PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which bench warmer or primary special teams player do you want to see start Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am sure some or many backups will play in this game but who would you like to see out there that may be a player that usually does not see much reps other than injury issues or has been used primarily to provide some short rest for the regular starter?.

My selection is Ron Brace who could be the successor to Wilfork if a contract is not worked out - Brace has shown absolutely nothing yet but I think a full game on the line would do him good.

If I had to choose another or two I would like Hoyer and Wheately out there.

Last edited:
Re: Which bench warmer or primary special teams player do you want to see start Sunda

Weathley and Butler at corner. Chung at safety. I want Edelman replacing Welker if BB want to bench the starter.

Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis??

Is unfortunate that Tate and McKenzie are on IR, it would have been nice to see those two on the field for a lot of meaningful snaps.

Re: Which bench warmer or primary special teams player do you want to see start Sunda

Brian Hoyer. And Edelman too.

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis

The one for me would be Chung.

Judging by the Arrington thread I think some on here would like to see what he can do as a corner.

Edelman playing qb in a wildcat offense:p

Edelman playing qb in a wildcat offense:p

good call....I definitely want to see Edelman throw a pass on sunday...doesn't have to be wildcat but something fun to play off his skills as a QB. Also would put a thought in the head of other teams.

I'd love to see Lawfirm get some carries, I'd like to see Devoir get extra some reps as well.

I'd like to see Pryor start.

Previously I had been leaning towards resting most of our guys. After Woodley's comments I hope to see every since benchwarmer get significant playing time. I would like to see Hanson get some reps at QB.

I want us to be balls out going for the win but I would like to see about ten balls tossed at the Kosher Katcher

I'd have to say Brace as well. He needs the reps. I don't think it'll be pretty, and I'm pretty sure I'll be pissed watching it happen, but he needs as much playing time as possible. I think he's still got a ton of potential, and I am not going to write him off after an ugly game or two. But he could definitely use whatever PT he can get.

good call....I definitely want to see Edelman throw a pass on sunday...doesn't have to be wildcat but something fun to play off his skills as a QB. Also would put a thought in the head of other teams.

I had a feeling since the beginning of the season that they would save this for the playoffs. I'm sure it has been hard for BB to not play around with Edelman's skillset throughout the season.

Chung, Arrington, Brace

None of them, unless it is blow out as bad as Titan.

Play the game to win. Balls to walls for 4 quarters. BB going for it on 4th and 2. Play this game with the same intensity that the Patriots played the last time they played a meaningless game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back