PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which draft wildcard intrigues you the most?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which draft wildcard would you draft #32 overall?

• Todd Gurley RB

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Dorial Green-Beckham WR

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Byron Jones CB

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • None

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The draft seems to have three wildcards at the moment that are high level talents that could last to #32 overall for one reason or another. Would you consider any of them?

1. Gurley - Injury and when it comes down to it he is just a RB. We could have Jim Brown but in the 4th quarter the ball will be in Brady's hands. Is he spectacular enough to use #32 on?

2. Dorial Green Beckham - He's been covered here extensively. Top 10 WR talent with red flags and raw.

3. Byron Jones - Athleticism and Intangibles to be a premier #1 CB. Played at small school and relative unknown. We are loaded at CB but would it be worth considering let Revis/BB mold the kid for him to overtake Browner's spot by 2016?

DGB. I think he can flourish in our locker room. But then again we can't develop receivers so idk how that will pan out.

Nick Marshall as a db intrigues me the most,

I think he could actually make the transition to safety in our defense. He seems like the type of kid that is willing to put in the work.

i'd trade down or take a pass rusher, but I really want to see what DGB does in the NFL, just not with us. I am also intrigued by Byron Jones because I really don't know much about him other than his playing through the Shoulder injury at UConn and his impressive combine

How about coleman from tennessee? He had a good combine from the corner.

The guy that intrigues me is mycole pruitt. He is the tight end.

I wouldn't touch DGB. It's too early to say that Byron Jones is definitely a 1st round talent.

Wouldn't touch him with a 100ft pole. First he was shorter then advertised, then he ran slower then projected. He has short arms for someone of his height, also small hands for his size, and had a very umimpressieve 32 inch vertical. He's all hype because for the past year everyone compared him too Calvin Johnson. When in reality, he's nothing like CJ. That coupled with the fact that he can barley do anything but run in a straight line only proves he's way over hyped.

Being a inch our two taller then most of the tallest receivers in the NFL means nothing if your vert is 10 lower, and your arms are also shorter then those elite tall receivers.

Nick Marshall as a db intrigues me the most,

I think he could actually make the transition to safety in our defense. He seems like the type of kid that is willing to put in the work.

even Josh Shaw. He put up some pretty impressive numbers today. The reality is, both players have past character concerns. So basically it's which one we can grab in the 6th round and on

How about coleman from tennessee? He had a good combine from the corner.

Had a domestic violence charge in November apparently. But, if you look at his scouting report at Nfl.com, it talks about how he's an excellent special teams player and very strong against the run. He was also reported to have had a 1.49 10 TD split on his 40 which is outstanding.

Darius Butler. Possibly?
Richard Sherman? Probably not. But ya never know.

I was really talking about draft stock; a late riser because of injury that ends up going top 10.

I don't know if he'd be considered a wildcard, but Ameer Abdullah for me. A perfect Patriot off the field and, aside from the fumbles, close to perfect on it too.

I had a moment of clarity last night. Odighizuwa will go to the Falcons or the Giants in the first round. All the pass rushers at the top of the first round are hybrid players whereas Diggy is an every down player and aside from length, he's basically Ziggy Ansah.

His hip problems could prevent it happening but I just felt he'd be ideal for both teams.

I had a moment of clarity last night. Odighizuwa will go to the Falcons or the Giants in the first round. All the pass rushers at the top of the first round are hybrid players whereas Diggy is an every down player and aside from length, he's basically Ziggy Ansah.

His hip problems could prevent it happening but I just felt he'd be ideal for both teams.

If either team wanted him, they could probably trade down a bit and get him, though you never know. Tyson Alualu went #10 overall in 2010.

Atlanta seems like a lock to go DL. Dan Quinn is a former DL coach and will want to go defense, and pass rusher is their biggest need in a rich class. If he sees Diggy as his Michael Bennett, it could happen. But he could also go with a LEO type in Shane Ray or a more versatile player. Quinn recruited Dante Fowler to Florida, though Fowler will probably be off the board. Bud Dupree has the size to play on the line and the athleticism to play in space.

I could see the Giants making Diggy their Justin Tuck to pair with JPP, but I could also see them going in other directions, such as Landon Collins.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see Odighizuwa go much higher than currently anticipated. Good thoughts.

1st 2 rounds......interior OL, interior DL

1 - Cameron Erving
2 - Carl Davis

after that, go after little guys that can run around

None of them. I'm still hoping Dupree will drop, but I'm certainly not expecting that. However, gun to my head, I would probably pick Gurley out of the three.

None of them. I'm still hoping Dupree will drop, but I'm certainly not expecting that. However, gun to my head, I would probably pick Gurley out of the three.

I'm hoping that one of Gurley, Goldman, Dupree, Clemmings or Erving slips through. I'd be elated with any of those. Odighizuwa is also an option, and maybe Shaq Thompson as an all-purpose weapon if BB thinks he's the BPA, though I'm more iffy on that.

I want DGB a lot right now.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back