PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Butler is holding himself out of the OTAs because they are voluntary, I'd say he has a bit of an
ego problem.

Do we even know if he's missed all the OTAs, or just the ones the media witnessed?

So just two days confirmed then.

I'm not sure anything has been confirmed. Is there a link saying he was there, but not for media observation? If so, that is no big deal. I was reading it as the claim that he has not been to OTAs, period. Hope I'm wrong!! Everyone here wants Butler to succeed.

In Reiss' Sunday column, he wrote: "Where's Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler? After being so visible in the wake of his remarkable game-ending interception to help the Patriots beat the Seahawks, Butler hasn't been on the practice field in OTAs..."

Being the meticulous guy he is, I don't think he would have written that if Butler had just missed a couple OTAs. He hasn't been there.

In Reiss' Sunday column, he wrote: "Where's Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler? After being so visible in the wake of his remarkable game-ending interception to help the Patriots beat the Seahawks, Butler hasn't been on the practice field in OTAs..."

Being the meticulous guy he is, I don't think he would have written that if Butler had just missed a couple OTAs. He hasn't been there.
But Reiss has only been to 2 days of OTAs just like the rest of the media members. Unless some source is telling him he hasn't been there for all the non-media OTAs too, he wouldn't know.

Curran said it last night on his show and i'll repeat it here let's just wait until mini-camp to see if this is anything

Media has only seen 2 out of the 8 OTAs. So that's 25% they've seen and 75% they haven't seen. They would only be taking a wild guess if they say he has missed all of OTAs

But Reiss has only been to 2 days of OTAs just like the rest of the media members. Unless some source is telling him he hasn't been there for all the non-media OTAs too, he wouldn't know.

It would be very sloppy journalism on his part to present it the way he did if what he really meant was, "Butler hasn't been there for the 2 OTAs I've seen, but he might have been at the others." Not saying that's impossible, but it would be very uncharacteristic of Reiss.

It would be very sloppy journalism on his part to present it the way he did if what he really meant was, "Butler hasn't been there for the 2 OTAs I've seen, but he might have been at the others." Not saying that's impossible, but it would be very uncharacteristic of Reiss.

Except Reiss did just that, he said he hasn't been seen on the field at OTAs, to the average fan reading that they automatically think Butler hasn't been at any of the OTAs.

Reiss could have easily said out of the 2 OTAs the media has been present for Butler wasn't seen.

Make no mistake about it Reiss only knows about the 2 OTAs, he has zero clue about the other 6. Sloppy work by Reiss.

Missed flight for first OTA. Held out for 3 weeks of OTAs....

3 weeks for that? Are you kidding me? It hurts his development...

@jeffphowe: Team source: Malcolm Butler held out of three weeks of practice due to missed flight http://t.co/Y9ip4EbxtS

And the team building for next year begins in earnest with a message from the head coach: "You can make the most amazing winning play in Super Bowl history one year, but don't give yourself some travel cushion and show up late the next year, and you are JAG sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else make progress. No favorites. Everything is earned."

Can you imagine that happening on any other NFL team? I love it.

And the team building for next year begins in earnest with a message from the head coach: "You can make the most amazing winning play in Super Bowl history one year, but don't give yourself some travel cushion and show up late the next year, and you are JAG sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else make progress. No favorites. Everything is earned."

Can you imagine that happening on any other NFL team? I love it.

YES! And from the reports Butler responded as he should, took it and resolved to fly a day early next time. Kid is turning into a leader. Taking the tough coaching the right way, giving a good example to the rest of the team.

I'm not worried about his missing reps. Belichick knows what he's got with Malcolm, he needs reps less than the guys new to the team need them, and the coaches need more time with those new guys more than they need time with Malcolm. They spent time with him already, prepping him for the biggest play of last season, and he showed what he was able to do with it. No worries about Butler, question is whether Cox can be this year's surprise find?

Malcolm just took a trip to Ballsbusted City.

Malcolm just took a trip to Ballsbusted City.

I don't blame him. But, Malcolm hit the banquet circuit pretty hard after his spectacular play. Maybe, he was a little out of shape too?? Just sayin.

Just glad to know that it wasn't injury related or even precautionary measures on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing