PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's Devlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He played well the first week (or was it second?) and then he disappeared.

This guy has great hands, too bad they don't use him out of the backfield

He was out there yesterday for nine snaps. On one play I saw him go into a delayed route and was uncovered but Brady didn't throw it to him. Never looked to the right side where he was. It would have been a decent idea to line up in the I and let him try and spring Ridley for some yardage but we know what direction the offense went in last night.

I'm glad you remembered that play, in which Brady instead threw to a double-covered Gronk
(for an incompletion, naturally). Devlin was wide, Wide, WIDE open; even he could've ran for
maybe 20 yards before anyone caught up to him. This was yet another example showing how
Brady (as well as the OL, WRs & Skippy McD) has been playing like crap all year.

In other news:
KC's fullback had an all star day and was killing us.

He was out there yesterday for nine snaps. On one play I saw him go into a delayed route and was uncovered but Brady didn't throw it to him. Never looked to the right side where he was. It would have been a decent idea to line up in the I and let him try and spring Ridley for some yardage but we know what direction the offense went in last night.
That was where Brady threw to gronk in double coverage

That was where Brady threw to gronk in double coverage
Yes. I think Brady had enough time yesterday to make his reads. But he locked on to receivers still. Did that on the first pick, too. Never looked away from a double covered Edelman.

The game plan could do better to make him more comfortable, too. Try taking some of that pressure off by running it with Ridley from under center.

Yes. I think Brady had enough time yesterday to make his reads. But he locked on to receivers still. Did that on the first pick, too. Never looked away from a double covered Edelman.

The game plan could do better to make him more comfortable, too. Try taking some of that pressure off by running it with Ridley from under center.

I recall no huddle....,they used it all the time....until this year

McDaniels just isn't a good OC. Brady made him and now that Brady needs him the most to scheme to get the most of what he has to work with McDaniels can't do it because he's an average coordinator.

There's a guy that just became unemployed that could scheme it up though.

McDaniels just isn't a good OC. Brady made him and now that Brady needs him the most to scheme to get the most of what he has to work with McDaniels can't do it because he's an average coordinator.

There's a guy that just became unemployed that could scheme it up though.

Thank you and Im glad others see the problem too.

Weis had a LB playing TE. IIRC, Seymour was a fullback at the goaline. RBBC, yes Dillion was a stud, but the rest were cast offs that he cobbled a run game together. Branch got hurt in the AZ game in 2004 and was out for months. The NE offense didn't fold tent losing its best WR. They signed Patten and kept rolling to another world championship.

dev was wide open on that gronk play. easy 20 yard pickup.

It's obvious that Brady is a problem. He is forcing throws into double coverage to Gronk and Edelman, and ignoring wide open targets.
develin was wide open on that gronk play
amendola was wide open when Brady could have run, but decided to throw to a well covered Edelman.

Charlie Weis passing game coordinator if we aren't on the phone with Charlie I feel bad for this fan base.
Anyone think that Tom's Mechanics have actually regressed since he's been with House could it be like the emperors new clothes?
I think this whole team needs to look deep in the mirror and dig deep deep down.
Belichick would normally cut Ross Ventrone after a loss like this and feel better.
I have a feeling that we see one or two semi surprise cuts I'd say Cannon or Ridley wouldn't shock me.
Belichick wants to send a big message for this make no mistake a player or coach is going to be demoted or cut all together.
I really think Tom needs to hold a player only meeting and gain this locker room back like he used to.
Its sad to think in the past we always had a chance with 12 under center now I'm hoping we can have a good offense.
Honestly it's hard to blame Josh when Tom throws the ball 1.4 seconds for a 2 yard pass to Jules as soon as he can.
Tom needs to scan the field I've heard more times this season then the last 15 years all together that Tom stared his receiver down.
When have you heard this year Tom controlled the defense with his eyes then threw to his second or third read.
Has anyone seen Tom Brady maybe it's time to fill a missing persons report.
Not having Thompkins or Dobson involved is incredibly concerning.
How will these players get better who have we developed the last 3 years on offense?
Maybe Brian Tyms is a breathe of fresh air but I think even Moss in his prime doesn't mask the ineffective offense I've witnessed.
Its gut check Tom the World is laughing you fell on your face the Tom I've cheered for would dust himself off and bust them right in the mouth.
If this is the type of play Tom will give us and play scared then I'd rather play a rookie who has moxie and thru beaded tears wish Tom nothing but the best and look forward to his hall of fame ceremony.
Badly want the patriots to bring in weis at least as a passing game consultant.

It isn't just Devlin, it is the entire running game. Why do we have all these running backs active if we don't intend to play them? Particularly against KC who is stronger vs the pass than the rush.

So, Vereen, Riddley, Bolden, White and Devlin were all active vs KC, I believe. So that's a total of 5 Active Running backs. And here are the KC game states for rushing:

Rushing__ATT__YDS__TD__LG
S. Ridley__5____28____0____8
S. Vereen__8____26____0____9
J. White___3____21____0___11

Yep. That's all 4 quarters of rushing. 16 rushing attempts.

lolwut?

