Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which Lie Is Bigger

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Apr 23, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Answer A or B to each of the following questions:

Which lie is bigger?
    A. President X lies to a grand jury.
    B. President Z lies to congress and the American people.

Which lie is bigger?
    A. President X lies to a grand jury pertaining to his extramarital affair.
    B. President Z lies to congress and the American people in the State of the Union Address to support going to war.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/23/cia.iraq/index.html
    (for the sake of argument, lets say this is fact).

Which lie bigger?
    A. President X, having been caught in his lie of the extramarital affair, confesses to his wife, family, and the American people.
    B. President Z, with staff being indicted, cover-up being exposed, continues to lie to the American people.

I was just wondering, because I keep reading threads of outraged people concerning a president that lied under oath.

2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well Scout...Bill Clinton did all of the above, and alot more...so whats your point?

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Thanks, you just made my point.

4. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Mike---I will do no such thing. As i have pointed out to you countless times before, Clinton did a hell of alot more than "lie about a blowjob". I dont give 2 sh*ts abot Lewinski. I am talking about the endless kow-towing to China, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Palestine. That son of a b*tch sold this countries safety and sucurity down the river for the sole reason to keep his popularity. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR THAT! Its sad that all you remember is the blow job. And by the way, OBL and the world was watching when Clinton "cut and ran" from Somolia. That 1 action probably caused 9-11. As far as Bush is concerned..I'm pissed at him for allowing our troops to continually be killed without finally taking the kid gloves off and show the b*stard terrorist what America is really about!

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +704 / 20 / -30

Do you really believe any one action was responsible for 9-11?? Come on now this blame game has gone far enough, any action such as 9-11 is a convergence of many factors, faux pas and there is enough blame to go around this administration, the past and the first Bush one. The bastard terrorist is still hiding in Afghanistan and we shifted our focus to Iraq, if this would have made things so much better why didn't we focus our attention on him?? Clinton did some things, GWB I did some things, every president does some short sited stuff, but to blame any one man or any one administration for an action goes against any history I know, they could have all done somethings different and better. The problem is that GWB is continuing his mission without consensus of the American People, and is acting very autocratic at a time when there should be more consensus. GWB is the current actor and his succession of faux pas far outweighs anything that his predecessors have done.

6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why didn't the Republican Congress keep him in check then? Remember them? What were they doing since 94 if they weren't doing thei9r jobs? The congress is supposed to be a check on executive power. If what you say is true, then why was there never any hearings on the security breaches you are pulling out of your rectum??

Methinks you are just trying to make Bush look better than Clinton, which is a pretty weak endorsement of your corrupt party.

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't understand why all the supporters of the chimp and his occupation of Iraq don't go down to the local recruitment station and grab a friggin gun. What's holding you back? You must all be either 4-F or cowards. Which one is it?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Not saying you, but, there are pussies on this board on the other side that would be 1-O's who would **** their pants with any kind of confrontation. They bang on subjects all day they are trult clueless about.

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You have no way of knowing that. Is there another option for the pro-war types who do not fight? If you're against the occupation completely, like more than half the country is, that's a legit reason to not go. The other ones are 4-F and chicken to fight, which is OK. Not everybody's cut out for it.

My point is the drum-beaters who won't fight need to STFU.

10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Starting with this heel...

[​IMG]