Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where's Stacey James?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shmessy, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

We are the fans of the New England Patriots.

We are the ones who buy the tickets. Who buy the paraphenalia. Who get credit cards with the team's logo. Who give our hearts to the Patriots.

Where is the organization's statement to the fans regarding this whole ordeal? The least they can do is to make a statement to the fans either saying "Hold on tight, we have a hearing with the league by Friday" or "We apologize for the story that is out this week and will take action on it".

Instead, we will only get Bill Belichik at 10:50 am at the podium this morning grimacing and telling the press he can't comment.

I'm a huge fan of Bob Kraft and have always defended him on this board. Except for at the Shaw's appearance yesterday, he has not commented on this situation for the loyal fans of New England, and I am very disappointed.

I am NOT looking for a "mea culpa", for, at this time, we have NO IDEA really what the situation is in the NY offices. However, at the very least, a statement from the organization to its loyal fans saying either "Hang on, we will fight this" or "We regret the situation and will work with the NFL to make sure nothing like this ever happens again". I understand if there is a legal reason not to comment on the details of situation (i.e. NFL directive, etc.), but those two examples I just gave would be consistent with not going into legal details. It would merely be a public statement of their appreciation for the fans and their loyal support during this week.

Instead, there is complete stonewalling silence while we, the fans are hanged out to dry for the trolls.

WE deserve better this week.
  2. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Can we please wait and get official word from the nfl on the ruling and not the media! The patriots owe me and you nothing right now because that is what they know!
  3. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -2

#24 Jersey

I heard that there was a press release requesting all fans attending the SD game to bring videocameras and display them proudly.
  4. Cramden

Cramden Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sirius just stated BB spoke with Goodell this morning and that a statement will be coming shortly from the team.
  5. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You've got to be kidding me.

I especially love the part about Kraft hasn't commented "except" for the comments he made yesterday, of course. LOL!

Bob, Stacey, please save us from internet trolls! They're hurting our feelings!

I spend way too much time on the internet. So do you. The difference is I apparently have enough self-awareness to know there's a great big world out there that's continuing to spin despite this story. And you'll notice it better when you step away from the keyboard and get some fresh air.

edit: Shmessy, I really like and respect you....I want to make that clear. I don't mean to be harsh but I think we all need to just calm down a bit. I know we want answers NOW but they will come. Probably sooner than we think.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Oh grow up. The organization has better things to do than to protect us from trolls. The Mods here could handle the troll protection job if so many of them weren't so caught up in their own overwrought whining.
  7. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

LOL! Perceptive and hilarious! I love it!!
  8. shmessy

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

No offense taken. I can see your point. I just feel (my opinion and I'm entitled to it), that the Patriots have a large PR department and we are their clients - - It would be a sign of respect and appreciation to those of us if they merely put something out there without complete radio silence.
  9. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

well..thats something new which i havent heard this morning. Hope it resolves soon.
  10. shmessy

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

You may be right, Mo. I may be a little overwrought and not making complete sense this morning.

Perhaps you're getting the wrong side of the chicken and the egg argument.

Those of us who are Mods may be a bit tired and overwrought this morning due to the efforts we've had to put in regarding the trolls over the past 48 hours.

So my apologies to you, Mo, if my perspective is a bit off. No need to thank any of us for keeping this site at least 20% readable the past two days.
  11. Cramden

Cramden Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yup. I'll post something if I hear it before the rest of the board. Highly unlikely though the way people are plugged in to every media source possible today.
  12. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Shmeesy, I hear your frustration but I think your off base if you feel that the Kraft's are not concerned with the image of their brand, the mindset of their players and coaches, and are working very hard right now to keep things on an even keel amongst all this media hysteria. At a guess, I'd say the fans probably fall somewhere around 3 on a list that may look like this...
    1. NFL commission
    2. Players/coaches
    3. Fans/general public

Who knows, they may also be hoping that more coaches/players currently out of football (Parcells, Barber et al) will weigh in with telling remarks on this practice.

I guess what I'm saying is, I agree with your frustration but I'm willing to believe that they are taking the best steps possible to clear up this situation.
  13. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Shmessy, you and the other mods have done a great job. I know you've had your hands full.

We're all upset and a bit bleary-eyed, I think. But this thing broke Monday and it got serious yesterday. It's the beginning of Wednesday. I really think we can't stand the waiting and watching (while it seems nothing but more stupid stories and comments rain down in the meantime) more than anything. But the answers and the truth are going to be a lot slower in coming than the crazy speculation and the juvenile crowing from other fans (and jackass coaches like Snotsicle Fisher).
  14. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Let me add my deep appreciation of our Mods and all that they've had to handle these past few days!
  15. shmessy

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I don't think anyone is more concerned about the image of the Patriots than Bob Kraft.

However, when it comes to "damage control", there are two schools of thought; either a) get out ahead of the story and control it, or b) bunker mentality.

In politics and business, at least (maybe not in other areas, however) the first option almost always is more effective. The difference between how Tylenol's makers successfully handled the poisoning scare in the 1980's versus the ham handed way Exxon handled the Valdez crisis is a good example.
  16. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Don't lay the blame on this mess on Stacey James. He made a

statement early on in this situation expressing his confidence that

the organization did not engage in dirty tricks to win. He has to

eat crow and admit he was wrong.
  17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Can't assume they did anything wrong. At this moment, we don't know WHAT'S on that tape.
  18. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

My friend Shmessy : let's virtually take a glass of wine with me

here sun is shining, still plus 23 degrees

not bad...

thks for what you have done and you are doing in this board
  19. shmessy

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Grazi, Patrizio. I hope the 23 is celsius, not fahrenhenheit!
  20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +294 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

BTW, I now see in another thread that BB has released a preliminary public statement. A good first step.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.