PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which game would you like to see moved to NBC Sunday Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are surprisingly many games with playoff implications this upcoming weekend, one of which will be moved to Sunday Night on NBC.

The NY Giants/Washington game is on Saturday night, so that one is out of the question. Which one would you like to see?

some of the top candidates has to be.........

Jacksonville at Kansas City
Atlanta at Philadelphia
Green Bay at Chicago

There are surprisingly many games with playoff implications this upcoming weekend, one of which will be moved to Sunday Night on NBC.

The NY Giants/Washington game is on Saturday night, so that one is out of the question. Which one would you like to see?

some of the top candidates has to be.........

Jacksonville at Kansas City
Atlanta at Philadelphia
Green Bay at Chicago

The most entertaining will be ATL/Philly since Mikey Vick is a little b*tch in the cold weather and Philly will win the East over Dallas (so overhyped).

Why that game ? The Bears have clinched, the Packers suck. Maybe I'm missing something but that's not really a watchable game.

Why that game ? The Bears have clinched, the Packers suck. Maybe I'm missing something but that's not really a watchable game.

It just might be lord farve's last game.. and a chance for John Madden to babble on about lord farve...

Nice, the Pats game isn't being moved.

I think it is unbelievable that the Packers have the most control over their own destiny heading into Week 17 than any of the other 7-8 teams (NY Giants, Atlanta, Carolina, St. Louis)

That just amazes me because the Packers are a bad football team.

Their seven wins consist of 4 against the Lions and Vikes.

The other three wins: vs. ARI, at MIA, and at SF

They have been shutout at home TWICE! (vs. CHI and NE) and were blown out at home another time (38-10 loss to NY Jets)

yet after all that, they can make the playoffs after defeating a Bears second string unit

the Packers may suck, but they have a very good shot at the playoffs with a win, and yes, it could be Favre's last game.......here are the Packers playoff clinching scenarios.......

Green Bay clinches a playoff berth under one of the following scenarios, according to the NFL:

1) GB win + NYG win + GB clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over NYG

2) GB win + NYG loss or tie + STL loss or tie

3) GB win + NYG loss or tie + CAR win

4) GB win + NYG loss or tie + ATL win

5) GB tie + NYG loss + STL loss + ATL loss or tie + CAR loss or tie

the Packers may suck, but they have a very good shot at the playoffs with a win, and yes, it could be Favre's last game.......here are the Packers playoff clinching scenarios.......
Well you did answer my question - thanks. But it's not going to be a good game :(

Maybe I'm an Idiot but the the hell does this mean

Maybe I'm an Idiot but the the hell does this mean

It means if both GB and NYG win, they are tied in the first three tiebreakers (head to head, conference record, common games) so the fourth tiebreaker, "strength of victory", will decide it. SOV is like strength of schedule except it only counts teams you beat, i.e. you total up the final record of all the teams GB beat and all the teams NYG beat and whichever is better wins.

It means if both GB and NYG win, they are tied in the first three tiebreakers (head to head, conference record, common games) so the fourth tiebreaker, "strength of victory", will decide it. SOV is like strength of schedule except it only counts teams you beat, i.e. you total up the final record of all the teams GB beat and all the teams NYG beat and whichever is better wins.

it amazes me that the Packers can actually beat the Giants in strength of schedule considering that the Packers have not beaten a team at or above .500. Of course, if both teams win this weekend that would mean that the Pack would have a win against the 13-2 Bears. That would obviously help their strenght of victory, but it is still strange considering the Giants have beaten some teams with good records (Eagles, Cowboys)

The NY Times has a whole spread about it (here for holidays). The strength of victory look good for the Giants. Every one of NY's victims (Dall, TB, Hous, Car) would have to loss on Sunday and every one of Green Bay's (Det, Mia, Az, SF, MN) would have to win for GB to get this tiebreaker. If one team doesn't follow suit, it's a tie, but otherwise the Giants get it. They don't say what happens in the next tiebreaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes