Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which former Pat from the 2011 roster did you think was a big loss early but not now?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Which player from the 2011 team or even the offseason pickups which is not here now due to retirement,trade,cut or free agency did you think was going to be a big loss earlier in the year but not so much now because his absence has really not been such a difference?

Matt Light?
    Brian Waters?
    BJGE?
    Andre Carter?
    Mark Anderson?

OR someone else perhaps?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. winged1dur

winged1dur Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Which former Pat from the 2011 roster did you think was a big loss early but not

Brian Waters
  3. 1%er

1%er Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Which former Pat from the 2011 roster did you think was a big loss early but not

Light and Waters were felt a little in early season but once Solder and Wendell got adjusted it was a non issue.

The others I'd say we felt nothing, Ridley was a huge upgrade, Jones provided a more dynamic, freakish threat at right end then Carter, and Ninkovich provided a 3 down player at LE which Anderson was not.
  4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

As much as I liked Light all those years,I feel more secure now about Solder protecting against a blindside Blitz and a strip sack then I have in quite a while.

Matt at times would give up a strip and fumble because he often struggled against fast and elusive pass rushers off the edge...Solder is a natural born talent in avoiding this thus it shows in the small and nearly non existent turnovers,blindside hits and fumbles from Brady.
  5. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 4 / -2

#95 Jersey

Andre Carter in his 2011 form would've added a lot of pass rush.

Yeah we got Chandler Jones and he's turned out great, but Depth never hurts...... as we are seeing now with Jones and Cunningham both out.
  6. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +897 / 46 / -48

Disable Jersey

Light - has definitely been missed
    Waters - has definitely been missed
    BJGE - never thought of him as a big loss
    Carter - has definitely been missed
    Anderson - never thought of him as a big loss

I can't really think of any that fit your criteria.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

B Waters. I felt Solder was ready to step up in his second year, even though Light had an outstanding year in 2011. Waters retiring involved shuffling a couple of positions and the depth. Dante has done a tremendous job coaching the line which has done a terrific job and is improving weekly.
  8. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +303 / 5 / -7

Through 11 games Brady was sacked 20 times last year (421 attempted passes)
    Through 11 games this year Brady has been sacked 15 times (420 attempted passes)

The running game is far better this year.

So i'm just not seeing how they have been missed
  9. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 4 / -2

#51 Jersey

Andre Carter.
  10. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 9 / -3

#11 Jersey

Definitely Light and Waters.

When Mankins and Connolly are fully healthy, do you guys think Thomas has earned a starting spot? I'm not sure, because I've seen him get beaten a few times, but he's very promising. Maybe an interior OL of Mankins-Connolly-Thomas would be just as effective as Mankins-Wendell-Connolly, if not better.
  11. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Definitely Matt Light.

I'd say Waters but I'm too bitter about it. I refuse to miss him, dammit.
  12. Foxypats

Foxypats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Waters and Carter. I was still holding out hope on Waters returning mid way through this season !
  13. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +510 / 5 / -1

Waters.

You know which player I didn't think I would miss from 2011 who I think the Patriots miss this year is 2011 Kyle Arrington. Where did he go and who is this guy who replaced him named Kyle Arrington.
  14. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's the same guy, except balls aren't magically bouncing into his lap every other game.
  15. Dodie

Dodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Waters probably because he adds depth and experience into our OLine we can't have enough OLine to get this offense going
  16. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The next big loss
  17. jnug

jnug Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My memory may be faulty on this but I think I recall that Carter was just starting to really roll when he got injured. I thought the remainder of his season was going to be lights out the way he was going.

Assuming that without injury he would have started this year more like he was finishing last year, Carter gets my vote.
  18. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +897 / 46 / -48

Disable Jersey

1.)
    Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots: Ten Keys to Week Eleven | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2013 NFL Draft

2.) Having Light would have allowed for better lineups when Vollmer's been unable to go.

In short, Light would likely still have been better than Solder, and having the 3 OT depth would have been a big plus whether Light was still better than Solder or not.

As for Waters, having him would have meant improvement at two interior positions (RG, C) and better depth.
  19. D-Money

D-Money Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am surprise many are saying Waters.This offensive line has been the biggest surprise all season.Probably one of the top 5 in the league.I would say Carter or Anderson.Anderson took the money and went to a lousy bills team.Now u dont hear a peep out of him.Chandler Jones right now is a just a raw prospect.I really hope he develops some pass rushing moves.:rolleyes:
  20. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -10

I don't think I'm certain that Wendell hasn't played better this year than Connolly did last year at C.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.