PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which current player has something to prove this year to Patriot Nation?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which player is most under the gun in Patriot Nation

• Chad Jackson

Votes: 63 66.3%
  • Steven Gostkowski

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Adalius Thomas

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Ellis Hobbs

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Laurence Maroney

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Heath Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Sanders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other player not mentioned above (explain who)

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Jackson but it was a close call between him and Hobbs. Hobbs though is really the one who needs to produce for us this year.

jackson plain and simple, we moved up in the draft to get him, so he has to prove himself, LoMo proved himself down the stretch, and will carry it on next season, AD well not as much, sanders is a rock, and i have no doubts about him at all, Hobbs, why are we still arguing about him, and gostowski needs to kick long field goals, so just boost his technique and leg muscle and thats all, heath evans is a fullback and i must admit do not know too much about him

Definitely Chad Jackson. Anybody picking AD needs to have their head examined or watch the Super Bowl or both.

I voted for "other" and Seymour is my write-in candidate.

The draft picks we traded and spend for CJ are sunk costs. Other than the opportunity to draft someone else, we're not out that much if CJ doesn't pan out, as his cap number is not that high. OTOH, Seymour has a large cap number and that has a significant impact on the Patriots' ability to sign and retain other players. He gets a pass for last year, b/c of his knee injury, but he may end up getting cut if he doesn't return to form next year.

I pray for our defense this year. Is it me or does Ellis Hobbs always seem to be on the butt-end of a lot of soul-crushing plays?

Ellis is penalized on more Pass Interference calls then I could count almost every year since he has started,His fundamentals to that rule are not yet fixed.

jackson plain and simple, we moved up in the draft to get him, so he has to prove himself, LoMo proved himself down the stretch, and will carry it on next season, AD well not as much, sanders is a rock, and i have no doubts about him at all, Hobbs, why are we still arguing about him, and gostowski needs to kick long field goals, so just boost his technique and leg muscle and thats all, heath evans is a fullback and i must admit do not know too much about him

Lets not argue much about Maroney but his best games down the stretch came against scrub teams who has lousy or poor performing front 7s

Let Maroney get a couple 100 yard games against good front 7 Ds like Baltimore,Indy,SD and Chicago ect: and then I will be impressed

Heath is a good blocker but hits the ground like a ton of bricks when carrying the ball upon immediate contact,I would love to have a solid fullback on this team who can do BOTH (carry ball and block) decent.

A Mike Alstott type guy would be awesome

I would say

Chad Jackson
Ellis Hobbs
Laurence Maroney

All three have to come through this year!

Lets not argue much about Maroney but his best games down the stretch came against scrub teams who has lousy or poor performing front 7s

Let Maroney get a couple 100 yard games against good front 7 Ds like Baltimore,Indy,SD and Chicago ect: and then I will be impressed

LMAO! Now your argument about Bryant in the other thread has NO BEARING. Let me refresh this...

Maroney v.s. Chargers defense in the AFCCG: 122 yards on 25 carries and a score.

Maroney v.s. Jacksonville defense in the Divisional Playoffs: 22 carries and 122 yards.

Both of those defense are considered top tier defenses with their specialties being stopping the run. I'd say Maroney has proven himself.

LMAO! Now your argument about Bryant in the other thread has NO BEARING. Let me refresh this...

Maroney v.s. Chargers defense in the AFCCG: 122 yards on 25 carries and a score.

Maroney v.s. Jacksonville defense in the Divisional Playoffs: 22 carries and 122 yards.

Both of those defense are considered top tier defenses with their specialties being stopping the run. I'd say Maroney has proven himself.

Still need to see it ALL year to truly say hes a long term solid back for this team.

No matter what you think,Morris carried the running game early in the season last year until his injury - Like I said I am not arguing about Maroney until I see what he can do early in 2008

Still need to see it ALL year to truly say hes a long term solid back for this team.

No matter what you think,Morris carried the running game early in the season last year until his injury - Like I said I am not arguing about Maroney until I see what he can do early in 2008

I agree. I would love to see production from Maroney for a full year. But he's had some injury issues these past two seasons that kept him from becoming his full self. I think the playoffs were the break out for Maroney and he'll be just fine this year, barring injury.

I know I'm gonna get roasted for this but for me it's Randy Moss. Yes, he had a great regular season but where was he in the playoffs?

richard seymour....u dont get paid that much by the pats and not play like ur the best in the league

I voted Hobbs. Were thine at CB as it is. Now that Samuale is gone Hobbs has to play better than he has. At first I was going to go with Jackson, but we have enough WR's that if he doesn't pan out it won't affect the teams as much as if Hobbs doesn't perform up to expectation.

I know I'm gonna get roasted for this but for me it's Randy Moss. Yes, he had a great regular season but where was he in the playoffs?

Drawing double and triple coverage.....

which had happened all year so what made the playoffs different?

You have no idea what you're talking about. And was he not the one who made the score in the superbowl 14-10 Patriots?

Still need to see it ALL year to truly say hes a long term solid back for this team

If you're gonna say that, I'd like to see consistent run blocking all season, instead of watching them make no holes.

Last edited:
Ellis Hobbs, if he moves to left (#1) CB. Also Laurence Maroney.

No player is more important to this team than Ellis Hobbs, right now, as far as proving he can be a #1 corner.

While Chad Jackson has to prove he belongs on the team to begin with----it is essential that Hobbs gets healthy and plays lights out, like I happen to believe he can. I think back to a game in Miami 2 years ago, when he made two awesome stops in the end zone. Maybe a healthy Hobbs makes the same play in the Sup....never freaking mind.

No player is more important to this team than Ellis Hobbs, right now, as far as proving he can be a #1 corner.

While Chad Jackson has to prove he belongs on the team to begin with----it is essential that Hobbs gets healthy and plays lights out, like I happen to believe he can. I think back to a game in Miami 2 years ago, when he made two awesome stops in the end zone. Maybe a healthy Hobbs makes the same play in the Sup....never freaking mind.

If Ellis Hobbs only makes awesome stops in plays in games against the doormat teams it does not impress me.

Lets see a healthy Hobbs try and stop laser TD throws from Manning in the end zone in Lucas Oil this year - Hobbs has been Manning's whipping boy more than once,time for that to change if this team is going to go deep into the playoffs.

Without a doubt it's Yates.
6641.jpg

Honorable Mention
Lonnie Paxton
PAX622937.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back