Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where's The Liberal Outrage..?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Mar 18, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

About 2 weeks ago, we heard all sorts about how 15,000 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-vil Republicans crossed party lines to partake in the dumbocratic primaries - a move which is 100% legal, moral and ethical under the structure the dems have for their own primaries.

Meanwhile, the final nails are being hammered into the coffins and it's all but official: The DNC has now totally disenfranchised millions of their own voters in Michigan and Florida.

That MILLIONS. With an M. Where's the liberal outrage on this board..? Why aren't the people who were so mad about 15,000 Republican voters expressing the same outrage over MILLIONS of disenfranchised dems..?

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Do people think Obi Wan Kanobi knew that Annakin would turn into Darth?

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh... ok.... right.... that makes sense.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

YOu have enough outrage for just about everyone... no need for anyone else to do so..

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Some extremely partisan people want only one thing: get rid of a Republican chief executive, POTUS. They couldn't care less whether it is Obama Hussein or Billary Clinton, as long as it isn't somebody who will challange their surrenderist advocacy for America. That is the key now, just as it was in the late 60s-early 70s when the radicals all mobilized for one purpose: pull America down from her position as the conscience and leader of the world.

Florida, Michigan?? Absolutely no meaning whatsover. All that matters is that the destruction of America take place, according to some people in the country.

This is life or death for America, folks. This is a turning point in history right now.

//

6. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Gee, sounds like 7 years ago. Just replace Rebluican with Democrat, and George W for Obama or Hillary. You reap what you sow.

7. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, the big difference is that Democrats in those states were the ones that disenfranchised their own voters by moving up their primaries without permission from the DNC. They knew they were taking away their own delegates when they decided to do it. The RNC did the same thing to a lesser degree to at least 1 state (I forget which) by cutting their delegate number in half.

That said you know I don't buy the "Republicans ruining the Dems primaries" thing, I'm not trying to say I believe that.

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

We Republicans aren't reaping anything - it's mostly amusing how messed up the Democrats are at a time that they should be sailing to victory. I do think the (D) will win but between the mess in MI and FL, a super delegate issue (especially if polls for Obama go down) and an upcoming scorched earth campaign with the likely nominee looking like he has a few skeletons, the Dems have made it a lot more messy than they needed to.

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I don't think people are "OUTRAGED" because the DNC is following the rules of the primary process.

Obi,

You just spouted that when Republicans cross party lines to vote in an election...its okay because it is LEGAL.

So...to answer your question:

NOT counting the delegates is what is LEGAL in the DNC's bylaws. Everyone knew and agreed to that. I think that is why you see no outrage. The only reason the two states are considering a re-vote, or distribution of delegates, is because this race is close. Otherwise its a mute point.

and

there is NO WAY that Obi-Wan knew that Annakin would become Darth Vader, or why would he train him? Unless he believed in the prophecy, and was a willing participant in molding the force that would eventually bring balance to the galaxy. But thats never really become part of the Star Wars saga...at least as far as we've witnessed.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +493 / 20 / -17

I think the Dems are making a big mistake, but it's a different matter. In one case, in theory you have Republicans seeking to sabotage the Democratic elections (I actually think they're defecting from the Republican Party, and the righties are trying to spin this embarrassment in any way they can); on the other you have a battle between the State and national parties. In all honesty, my guess is that the Michigan and Florida delegates will be seated because the race will be settled before the Convention, and if Obama has, say, 160 delegate lead like he has now and the superdelegates have proportionately (which is likely), Obama will agree to let the Florida and Michigan delegates be seated. Both of those states are swing states, so just to put your mind at ease, rest assured that this issue will be settled and no one will be disenfranchised.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Under the circumstances, being blind-sided by an attack that should have been foreseen by an intel agency that had been gutted by a prior adminstration that placed a higher value on getting sex from interns, while funding his liberal constituencies to the max, Geo Bush has done an amazingly good job. Under the circumstances.

Every time I hear all this recent past two years of "war in Iraq is so bad", "Bush is a leprachaun", "Bush sux", "impeach Bush and Cheney", whenever I hear those things I think back to 2001, 2002, 2003, when the Democrats were falling all over themselves to say the worst things imaginable about Saddam Hussein and the radical extremist Islamists.

