PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which new Patriots player will be the biggest contributor this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which new player will contribute most this season?

• Chris Baker TE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leigh Bodden CB

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • ROOKIES - Darius Butler CB or Patrick Chung S

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Shawn Crable OLB

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Joey Galloway WR

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Paris Lenon ILB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Greg Lewis WR

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Alex Smith TE

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Shawn Springs DB

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Fred Taylor RB

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Since I assume that we will not be bringing in any more new faces except for maybe a bargain basement JAG from here on out so goes this poll....

Who will be the biggest contributor to the Pats this season?

If you think someone else that is new that I did not have room to mention please explain - If you pick a rookie please let us know who since,once again there is no room to add both thus I combined them,although Crable is really a rookie by sense of the word.

Last edited:
Without looking at it too analytically or in-depth, I'm going to say Fred Taylor has the best chance of being the most consistent and overall best contributor among the newcomers. I guess I'm basing that soley on the fact that he'll probably touch the ball more than any of the others. Again, there is no real rhyme or reason to why I'm choosing him. I just feel like he'll be the biggest contributor.

Either Taylor or Galloway.

Haven't decided yet.

Without looking at it too analytically or in-depth, I'm going to say Fred Taylor has the best chance of being the most consistent and overall best contributor among the newcomers. I guess I'm basing that soley on the fact that he'll probably touch the ball more than any of the others. Again, there is no real rhyme or reason to why I'm choosing him. I just feel like he'll be the biggest contributor.

I think Taylor will certainly be the opening day starter and its his job to win or lose most of the carries this year in a solid bunch at RB ,Maroney is along for the ride this season and maybe with less on the field Maroney will stay fresh and injury free we hope and Morris as well could stay healthy - If all 5 RBs don't hit the IR list this team will be super ready for the winter grind em out weeks.

I voted for Greg Lewis,Not because he is the most talented of this group but because I think many teams will plan their defenses around the talents of Welker,Moss and Galloway leaving Lewis wide open on any type of 4 WR sets the team might use - The TEs Smith and Baker will certainly benefit as well but I think Lewis will be on the field more often than either of those 2 TEs with Watson still aboard.

Last edited:
Bodden, who I figure will lock down a starting CB spot and be a consistent starter. And who will be a pretty huge step up from Deltha O'Neal.

Last edited:
it was between crable with sacks, joey with td's, and bodden with int's....

i chose bodden (being optimistic for all 3)

i consider td's, but i dont believe joey will have more than twice as many td's as bodden has ints

and crable will have more sacks than bodden has ints, but ints count as more

and i see bodden as getting between 5 and 8 ints this season

I think Taylor will certainly be the opening day starter and its his job to lose most of the carries this year,Maroney is along for the ride this season and maybe with less on the field Maroney will stay fresh and injury free we hope.
I agree that Taylor is the Pats opening day starter. In fact, I think Taylor will break 1,000 yards this season. I think Taylor and Morris will see majority of the carries while Maroney and Faulk will be change of pace backs.

Last edited:
You know a player I did not mention and who is slipping through the cracks is the rookie Brandon Tate - This kid has some pretty good speed and could shock us as the #5 WR,I think he surely will beat out Aiken for the #5 spot.

You know a player I did not mention and who is slipping through the cracks is the rookie Brandon Tate - This kid has some pretty good speed and could shock us as the #5 WR,I think he surely will beat out Aiken for the #5 spot.

How healthy is he? Do the Pats expect him to play this year?

How healthy is he? Do the Pats expect him to play this year?

I hear he may join the team late in preseason,I think he may be able to play early on.

I think if the team knew he was not going to play in 09 then he would have been on the IR before McKenzie.

Just put Tate in the training room with Brady as the fitness instructor for a few weeks to see how a player can come back from an injury quickly ;)

Last edited:
Imagine if this team had Fred Taylor and Gallo in their primes. That would mean for the NFL to just HAND the Patriots the VL Trophy.

I think Fred Taylor will be HUGE for you guys. He has really been one of the more underrated NFL players over the last decade. A smash mouth, fast RB who is tough to bring down, and a good leader. You guys hit the jackpot with that pickup IMO.

I think Fred Taylor will be HUGE for you guys. He has really been one of the more underrated NFL players over the last decade. A smash mouth, fast RB who is tough to bring down, and a good leader. You guys hit the jackpot with that pickup IMO.

Indeed. I've been saying this for years. Having gone to UF and being so close to the Jacksonville area, I had the chance to see him play throughout his career and he's great. If his body would've been a little better, he would have undoubtedly been a HOFer.

I am wondering if he will be a better pickup than Dillon was for us - Dillon had great credentials as well when he came here and came to NE in a similar situation,His old team didn't want him as a starter anymore.

I am wondering if he will be a better pickup than Dillon was for us - Dillon had great credentials as well when he came here and came to NE in a similar situation,His old team didn't want him as a starter anymore.

The two situations are [were] very similar, that's for sure.

I voted for Leigh Bodden. The guy has a ton of talent and I find it hard to beleive he'll faulter under one of the top defensive backfield minds in the league in Belichick. He can get Troy Brown to excell at corner, I think Bodden will work out just fine.

I actually wish we had signed him purely in a defensive move to keep him from you guys. And he'd be better than Eric Green. Then again, I guess we tend to stray from character guys; but I believe he'll overcome that with New England.

I read today in my PFW season preview that the team only expects Taylor to get about 7 to 8 carries a game. I also think he has seriously lost a step. I know the line was absolutely depleted last year in Jacksonville, but Maurice Jones-Drew still produced heavily. Yeah, MJD is one of the league's best, but it was clear that Taylor slowed down last year.

I voted for Leigh Bodden. The guy has a ton of talent and I find it hard to beleive he'll faulter under one of the top defensive backfield minds in the league in Belichick. He can get Troy Brown to excell at corner, I think Bodden will work out just fine.

I actually wish we had signed him purely in a defensive move to keep him from you guys. And he'd be better than Eric Green. Then again, I guess we tend to stray from character guys; but I believe he'll overcome that with New England.

I think Butler becomes starter over Bodden or Springs by midseason to later on - Call it a guess but I think this kid has the talent to make us forget Samuel and Hobbs and may end up sitting one of these two vets we have now once he gets a little playing time and shows his stuff.

Last edited:
I think Butler becomes starter over Bodden or Springs by midseason to later on - Call it a guess but I think this kid has the talent to make us forget Samuel and Hobbs and may end up sitting one of these two vets we have now once he gets a little playing time and shows his stuff.

Dude I am flat out PISSED that you guys got Butler. I had us taking him with my last three mock drafts. He offers you great value because he can come in from day one and run the nickle and never skip a beat learning the nuances of the game on the perimeter where he'll eventually be a starter.

I agree that he'll supplant Shawn Springs and he may do it by the opener. I'm not a Springs fan; he relys on physicality more than agility and pure cover skills and it draws a lot of flags. I think he's a guy that didn't know how to cope with losing his top end speed he once possesed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey