Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team will The Forehead be playing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle with the dome and Paul Allen's money is my 1st choice. Since it wasn't there I went wildcard and voted Miami as Peyton has property there, it's warm and has a decent supporting cast. New HC lets Peyton impose HIS offense with minimal friction.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him and R. Wayne in Miami.

That way, the Colts would be back in the AFCE. :confused:

I'd like to see him and R. Wayne in Miami.

That way, the Colts would be back in the AFCE. :confused:

I wonder how Peyton's game might change playing outdoors. The only real "controlled environments" on the list are Arizona and Houston.

If he goes to SF, he will be coached by the guy he replaced as QB, who used to coach the guy who will replace him as QB. :eek:

We do not want Manning in Miami...we do not want to face him twice a year.:snob:

Last edited:
Vernon Davis is a great TE but is there really a great WR corps in SF for Manning to throw to?

I think Crabtree is just average,in order for SF to be a SB favorite they might want to consider getting a Wallace or a Lloyd type receiver if they want Manning aboard.

I'd be very surprised if Wayne and Garcon didnt follow Manning to his new team. The fact that they already know his offense means they have a LOT more value to Manning's new team than any other.

I'd be very surprised if Wayne and Garcon didnt follow Manning to his new team. The fact that they already know his offense means they have a LOT more value to Manning's new team than any other.

So if San Fran signs Manning, does San Fran run Manning's old Colts offense, or do they stick with their current schemes?

We do not want Manning in Miami...we do not want to face him twice a year.:snob:

Right, because the Patriots never had to face him twice a year in the regular season.
Oh wait! Just how did that work out?

So if San Fran signs Manning, does San Fran run Manning's old Colts offense, or do they stick with their current schemes?

San Fran has announced today that they have absolutely NO interest in Manning and are pursuing to negotiate a long term extension for Alex Smith.....If they aren't lying then SF is OUT.

Schefler has his list of 4 possible places for Manning to go...Washington,Miami,Seattle and the NY Jets.

The Redskins are the prohibitive favorite according to most predictions while the Dolphins are next in line and Arizona third....The other teams are distanced.

I still think Seattle is the best possible spot for him because they are probably a QB and one or two defenders away from being a serious threat and I would bet Pete Carroll and Manning would make a good coach/QB combo.

Marshall on NFLN brought up a good point of the unlikelihood of him going to the NFC, simply because he would have to face off against Eli Manning in the playoffs. The family won't want that...they want it in the Super Bowl he said. Sounds pretty realistic. Why watch Peyton and Eli in the wild card or divisional round? Mannings would love an Eli-Peyton super bowl.

Of course I want him in Miami...but if not, pretty much anyone but the Jets. Not too worried about them though. Same stadium as Eli? Drama filled locker room? Cold weather and windy home stadium? And when do the Jets owe Sanchez money? Did I hear they owe him something like 10 million in a few weeks? Some kind of bonus or something, can anyone clarify?

If he does come to the Dolphins, look on the bright side - two exciting games and new life in a Dolphins-Patriots rivalry, and it would possibly make the Jets more of a mess. That's always a good thing.

Last edited:
Marshall on NFLN brought up a good point of the unlikelihood of him going to the NFC, simply because he would have to face off against Eli Manning in the playoffs. The family won't want that...they want it in the Super Bowl he said. Sounds pretty realistic. Why watch Peyton and Eli in the wild card or divisional round? Manning's would love an Eli-Peyton super bowl.

Of course I want him in Miami...but if not, pretty much anyone but the Jets. Not too worried about them though. Same stadium as Eli? Drama filled locker room? Cold weather and windy home stadium? And when do the Jets owe Sanchez money? Did I hear they owe him something like 10 million in a few weeks? Some kind of bonus or something, can anyone clarify?

If he does come to the Dolphins, look on the bright side - two exciting games and new life in a Dolphins-Patriots rivalry, and it would possibly make the Jets more of a mess. That's always a good thing.

I hadn't considered this but it's a good point. The Mannings are media whores and would much rather have that and when you think about it the competition in the AFC is somewhat easier right now unless Brees somehow doesnt report and then the NFC gets weaker.

If Manning wants to reach the Superbowl its the Seahawks. He would go 12-4 to 14-2 with that team (young defense, Marshawn, good WRs, TEs), and that has proven to be the best HFA in football.

Based on his reaction today, we can put any thought of Reggie Wayne playing in NE out of our minds. He is going wherever Pey-a-ton goes.

If Manning wants to reach the Superbowl its the Seahawks. He would go 12-4 to 14-2 with that team (young defense, Marshawn, good WRs, TEs), and that has proven to be the best HFA in football.

Why on God's green earth would Seattle be a better fit than San Francisco, if the goal is to be on a team that has the best shot at getting to the Super Bowl?

Right, because the Patriots never had to face him twice a year in the regular season.
Oh wait! Just how did that work out?

That was when we had a Defense...that can actually get off the Field on Third Downs...how quickly you forget.:snob:

His most likely landing place will either be Miami or Arizona.

I really don't fear him going to the Fins. Now the Jets should, as they are the team that will drop back in the division.

Trying to think of a surprise team. would Jerry Jones try to get in on the manning derby?

His most likely landing place will either be Miami or Arizona.

I really don't fear him going to the Fins. Now the Jets should, as they are the team that will drop back in the division.

I agree, a cold weather city in a tough division makes no sense and I'm sure he knows it would be a media circus. Although I didn't think about it until this afternoon when I read another article but I'm also with you about Arizona - that makes sense too. That would have him playing a dome in that division would also be a good fit. It should be interesting.

Last edited:
I think his leaving Indy was a HUGE mistake by all involved. They could, and should, have worked something out so he'd retire after two more years as a Colt and have Luck learn under him then take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes