Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which MSM news source do you think is most objective?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

CNN, AP, New York Times, Fox, Reuters, Washington Times, Wall Street Journal, CBS, etc.?

While I rely on the Boston Globe and CBSnews.com for my MSM news, I suspect that CNN is most objective. Whether you visit conservative sites or liberal sites, you find that partisans on both sides complain bitterly about CNN. If they're able to antagonize both sides, I figure they're either objective or just a$$holes.
  2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

FOXnews--without a doubt, simply because they always provide a liberal and conservative viewpoint like Hannity and Colmes.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

I do not rely on any one source, often I find myself googling the specific incident being referred to, that way I can insure some modicum of accuracy... sometimes I find a source on the right wing sites that is more reliable than the left wing site, however that is a rarity but it has happened. On a lot of the blogs I google the author, to see if that person has any credibility...
  4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

BBC, for the same reason you like CNN. Both the Conservative and Labour parties hate them.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

For international news, no American outlet is reliable. These tools even slant the the Olympics in favor of the Americans, not that that matters much, butit's a decent illustration. I like the BBC for world news. Frontline also does the best post-facto analyses.

For domestic news single sources, I start with Newshour and the Globe but use the internet at home.