PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which member of the Scrubendary has impressed more? Ihedigbo,Moore or Molden?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which member of the scrubbendary has impressed you?

• Molden

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Ihedigbo

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Moore

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • None,they are all still scrubs and still stink

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • All of them,I just love scrubs

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Of what you have seen the past few weeks,which of these scrub guys has impressed you with play you didn't expect from a street player?

Ihedigbo,Moore or Molden?

(Edelman not included :snob:)

My vote goes to Moore. I only wish he didn't hurt McCourty but I like his toughness.

Last edited:
I like 'em all. They all play hard. I'm starting to think Belichick is taking a page from the OL staffing model of Dante Scarnecchia for the SB years: train up the guys with the work ethics.

Tough choice for me between Ihedigbo and Molden, both have done a couple of good things out there, enough to give me a faint glimmer of hope, but I'll go with Molden. Seeing a corner with enough size to play physically (and who can be productive on special teams) is a refreshing change from the Wheatleys and Wilhites we've seen the past four or five years.

I don't know how other folks see it, but I've come to believe that when it comes to CBs, there is a limit to how much coaching can result in improvements in coverage skills; it seems like the excellent coverage corners are born, not made. That's why I wasn't bent out of shape when they released Butler, from what I saw he doesn't have what it takes to be more than a little more effective than Molden, and at least Molden can give you more on teams and on press coverage than I think Butler can.

I like Ihedigbo the best of all of them AT THIS POINT anyway.

He seems to get banged up almost every game and you see a timeout with him on the ground,but pops back up and is back on the field 2 plays later

I like the willingness to play right away after you are still seeing stars from the last pounding.

I really believe that the Jets would have been better on D with Ihedigbo than Eric Smith had they kept him on the roster.

Last edited:
Definitely option D

Ihedigbo. The others didn't come with the preconceived notions of "just a special teamer". At least not that I remember.

They all hit harder and tackle better than Kyle Arrington.

Moore, based on the fact that I'm not constantly yelling at him like I did with Brandergio.

Philip Adams gets my vote. He's gotten a lot of snaps (over 50 on Sunday) but I almost never see him on my screen - what better sign of quality play by a backup DB?

i'd love to see us in full srcub-mode in the late 3rd and 4rth Sunday. full JAG attack on offensive underwood, price, ocho and slater to compliment the scrubendary.:cool:

Philip Adams gets my vote. He's gotten a lot of snaps (over 50 on Sunday) but I almost never see him on my screen - what better sign of quality play by a backup DB?

Guys named Phil tend to be major studs. "A man in full"

Of the 3 I'd say Ihedigbo. Been pretty solid for the most part and I haven't really seen him get exploited much other than the Pitt game where everyone back there was getting abused. He took a terrible angle on the big run by Thomas Jones last week but I think he was banged up a few plays earlier. Overall, he and Moore have been the most solid but Diggy's been here the whole season and Moore is just a 3 game sample.

Molden's gotten alot better the last few weeks and hopefully that keeps up but he was flat out awful in a few games early on. I need a few more good outings before I can start trusting him.

I probably like Phillip Adams more than all of them though. I've yet to see him be a liablity out there and I've actually seen him make some nice one on one plays.

Ihedigbo but ultimately none of them have I'd go with Adams

When Chung returns, who would get the start? Ihedigbo or Moore? I wonder if Moore would be moved to CB with Chung back to get him some more playing time.

When Chung returns, who would get the start? Ihedigbo or Moore? I wonder if Moore would be moved to CB with Chung back to get him some more playing time.

Moore is a FS; he would play alongside Chung who is a SS.

Moore has impressed me more than any of the other scrubs by far. He has transformed the personality of the secondary. Ever since he's started we've seen nothing but nasty, hard hits from the defense, from the Jets game to this point.

He has a good quick first step and excellent anticipation and for a rookie, his sense of timing is pretty good. Of all the players that have passed through the safety position since Harrison has left, Moore is the one who reminds me of Harrison the most.

Ihedigbo has been the glue that has sort of held the secondary together back there. Sterling Moore flashes to the ball really well. Molden has been versatile, I like what they have found.

Moore is a FS; he would play alongside Chung who is a SS.

Moore has impressed me more than any of the other scrubs by far. He has transformed the personality of the secondary. Ever since he's started we've seen nothing but nasty, hard hits from the defense, from the Jets game to this point.

He has a good quick first step and excellent anticipation and for a rookie, his sense of timing is pretty good. Of all the players that have passed through the safety position since Harrison has left, Moore is the one who reminds me of Harrison the most.

About the first part: I don't think that's the case. I've seen Chung play both FS and SS. Ihedigbo has mostly stayed at SS and Moore at FS, but I think Chung could play either spot depending on who's the other starter.

I think the best part about this whole thread is that many posters all have different answers!!

Some like Moore, some like Diggy, some like Adams, even some like Molden.

As strange as it seems, Arrington was the one beaten on the deep throw to start the PHI game on Sunday, and we all know what he brings.

I am almost embarassed to say this, but I think I seriously am starting to actually enjoy watching this group of players in the secondary.

:confused:

Whoever replaces Sergio Brown is fine with me! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back