PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's the hitting?

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Long time B's fan. Live out of state so only get to see the B's on TV maybe once a week. Always catch at least 1 game a year live down in Florida. Had great seats on the glass behind the net verses Fla on Monday. Still waiting to see a player deliver a strong check. I couldn't believe my eyes....Where's the hitting. The '11 Stanley Cup run is still fresh in my mind. The B's just owned the corners and out muscled and out worked the opposition until they hoisted the cup. Then 2 weeks ago, that Vancouver/B's game was an intense tough match.....followed by suspensions and the latest Shanahan infomercial about what is proper hockey....today.
Maybe players are in midseason preservation mode and the intensity just isn't going to be there. Or maybe there is fear of the penalty box, after being sent off in waves vs Vancouver. Or the "new" NHL has made it known that the Bruins style is under a microscope with little leeway. All I know is, that wasn't Bruins hockey on Monday....more of the hands off Euro style that is creeping into the NHL.
Anyone else see a similarity between the backlash/focus on the Bruins physicality and how the NFL disarmed the Patriots physical secondary play thanks to Polian/Indy. I'm feeling it

Long time B's fan. Live out of state so only get to see the B's on TV maybe once a week. Always catch at least 1 game a year live down in Florida. Had great seats on the glass behind the net verses Fla on Monday. Still waiting to see a player deliver a strong check. I couldn't believe my eyes....Where's the hitting. The '11 Stanley Cup run is still fresh in my mind. The B's just owned the corners and out muscled and out worked the opposition until they hoisted the cup. Then 2 weeks ago, that Vancouver/B's game was an intense tough match.....followed by suspensions and the latest Shanahan infomercial about what is proper hockey....today.
Maybe players are in midseason preservation mode and the intensity just isn't going to be there. Or maybe there is fear of the penalty box, after being sent off in waves vs Vancouver. Or the "new" NHL has made it known that the Bruins style is under a microscope with little leeway. All I know is, that wasn't Bruins hockey on Monday....more of the hands off Euro style that is creeping into the NHL.
Anyone else see a similarity between the backlash/focus on the Bruins physicality and how the NFL disarmed the Patriots physical secondary play thanks to Polian/Indy. I'm feeling it

Absolutely agree ... things are changing and we are under the microscope. Luckily this team can play both styles ... marchand is back so we will be fine.

Absolutely agree ... things are changing and we are under the microscope. Luckily this team can play both styles ... marchand is back so we will be fine.
Hitting a lot of perspective so be happy and never deny thing so be innovative in all matters for best role.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back