Hillary wanted Saddam's head on a platter; so did John F'ing Kerry; along with Teddy "The Driver" Kennedy, and ALL THE REST OF THE DEMOCRATS. Now, after we find out what Bush said in 2002 and 2003 is actually true, that indeed this would be a long, tough, slow process to turn a country around from being dominated for centuries by strongmen into one where they could actually take responsibility for themselves, and -- oh my goodness!! -- "it's actually going to cost THIS MUCH??!!" Like everybody's now surprised. Bush told us it would be tough; he didn't lie. The experts told us it would be long and drawn out; they didn't lie. People who were paying attention to these kinds of deeply embedded dictatorial regimes told us it would take YEARS to raise up people to take responsibility for their own country; they did not lie.

Try to tell us now that the mainstream media, from the networks, CNN, all the major newspapers -- save the Washington Times -- are NOT all in the tank for the Democrat Party. Doesn't matter if it is Monica Lewinsky's Oval Office boyfriend or a guy who spends tax-payers' monies to hire a hooker for $4300 a night, only to be replaced by another guy who admits (AFTER he is sworn in!!!) that BOTH he AND his wife have had adulterous affairs.

Yeah, the Dems and liberal "outrage". Hypocritical outrage. Utterly hypocritical.

//

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

Think you went a little overboard on this one, not sure what the Gov of NY has to do with it.. and not sure I ever read where Spitzer used Tax payer's monies to hire a hooker.. perhaps it is the old right wing hyperbole, and hysteria... keep stirring the pot and stirring up crap no one is paying all that much attention, it seems that the economy is many of us main worry.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, Spitzer has already confessed that he spent campaign money for his hooker trysts. How many has he admitted to, 8, 10, 12??? At $4300 a pop, that starts to add up to some serious money. For $50,000 you could support a family or two for about a year in New York. So much for Democrat "compassion".

//

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

Actually he has not, there is an investigation going on as to whether or not he did or did not.. without regard the whole world is not about sex, sex, sex... it is beneficial to find quotes of reliable sources before you say something with absolute certainty..

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/14/nyregion/14spitzer.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

Federal prosecutors are investigating whether Gov. Eliot Spitzer used campaign funds in connection with his meetings with prostitutes, including payments for hotels or ground transportation, three people with knowledge of the investigation said.

Prosecutors have asked the governor’s lawyers about the travel arrangements for three trips, including his Feb. 13 rendezvous with a prostitute at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington. The United States attorney’s office in Manhattan has also asked about the governor’s use of car services during trips to Washington.

The governor’s lawyers have begun consulting with a campaign finance expert who has long worked for Mr. Spitzer’s political organization to see whether campaign money was spent on the trips, including some as recently as last month, a person briefed on the investigation said.

15. godef

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Nothing could not have been more messed up the past 7 years than seeing George W Bush get elected, and then re-elected again.

16. godef

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You can whine and spin all you want, because all this supposed "hypocritical outrage" amounts to is reaction to an utterly failed presidency.

Slick Willy, as much of a bad boy that he was, was a much more successful president, yet the GOP try to route him out of office over an affair in which the only real crime that was committed was lying under oath when unnecessarily pressed to testify.

Please, tell me again about hypocritical outrage.

17. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Bill was a successful President if you are a Democrat, Just like Bush is a successful President if you are a Republican and vice versa.

But I find it funny that many of the things that the Democrats in this country along with their candidates are complaining about are a direct result of policy implemented or decisions made by Clinton. Who opened free trade with China? Why are so many of our industrial jobs moving to Mexico? Why did we have to send a military after Usama Bin Laden? Who was the President when some of the largest corporate scandals in the history of the U.S. - costing thousands of U.S. jobs - took place?

I could keep going, but it is pointless because the liberals and Bush haters a like will either ignore it or scream some non-sense about Bush. Both parties suck and the only difference between a liberal and a far right conservative is their stance on the issues! But I have a news flash: Blinding yourself with one parties rhetoric is no way to go through life. ;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

He should run again, I bet he'd win again--:singing:

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Geo Bush is going to be remembered far more favorably than some people are saying right now. All we see and hear are the TV and Hollywood types -- those who hog the air waves and get into our homes first, the Michael Moores of the world -- but the day is coming when the quiet unspoken people, those who have paid the price to liberate us all from the threat to terrorism, will be heard.

I wouldn't be buying any tickets for Bill Clinton's Nobel Prize for "great work for peace" any time soon, either. (Ditto for Hillary.) Revealing illicit relations with a White House volunteer intern "unnecessary"??? Maybe in Sodom or Gamorrah, but not America.

All shall be revealed. In due time, not long. Won't have to wait much.

:singing:

//

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's quite possible. The negative wheel-squeakers always get the most air time.

//