Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Pick 16-20

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • Pick 21-32

Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be the sensible one here but even if you had perfect knowledge of how "good" a team and all their opponents was going to be (which we don't), you still couldn't predict the ~6 incredibly close games that every team will have. So, even if you "think" they'll win 9 games, that really means 6-12 games at best, which puts you between picks #7 and #27! (Based on 2007 draft order: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9901730). Even an impossibly precise prediction of 8-10 wins means picks 13 to 27 (unless you think you can predict strength of schedule).

The Patriots have rolled the dice with this trade, and it's a worthwhile roll regardless of the utter uncertainty.

Last edited:
The real question is, does anyone here think the 9ers will have the 28th pick (or higher) in this upcoming draft?

I'm not a huge "draftnik," either, but from all accounts this past year's talent pool was limited (not to mention that the actions of our two best men seem to fit with this opinion). Next year's should be better.

A higher pick + more talent = a win in this trade

Also, Seattle win without Hasselbeck, who cares. All these Seahawk fans were screaming excited about Wallace doing much better than Hasselbeck anyway. A lot of people here in WA state were rooting for Wallace since he had both pass and run ability and was a dual threat.
Any argument in which part of it is that Hasselbeck isn't a huge upgrade over Wallace falls on deaf ears to me.

I checked their schedule and it's a lot easier than our's, but no pushover. 9--7 would be good for them, but 8--8 or 7--9 is probably not unrealistic.

Cardinals X2
Seahawks X2
Rams X2
at Steelers
Ravens
at Giants
Saints
at Falcons
at Panthers
Vikings
Bengals
Buccaneers
at Browns

By some quirk of scheduling they play their last Division game on Nov 25, with their last five games outside the Division

Last edited:
I voted 16-20. They have been slowly building their team and had another good draft. Given their schedule and division, I'm thinking they'll fall middle of the draft board.

I don't know, I think folks are overestimating SF. I remember last year everyone was saying the same thing, they are on the rise. Well, they stunk. They were actually worse than their record IMO.

And this year, I don't know that they are much better.

If Djax and Vernon Davis are healthy, I think they could be a decent team, but otherwise, they will be picking 11 range again IMO.

Anyone available for a spot job to go Tanya Harding (used as a classless verb) Gore's knees?

I think the Patriots will have back-to-back picks next year in the first round.

I think the Patriots will have back-to-back picks next year in the first round.

San Fran isn't making it to the superbowl. I see 10-6 as an absolute best, with 8-8 far more likely.

I think the Niners will be a playoff team, albeit a 8-8 or 9-7 squad that eeks in due to a sub-par conference.

Somewhere around #20 looks right to me.

I think you need to address their schedule(see below) when predicting a 2007 record. IMO, the only road game in which they would be favoured is in Cleveland. Plus, their home schedule has NO, Seattle and Baltimore for example, which are tough games.

IMO, this team is lucky to be 9-7 next year. Thier division is tough, their afc opp. is a tough draw, and their inter-conference games are not easy. This could a year where they take a step back, due to youth and a tough schedule, before going forward in '08.

Mon 9/10 Arizona 10:15 pm
Sun 9/16 at St. Louis 1:00 pm
Sun 9/23 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 9/30 Seattle 4:05 pm
Sun 10/7 Baltimore 4:15 pm
bye
Sun 10/21 at NY Giants 1:00 pm
Sun 10/28 New Orleans 4:15 pm
Sun 11/4 at Atlanta 1:00 pm
Mon 11/12 at Seattle 8:30 pm
Sun 11/18 St. Louis 4:15 pm
Sun 11/25 at Arizona 4:05 pm
Sun 12/2 at Carolina 1:00 pm
Sun 12/9 Minnesota 4:05 pm
Sat 12/15 Cincinnati 8:15 pm
Sun 12/23 Tampa Bay 8:15 pm
Sun 12/30 at Cleveland

I think you need to address their schedule(see below) when predicting a 2007 record. IMO, the only road game in which they would be favoured is in Cleveland. Plus, their home schedule has NO, Seattle and Baltimore for example, which are tough games.
The "cool" thing to do is talk about their easy NFC schedule but I maintain that there's only 3 games that I'd favor them in right now - TB, Cleveland and the home Arizona game. Maybe Minnesota. All the others they look like the underdog to me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back