Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where would this NFL season be without the Patriots?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tombonneau, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 3 / -0

Honestly, there are pretty much ZERO stories in the NFL this year outside the Patriots. As much as the media and opposing fans ***** and complain about the Pats, guess what?

At least they are giving you something to talk about!

Not so much tooting the Pats horn here, but the NFL this year outside the Pats is pretty blah.

You have Indy methodically winning in a ho-hum fashion. And that's about it. No other great teams.

I suppose the Favre and the Packers would be the biggest story.

So the way I look at it all those whiners in fandom in the media should be thanking the Pats rather than crapping all over them. :)

2. Airkuhl

Airkuhl On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This whole thing was carefully orchestrated by Michael Vick to make the media forget that he's a POS animal abuser.

Strange world we live in that a dog torturer and killer is less evil than a guy that put a camera in the wrong spot.

3. homergreg

homergreg Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is sad that your team ended up with the smear job with all the quality players that conduct themselves above board, and should be the role models, not the villains.

Regardless of all the cameragate, running up the score, and whatever media witchhunt of the week as your team continues its run (hopefully just 2 more days), when my 2 sons who are completely hooked on the NFL talk about the players, I make sure that they see that the Patriots are the "good guys", they're not involved in the crap that so many players are involved in. These nonsensical issues that the media is spinning while laughing off all the substance abuse and violence is a bunch of junk.

The media can say what they want, but this COLT fan knows that the Patriots are a class organization, with class players, and their hard work has gotten them to where they are.

I may not root for the Patriots to win, (this week), but I'll still root for the Patriots to continue being the Patriots.

4. tombonneau

Ratings:
    +17 / 3 / -0

Good posting. Thanks.

I've grown to like ... er, make that tolerate & respect ... Manning & the Colts.

My only beef with your organization is Polian, who I think is a Class A, arrogant a-hole.

5. homergreg

homergreg Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At least Polian hasn't been involved in any Strip Joint brawls. Well, at least I hope that he hasn't!

6. tombonneau

Ratings:
    +17 / 3 / -0

No, I've seen him at Spearmint Rhino. He just likes to hang back and sip his gin & tonic. ;)

7. SaCaCh

SaCaCh Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Thank You for that post, it is something that has been completely lost in all these other media driven stories.

8. Pats_AZ

Pats_AZ On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I started to get a little teary eyed there! you nailed it right on the head.

9. Fahrenhype

Fahrenhype Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This season would be boring without the Patriots. The Chargers have not stepped up to the next level, the Steelers are good but it's hard to say how good. The NFC is still... the NFC. It would basically be the Colts beating up on everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.