PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where would you rank the Patriots receiving corp?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Where would you rank the Patriots receiving corps?

• Top of the league

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Middle of the pack

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Bottom of the league

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We chose to disagree, Amendola was a waste last season and is the same this season so far. I agree the OL is causing Brady a problem but for the most part Amendola isn't open and Brady has little Confidence with Amendola. You defend him all you want most of us disagree

Considering that it's one of the more controversial topics on the entire forum, I highly doubt that "most of (you) disagree." It seems to be split about 50/50. For the record I'm not defending Amendola as much as I am pointing out that it's not a "trust" issue.

If anything, I would think that the majority are smart enough to realize that the OL has been causing major issues, considering that no other receiver outside of Julian Edelman has done a damn thing.

I'm not even sure how you can have any opinion of this. Without a proper oline, how can you know anything about the receivers?

A sage observation. I think in the absense of proof however, this receiving corps is filled with good, but not great receivers except for one great one who is currently returning from an injury. None are just bodies either, and there are so many good ones, that the Coaches can't find enough positions to keep them all active.

I also think the evidence is in that great WRs are NOT critical to a winning team. Merely good ones will suffice. So you are better off to spend your Cap dollars elsewhere.

Bill not putting enough into the offense is showing up. A round 2 draft pick on a WR every 4 years and a $3 million a year free agent to be a go to WR isn't getting you a consistent legit playmaker. Just like undrafted players rotating along the oline isn't allowing Brady to go through reads properly.

Lafell was terrible in Carolina. A quality starting WR in today's NFL that can't get over 500 yards is terrible. It says he can't consistently beat the Dbacks get open and catch the football. Carolina wanted him to he more and gave him oppurtunity. Ted Ginn outperformed him. Carolina front office,coaching and fans wanted to find an upgrade and have in rookie kelvin Benjamin who has already out performed loser lafell. I like Garappoollo but there was to many needs like WR, OLine.

Gee did the stork just drop the greatest TE in the League onto our roster, one night? Ditto for OLs Mankins, Vollmer, Solder, Stork, and Fleming
By your lights, BB never could have drafted him or them . It must just be a mystery how they all got here...

I don't think there's anything wrong with our receivers. I think our current O line configuration along with a ton of heartless, listless play by linemen expected to play much better than they've shown has Brady feeling very insecure in what little of a pocket he gets every snap. Reminds me of the Jets playoff game in Foxboro when Brady had wide open receivers all game but kept seeing blitzing ghosts and throwing atrocious passes.
He needs a pocket. Belechick knows this. This O line CANNOT provide a pocket of any worth. It can't run block worth a damn. It gives up sacks in MAX protect with an added lineman in.Somebody's gonna wave a magic wand and sprinkle some fairy dust and it all magically starts working?

0048.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back