PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's the razzle dazzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd_Christmas

I can delete my own crap!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not one for trick plays at every turn, but do the Patriots have to be so GD bland?

Both Kevin Faulk and Julian Eddleman can throw the ball well... how about a trick play to get that deep pass? Maybe even Tom Brady running down the sideline for the pass.

Where is the direct snap to the RB with fake over Brady's head play?

Have the Patriots tried a fake FG or Punt in the last 5 years?

I know we have done some end arounds with WRs or TEs and they put Hernandez in as a RB, but seems like the razzle dazzle left with Charlie Weis.

I remember a fake punt from last year that didn't work so well...The offense is fine. No need for trickery.

I'm not one for trick plays at every turn, but do the Patriots have to be so GD bland?

Both Kevin Faulk and Julian Eddleman can throw the ball well... how about a trick play to get that deep pass? Maybe even Tom Brady running down the sideline for the pass.

Where is the direct snap to the RB with fake over Brady's head play?

Have the Patriots tried a fake FG or Punt in the last 5 years?

I know we have done some end arounds with WRs or TEs and they put Hernandez in as a RB, but seems like the razzle dazzle left with Charlie Weis.

The hand-the-ball-back-to-the-Ravens play right after the Spikes interception was razzle dazzle enough for the year.

The offense is fine. No need for trickery.

It did not look fine yesterday.

We should have pounded the ball more with BJGE, but if you are going to take a shot deep as they did on the pass to Slater that was intercepted, perhaps a little trickery would have been better.

A pass to Solder as an eligible receiver may have thrown the Ravens off and help the Pats avoid a FG instead of a TD.

I think BOB is not the greatest OC and I hope they give Josh more responsibility for the SB.

Last edited:

This is a good idea because Edelman can throw the ball better than Brady, while Brady is better able to absorb hits than Edelman.

I think you're onto something!

23 points, against a top 5 d isn't bad, particularly when your QB is missing throws he normally makes. He left some points on the field. Had he hit gronk when he was open for the TD, and had they reviewed the catch gronk made on the sideline, we wouldn't be looking for some razzle dazzle.

why not a statue of liberty, triple reverse, pitch back to the QB, razzle dazzle,backwards lateral, handoff to the O lineman who reported in as the 4th tight end??? ...that'd be awesome....

chris-farley-tommy-boy.jpg

why not a statue of liberty, triple reverse, pitch back to the QB, razzle dazzle,backwards lateral, handoff to the O lineman who reported in as the 4th tight end??? ...that'd be awesome....

chris-farley-tommy-boy.jpg

I was right there with you until you handed off to the OLineman who reported as the 4th TE. You can hand the ball off to anyone... may as well throw it deep to the Olineman running down the sideline. I'm pretty sure even a fat offensive linesman could get down there by the time they finished the statue of liberty, triple reverse, pitch back to the QB, razzle dazzle,backwards lateral. Having Brady block the safety to enable the big guy to get in the end zone would also be a nice touch.

well...add in a drop kick to the OLman reporting in as the 4th TE who then makes this fake throw motion, all the while hiding the ball under the back of his jersey, and while everyone is running around confused looking for the ball he sort of nondescriptly ambles down the sideline before pulling the ball out from under his jersey at the ten yard line and holding it up as he Heisman poses his way over the goal line....I think that play has a real good chance too...

It did not look fine yesterday.

We should have pounded the ball more with BJGE, but if you are going to take a shot deep as they did on the pass to Slater that was intercepted, perhaps a little trickery would have been better.

A pass to Solder as an eligible receiver may have thrown the Ravens off and help the Pats avoid a FG instead of a TD.

I'm with you there, Lloyd:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...could-throw-off-baltimores-d.html#post2912292

well...add in a drop kick to the OLman reporting in as the 4th TE who then makes this fake throw motion, all the while hiding the ball under the back of his jersey, and while everyone is running around confused looking for the ball he sort of nondescriptly ambles down the sideline before pulling the ball out from under his jersey at the ten yard line and holding it up as he Heisman poses his way over the goal line....I think that play has a real good chance too...

Oooooo... the ole football in the jersey trick. Very nice!

What if one of the olineman snuck out a brown nerf football squeezed under his armpit and the Patriots used that as a decoy when they other was hid in the jersey?

I wonder if that would constitute a dead ball foul and a 15 yard penalty.

I will not mind just one of those Jake Plummer's wide roll outs. That sure always led to something big down the field.
How difficult is it to design that play? I am not good in the Xs and Os so I am asking the experts on our personnel and chances of hitting on this.

I will not mind just one of those Jake Plummer's wide roll outs. That sure always led to something big down the field.
How difficult is it to design that play? I am not good in the Xs and Os so I am asking the experts on our personnel and chances of hitting on this.

I'm trying to think of why a roll-out would make sense unless:

1. You're too short to see and throw over the OL or
2. You're a threat to run.

I'm failing.

I'm trying to think of why a roll-out would make sense unless:

1. You're too short to see and throw over the OL or
2. You're a threat to run.

I'm failing.

I hear you, but was Jake Plummer a running threat? I don't quiet remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes