Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which FA acquisition excites you the most?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rossmci90, Mar 15, 2009.

?

Which FA excites you the most?

1. Chris Baker

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Tully Banta-Cain

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Leigh Bodden

81 vote(s)
    51.3%
  4. Joey Galloway

13 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Fred Taylor

35 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. Shawn Springs

21 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

For me, it's Shawn Springs. Probably the biggest need this FA and a massive improvement over Deltha. I love the Galloway signing, but i think Springs improves the team more than Galloway.

2. DSal

DSal Old fart and proud of it!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bodden - potential probowl type player. This is the type of talent that could catch a lot of teams by surpise

3. bigfandan

bigfandan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's Baker. The TE position sucked last year. Watson and Thomas regressed. Hopefully things will improve dramatically this year.

4. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +194 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

Bodden, the biggest need this offseason is defense. Especially the secondary. With Bodden on the roster and Springs we are ok with the secondary. The only offensive need i see is that we need to build depth at Offensive Line. We need a line that wont give up 47 sacks like last year!

5. amazinPats

amazinPats Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Baker would have been my choice except it happened early and I got used to the news, so to speak. I think this signing upgrades our team significantly. Bodden would have been my choice next except he signed a contract for one year only. That leaves Springs. I selected that one.

6. Number 2

Number 2 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am pretty excited about them all, but the seconday signings are what I am most looking forward to.

7. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +194 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

I believe that the Patriots will work out a long term contract with Bodden during the season. Also, from what Bodden said, he wants to stay a Patriot!!

8. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

It's really close between Bodden, Galloway, Springs, and Taylor... but I'm going to say Bodden. He's a perfect fit for this system and could be a shutdown corner for a bargain price.

9. Adam Seward

Adam Seward Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

I would say Bodden for sure. Hes fairly young and if we like what we see this season, we have the option to retain him long term.

10. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Galloway. He will have 11 TD's this season (if healthy), Moss hits 24, Brady for 55. We're not only going score ridiculous points this year we're going to shove wins down opponents throats once Brady gets his groove back.

Say good bye to "garbage time". :D

Still, 14-2, losing games 1&2.

11. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Close between them all [not so close for Tully] but I had to show Taylor some love because he will add a great dimension for our rb's with Sammy Morris

12. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Surprise Taylor isn't getting more love. Excitement must have worn off, now that we have a shiny new CB.

13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I'm surprised Chris Baker only got 1 vote.
    Baker is going to be our starting tight end, and was our #1 free agent target that we signed the moment FA began.

14. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Dude, you've got to shake the TE competition out of your head. Watson is #1, easily as he probably blocks as well as Baker by now and is likely twice as fast.

With our WR's and pass-catching RB's, even Todd Heap or Jason Witten would be lucky to have three receiving TD's.

15. Frezo

Frezo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Put me down for Taylor The Impaler.

16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Watson just got displaced by Baker. Watson is a workout/combine warrior who is still raw in all the core TE skills. The guy may run like lightning but he still makes too many mental errors and has hands of stone. There is a reason we went after Baker immediately, and that is because BB looked at the tape with his extra time, and didn't like what he saw at TE.

17. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

First pick: Taylor hes a proven workhorse RB who will help make other teams fear our offense even more. Mark my words this backfield will be better than last years even with loosing Jordan and Evans.

Second: Springs he is a solid veteran DB who can still play physically and brings versatility play at CB or S.

Third: Bodden don't get me wrong I love this guy I think hes got the tools but I'm sorry if I'm not on the OMG MVP PROBOWL Bodden bandwagon quite yet all :)

Fourth: Baker finally a really decent blocking TE who has been in the league for a while so now I'm not as concerned if Watson misses a game and brings the ability to utilize the 2TE set more often.

Fifth: Galloway I really like this guy he can stretch the field however my question is can he stay healthy after all hes 37 and still playing a high level but I have my doubts that he can make it through a full season and if not could possibly be cut.

Sixth: Banta-Cain hes going to have to battle for a roster spot at OLB (possibly) but he knows the defense and if he isn't cut his ability to generate a pass rush will undoubtedly win me over.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  18. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,589 / 19 / -6

#87 Jersey

I wanted to vote Leigh Bodden but I simply couldn't go past Fred Taylor. The guy is an absolute monster and I can't wait to see what he can do in the Patriots offense.

19. Aldogg

Aldogg Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Bodden for sure. Look at his numbers from 2 seasons ago. I see him being a force for us this year.

20. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,867 / 10 / -8

Agreed. But beyond what you say, Bodden has the potential to be a long-term solution at CB for us. Fred Taylor is tremendously exciting, but he's only a short-term option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.