Last edited:
Charlie Weis passing game coordinator if we aren't on the phone with Charlie I feel bad for this fan base.
Anyone think that Tom's Mechanics have actually regressed since he's been with House could it be like the emperors new clothes?
I think this whole team needs to look deep in the mirror and dig deep deep down.
Belichick would normally cut Ross Ventrone after a loss like this and feel better.
I have a feeling that we see one or two semi surprise cuts I'd say Cannon or Ridley wouldn't shock me.
Belichick wants to send a big message for this make no mistake a player or coach is going to be demoted or cut all together.
I really think Tom needs to hold a player only meeting and gain this locker room back like he used to.
Its sad to think in the past we always had a chance with 12 under center now I'm hoping we can have a good offense.
Honestly it's hard to blame Josh when Tom throws the ball 1.4 seconds for a 2 yard pass to Jules as soon as he can.
Tom needs to scan the field I've heard more times this season then the last 15 years all together that Tom stared his receiver down.
When have you heard this year Tom controlled the defense with his eyes then threw to his second or third read.
Has anyone seen Tom Brady maybe it's time to fill a missing persons report.
Not having Thompkins or Dobson involved is incredibly concerning.
How will these players get better who have we developed the last 3 years on offense?
Maybe Brian Tyms is a breathe of fresh air but I think even Moss in his prime doesn't mask the ineffective offense I've witnessed.
Its gut check Tom the World is laughing you fell on your face the Tom I've cheered for would dust himself off and bust them right in the mouth.
If this is the type of play Tom will give us and play scared then I'd rather play a rookie who has moxie and thru beaded tears wish Tom nothing but the best and look forward to his hall of fame ceremony.
Badly want the patriots to bring in weis at least as a passing game consultant.

Who do you cut to send a message? It has to be someone who really messed up last night. Most of the guys who sucked last night are "uncuttable." Solder, Vollmer, Amendola, and of course, Brady himself. Do you cut Dobson or Thompkins for being inactive? I can't see Cannon or Ridley being cut--they didn't do a whole lot wrong. Cannon only played in relief of Vollmer, and the game was a lost cause at that point. Ridley didn't get too many chances because they just started passing every time when the deficit got too big.

I don't really see a big "reaction cut" happening in this situation. Maybe Amendola or one of our non-McCourty safeties, but most likely nobody interesting.

It isn't just Devlin, it is the entire running game. Why do we have all these running backs active if we don't intend to play them? Particularly against KC who is stronger vs the pass than the rush.

So, Vereen, Riddley, Bolden, White and Devlin were all active vs KC, I believe. So that's a total of 5 Active Running backs. And here are the KC game states for rushing:

Rushing__ATT__YDS__TD__LG
S. Ridley__5____28____0____8
S. Vereen__8____26____0____9
J. White___3____21____0___11

Yep. That's all 4 quarters of rushing. 16 rushing attempts.

lolwut?

And the real killer to those three stat lines is Ridley rarely saw the field. I had a hunch his numbers would hint at being underutilized against a team giving up 5+ ypc going into last night. But hey, if vereen can't get it done between the tackles, nobody can.

McDumbass needs his walking papers. I thought he was a fool last week, this week I wonder if he has a pulse. Can we start a game without going three and out? How about when your lead runner rips off a decent chunk on first down, go back to that well? Don't bring out the scat back and throw twice on short downs? Wtf. The fact McDumbass is collecting a pay check for this pathetic attempt at game planning and play calling is criminal.

Take out vereen's long and it is 7 carries for 17 yards. Take out Ridley's and it is 4 for twenty. There was production to be had from the run game. Unfortunately, we went spread with a scat back (I will admit vereen is a much better pass blocker than Ridley) and refused to attempt to establish any sort of a run game.

Hey Josh, you were starting two rookies on the ol with a lt who can't block my three month old. Way to let them get after it and get in a rhythm, you arrogant fool. Sometimes the simple, obvious solution is the best answer. Two weeks in a row you have ignored what is generally a good way to get the oline in a rhythm. The real kicker? This comes against two teams struggling against the run!

"Hey Bill, I have this great plan. I'm thinking I'll run stretch sprint plays with Ridley a bunch this week. Brady can barely get there, and solder is a shadow of himself, but I'm sure that will work. Then I'm going to really fool them and run vereen up the middle on goal to go." WTF, and this is simply last week's down syndrome plan.

This week? Five running backs dressed. Devlin was MIA, despite kc's fullback destroying our defense (hint hint Josh), three wr's dressed and we spend most of our time in the spread. all this and Wright rarely saw the field? What? I saw hooman being useless on a couple occasions. And the few times it was vereen and white in the backfield the rookie stayed in to block. SMFH

Whoever is calling for the shake up **** canning, my vote is Josh "I'll trick 'm this time" McDaniels. It is astounding BB hasn't kicked him in ass after ripping the play sheet and Mic off his head while having him ushered to his car by security. This man is a damn fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back