PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which ex-Patriot Wishes He Was Still Here ?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Wants to be a Patriot ?

• Branch

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Givens

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Law

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • McGinest

Votes: 51 56.7%
  • Vinatieri

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for McGinest hands down. I doubt if he ever wanted to leave the Patriots. I'd love it if he were suiting up for the game tomorrow.

Great thread! I was going to make one like this.

I'd say McGinnest. He is with a losing team and not on the team which he so emotionally liked to play for and win. It must suck if we end up getting to the SB. But thats not a given.

Last edited:
It's either Branch or Lawyer Milloy.

Milloy hasn't won one in ages.

Law is all about the money right now. He doesn't care.

Branch seems to like to win more than any of the others listed other than McGinest.

Come to think of it, it's Willie because he was a Patriot the longest and really is one of the all time great Patriots, a guy who should go into the team's Hall of Fame.
I thought about Milloy just last night! I was watching Superbowl DVD's, you know how the NFL has stuff like XXX through XL? Well I was watching the 2001 Rams game last night, seeing how estatic Milloy was when he won the Raiders game and the Superbowl, even hugging Belichick. I bet he wished he NEVER left this place. In truth I wouldnt mind seeing Willie or Milloy as Patriots again, but with Rodney, do we really need Milloy back?

We were near the top going for Law this offseason, remember? He went for the money yet again. He just doesnt give a damn about who he is with.

Last edited:
I think Willie too. I think he bought into the ethos entirely and he was the one I was most disappointed to see leave, one of my favourite Patriots of all time. A lot of the others are all about the money, and as for Adam, it's probably not a question he'll be able to answer until tomorrow night.

Probably Lawyer Milloy.

His Bills + Falcs teams have done aboslutely nothing.

He has fallen off of everyone's radar as a good safety in this league. With NE he was highly regarded and a good player in the Secondary.

+ My fav Pat ever besides Ty.

I think Brach. I think he still feels Brady needs that official goto guy, especially going into the AFCCG. Not to take anything away from Gaffeny who will have a huge game this week.

Probably Lawyer Milloy.

His Bills + Falcs teams have done aboslutely nothing.

He has fallen off of everyone's radar as a good safety in this league. With NE he was highly regarded and a good player in the Secondary.

+ My fav Pat ever besides Ty.

Milloy would of been my pick if he was on the list.

I vote David Patten!

McGinest :cool: :cool:

Here's a thought -

Terry Glenn?

or Shawn Jefferson haha.

Curtis Martin?

I vote David Patten!
The McGinest voters win. Well, I saw him on Best Damn Sports Show, Period last night and he said he was definitely pulling for the Patriots in tomorrow's game, a lot of the Patriots were still his good buddies, part of his heart was still there, etc. Willie was a guest host and Mike Vrabel was a call-in guest, and they swapped some stories about fun times in the Pats locker room, etc.

I think they all would because they're all winners at heart,but I voted for Willie because on top of loving to win and loving the game like most others do, I think he truly loved being here. I was really disappointed when I heard he was gone-to me he was a True Patriot,on par with Troy and Tedy. I'd love to see him back.

Willie based on his disappointment in Denver last year and being mad at Izzo.

Curtis Martin?

LOL, excellent choice!

I'm going to go with Willie McGinest. He had been a Patriot for 12 seasons, and this is his first professional season where he is playing for someone else. Yeah, he's got his last big contract before he hangs up the cleets for good, but I was always under the impression throughout his career that Big Willie was motivated by victory, not money. This can't be feeling right for him, no matter the size of the paychecks he gets each week.

Screw Branch, Law, Vinateiri and Milloy. They all made it quite clear that they wanted to go for the money. I think Willie truly went to Cleveland to help Romeo build a winner. If given the choice he would probably want to be with the Pats.

Last edited:
I think most of the "reasons" players go places are monetary, when all is said and done... which is why there's an emotional tug back "home" to NE. I am also sure it will go away eventually.

Saying "screw _____, he left for money, I'd rather see _______ because he left for some other reasons," sort of presupposes knowledge unavailable outside of that individual's subjective pondering. But one can certainly note observable phenomena such as a player's speech and actions... Branch certainly seemed not to have been emotionally happy with the outcome that he left NE. Not that any of it matters... the team has moved on.

PFnV

I vote David Patten!

Where is John Hanna on that poll listing? Small at 265 by today's standards, he still would be amazing leading Faulk and others on screen passes. He gets my vote as Mr. All-time Patriot!

I voted McGinest but would have gone for Milloy had that been a choice.

All the others followed the money and I think would make the same money choice all over again.

McGinest got a great offer and while that amount of money played a role, McGinest is not "all about the money"

I think he also felt he was doing a big favor to a favorite coach and friend by helping RC establish the right tone in the locker room.

What he found was that things are such a mess in Cleveland that he's just unable to make an impact on or off the field. In the end I think he'd be happier here, playing a still signficant role on a SB contender, with the endorsement money gained making up at least part of the windfall he'd have done without by shunning the Browns.

I agree with this, except maybe about the endorsement stuff, which I don't know about. I don't think McGinest was prepared for how bad the environment was in Cleveland and I don't think it was worth the extra money he got. I think he took the Pats environment for granted.

Everybody else got what they wanted, either money (Branch, Givens), or money and an upgraded professional situation (Vinatieri). I don't think they have any regrets.

I think Branch. Of all of them I think he cared the most about winning, and he hasn't been the bog shot in Seattle that he thought he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes