluate talent, but I'm sick of hearing that the Rooneys are everything that's right about the NFL. Personally, don't care about the "dirty play" on the field- all teams do it- but the off the field stuff is enough to turn me off from football.

I agree, the Packers are number one in my book.

Niners in the Bartolo years

Pats, Packers, Giants, K.C., Colts

#1 steelers they are going for SB win #7 what more can i say

#2 colts. great drafting every year all ways in the playoffs

#3 coyboys im a jerry jones fan

dose 3 for me are the only ones in the same class as the pats as far as ownership goes

Last edited:
#2 colts. great drafting every year all ways in the playoffs

The Irsays snuck their team out of Baltimore in the middle of the night to evade the authorities who might have tried to keep them there. The current Irsay drunk-tweets about football.

So, um, no. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots