PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which hotels are best near the stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you take the train to Foxboro?? If so how close to the Stadium?

The train drops you off right beside the stadium. no traffic to navigate through. if i recall, its a 30-45 minute ride.

This is a good thread because thanks to miguel my pregnant wife and I are going to make the trip up to see the stadium and a preseason game and we'd like to stay overnight to make the whole thing easier on her.

WHAT!! Miguel got your wife pregnant!!:eek:

:rofl: no he's allowing us to see one of his preseason games because he's an awesome dude

Patjew - Are you back in the Orient?? I thought you said you were going to be in Vegas?

Sure am. I was in Vegas for a few days for a tradeshow, but I've been back in China for about 10 days now.

I went to the Eagles game last year! Awesome! The pic you see is from that game! AWESOME! I loved it in FOXBOROUGH! The people are great. I stayed at Residence Inn, it was like a 10 minute ride to the stadium. Make sure you check out OUTLAW Barbecue while your in town. Right next to the stadium. Also a great place to TAILGATE get there about 6 hours prior to kick off! Links to both below. GO PATS!

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bosfx-residence-inn-boston-foxborough/

http://www.outlawbbq.com/

Since I'm usually on a tight budget, I tend to stay the Second Best Western on Rt. 1

Then there's also the Chateau Maison, which conveniently rents by the hour

(oops - I may have overshared)

Since I'm usually on a tight budget, I tend to stay the Second Best Western on Rt. 1

Even better if you are on a tight budget is the Super 8 on Washington in North Attleboro. About 15-20 minutes (by car) to the stadium. We are talking 1970's convenience and decor, but hell all you are doing is sleeping there. That is where I stayed on my cross continent trip to see the Pats this past year.

For my last trip, I stayed at America's Best Value Inn. Not much in the way of in room amenities go, but its a short walk to the stadium and they've got a bar too. I'd stay there again simply due to the fact it's within walking distance to the stadium.

By "short walk" how many minutes is it typically from the America's Best Value Inn to the stadium? Plus do their rates stay within the $70ish for the weekends as well or do they jack them up?

Craigslist will get you plenty of friendly companionship at these motels. Bring cash.

By "short walk" how many minutes is it typically from the America's Best Value Inn to the stadium? Plus do their rates stay within the $70ish for the weekends as well or do they jack them up?

About 20 minutes if I remember correctly.

there's always the boston view motel........you've got grossman's outlet on one side, walmart in the back and there's a bar you can walk to

I work in the hotel industry. If there is anything I can do to assist pls email me at [email protected]

I think if you're looking for nice accomodations, you best get out of Foxboro. What Foxboro buys you is pure convenience.

My recommendation to friends coming into town to see the Pats is to stay in Providence... fly into Greene (cheap flights via Southwest) stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Providence - across from the Providence Place Mall, nice pool, whirlpool, good breakfast - walking distance to everything in town and walking distance to the train station as well

Personally I haven't taken the train in awhile so I'm not sure how many runs they make but I think there's at least two - so you can go a little early and stay a little late if you want to get some of the tailgating experience.

I think hotel rooms there cost about $120 which may be less than you'd pay for a lesser hotel near the stadium.

This is a good thread because thanks to miguel my pregnant wife and I are going to make the trip up to see the stadium and a preseason game and we'd like to stay overnight to make the whole thing easier on her.

Miguel got your wife pregnant?

I guess that shouldn't be surprising seeing as you're a Nevernude.

How about inside Boston? Or whats my best bet for convience Im there for 5-7 days, seeing a Pats and Boston College game, and want to see the sites?

The Super 8 (on Route 1) in North Attleboro. Reasonably priced, next to no ammenities and close (10 min. drive) to Gillette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots