PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which member of the I.R.S. will make the biggest impact in 2009?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Biggest Impact in 2010 from the 2009 IR Squad

• Brandon Tate

Votes: 49 67.1%
  • Tyrone McKenzie

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Shawn Crable

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • other (LeVoir ect:)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZERO - None of them will do much in 2010

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Brady mentioned Tate by name is actually hugely telling - and that he was the first wideout he named. Brady is pretty honest with the media when it comes to evaluating his receivers. Whenever asked about Chad Jackson, Brady would give some vague answer about how everyone needed to be on the practice field more to click. Likewise, I don't think you ever heard Brady talk about Bethel in a positive light - and he was equally as vague when talking about Galloway's struggles with the offense.

Last edited:
My question is, How bad was Tate's injury (the second one, the one that put him on IR) ? I think we may all be counting on him too much. I'm thinking it's possible the Pats didn't really key on OLB in the draft because they feel Crable may be ready. I'm banking on Crable finally making an impact.

I'm nervous about Tate & McKenzie not being recovered enough from their injuries to be effective or that they might not be durable enough to make it through a full NFL season. Crable has shown nothing, so I'm not putting any faith in him.

I hope I'm completely wrong and that there are 2-3 starters in the group that was on IR last year.

I'm nervous about Tate & McKenzie not being recovered enough from their injuries to be effective or that they might not be durable enough to make it through a full NFL season. Crable has shown nothing, so I'm not putting any faith in him.

I hope I'm completely wrong and that there are 2-3 starters in the group that was on IR last year.

Shawn Crable has tremendous potential - he was a monster in the Big Ten his last two years at Michigan and led the nation in tackles for a loss the year before he was drafted by the Pats. He's had a year to study the Pats defense and get well. He's a big, mobile LB who should see Adalius' departure as a huge opportunity. With Zoltan and Brady, that makes 3 Wolverines in hand.

Injuries in football derail good players early in their careers - this is a good question to pose. If Tate, Crable and MacKenzie play up to their potential it's like adding three players to an already solid and very deep draft.

I like the youth and speed of the Pats this year blending with a load of veterans on both sides of the ball. The other feature is the leadership from college so many of these kids bring with them from BCS schools where they played before big crowds with big expectations.

RB is still a major concern without a clear #1 back like Adrian Petersen or Corey Dillon to keep defenses honest. But the rest of the positions have quality and depth, particularly if Crable and Tate work out.

Last edited:
Crab-, ah damn it. As I was writing he got injured again.

Last edited:
Heads for Tate, tails for McKenzie,

here we go coin up in the air, it lands oh is it heads? is it tails, oh my it landed on its side. Whats the odds of that? Suppose I'll have to vote for Crable so.

Shawn Crable has tremendous potential - he was a monster in the Big Ten his last two years at Michigan and led the nation in tackles for a loss the year before he was drafted by the Pats. He's had a year to study the Pats defense and get well.

Two years, actually.

Crable is a 3 year rookie veteran

Never thought you could say that and not be a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back