PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which defense has potential to give us the most trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pujo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Denver's certainly a candidate, and someone also mentioned Baltimore.

Those are probably the two I would go with.

But now if they stuff the box we can burn them!

Denver #1 by far and don't forget the Dolphins. They always seem to play the Patriots tough.

Last edited:

Baltimore will be so caught up with our WRs that we will just go spread offense and maroney will get 250 yards and 8 TDs

We may never play Denver this year thier not on the schedule. So unless we meet them in the playoffs, they won't be a problem. Also we face Baltimore 12/3/2007 so our offence should be in total sync and getting ready for the post season run.

However the Jets and Chargers are our first two games and thier defenses could cause problems. Although I think we should win both games, Tom's still going to be working with new receivers. The real test I feel is Dallas on 10/14/2007. A good defense with Mel Keippers rookie of the year pick. With the coaching changes in Dallas, October might be when that defense starts to gell.

I think the Jest will give us headaches and expect both games against them to be slugfests.

Any team that plays a properly implemented cover 2/3, Tampa 2 or variation thereof. Those styled defenses are designed to prevent the big play which is what our offense is now geared up for.

Any defense that plays m2m is primed for some major exploitation by this years Pats offense.

Miami's the only defense in the division that looks like it could give us trouble. And the Jets just drafted Revis but that shouldn't make too much difference. Randy Moss or Donte' Stallworth one on one with Revis... I don't like the rookie's chances. Maybe in a few years, but not this year.

Outside of the division, Baltimore looks to give our offense a good test on Monday Night Football. That defense is nasty.

The front three of Felger, Forges and Shaughnessy.

Any team that plays a properly implemented cover 2/3, Tampa 2 or variation thereof. Those styled defenses are designed to prevent the big play which is what our offense is now geared up for.

Any defense that plays m2m is primed for some major exploitation by this years Pats offense.

Our offense this year doesn't have one MO. That's the beauty. If you take away the deep stuff we will run Maroney, throw to Faulk out of the back field and Welker and Watson over the middle. If you crows the line then Moss and Stallworth will burn you.

Not necesarily, the weakness of the tampa 2 and the cover 2 is that a TE can easily exploit the holes in the middle and near the sideline...Ben watson would definatly become a factor in those situations...

I would put my money on a team with a good blitz package to knock brady around...

We'll have the offense personnel and schemes to handle ANY NFL defense this year.

San Diego-Denver and Baltimore will be some tough ones for 2007.
It's never EASY but with our preparations we should be pretty tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing