Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which bench warmer or primary special teams player do you want to see start Sunday?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I am sure some or many backups will play in this game but who would you like to see out there that may be a player that usually does not see much reps other than injury issues or has been used primarily to provide some short rest for the regular starter?.

My selection is Ron Brace who could be the successor to Wilfork if a contract is not worked out - Brace has shown absolutely nothing yet but I think a full game on the line would do him good.

If I had to choose another or two I would like Hoyer and Wheately out there.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. KevinFaulk-33

KevinFaulk-33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Which bench warmer or primary special teams player do you want to see start Sunda

Weathley and Butler at corner. Chung at safety. I want Edelman replacing Welker if BB want to bench the starter.

Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis??

Is unfortunate that Tate and McKenzie are on IR, it would have been nice to see those two on the field for a lot of meaningful snaps.
  3. Scooter_McGruder

Scooter_McGruder Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: Which bench warmer or primary special teams player do you want to see start Sunda

Brian Hoyer. And Edelman too.
  4. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -0

#87 Jersey

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
  5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

The one for me would be Chung.

Judging by the Arrington thread I think some on here would like to see what he can do as a corner.
  6. Simkin

Simkin Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Edelman playing qb in a wildcat offense:p
  7. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

good call....I definitely want to see Edelman throw a pass on sunday...doesn't have to be wildcat but something fun to play off his skills as a QB. Also would put a thought in the head of other teams.
  8. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'd love to see Lawfirm get some carries, I'd like to see Devoir get extra some reps as well.
  9. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 14 / -2

I'd like to see Pryor start.
  10. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Previously I had been leaning towards resting most of our guys. After Woodley's comments I hope to see every since benchwarmer get significant playing time. I would like to see Hanson get some reps at QB.
  11. MaxVonDoom

MaxVonDoom Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want us to be balls out going for the win but I would like to see about ten balls tossed at the Kosher Katcher
  12. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'd have to say Brace as well. He needs the reps. I don't think it'll be pretty, and I'm pretty sure I'll be pissed watching it happen, but he needs as much playing time as possible. I think he's still got a ton of potential, and I am not going to write him off after an ugly game or two. But he could definitely use whatever PT he can get.
  13. Schmo

Schmo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I had a feeling since the beginning of the season that they would save this for the playoffs. I'm sure it has been hard for BB to not play around with Edelman's skillset throughout the season.
  14. Marqui

Marqui Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -1

Chung, Arrington, Brace
  15. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

None of them, unless it is blow out as bad as Titan.

Play the game to win. Balls to walls for 4 quarters. BB going for it on 4th and 2. Play this game with the same intensity that the Patriots played the last time they played a meaningless game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.