Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where were you on 9-11-2001?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +157 / 9 / -17

#87 Jersey

I was home in bed about 10 AM when my wife called me from work. (no sense both of us being tired) She told me that people were crashing into buildings all over the place and that they are expecting more she and everybody had a more than a little concern where she worked. I turned on the tube and went whoa! But thankful that I live in my little hick town and not in a city where everybody must be nervous.

2. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +497 / 8 / -15

I was sitting in my office, drinking coffee and looking out the window...... I say to my partner 'hey Bill, look at all the contrails..they are making right hand turns.....he said something like 'I think there's something wrong on Wall St.'

we saw on the internet that a plane flew into WTC......we went next door to a bar and watched it all unfold

3. Patradomous

Ratings:
    +157 / 9 / -17

#87 Jersey

Wow. What struck you the most that day being that close by?

4. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +497 / 8 / -15

I was in Norwood......not in NYC

my bro works downtown manhattan, though.....he was on a train when it happened....they made everyone get out the next stop

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Came home to get some tools and went inside to use the john. The TV was on and I walked right by it and did a double-take. On the way back I realized it was real and watched the coverage and got another cup of coffee and called my wife to come see. Just as I was telling her what I knew she screamed and I turned around and just missed it but saw the ball of fire from the second plane as it happened. We though Boston was next. I had a job going so I went back and closed everything up and told the guys to go home. I called the school and they said the kids were fine and they were trying not to let anyone know what happened. We picked them up at the normal time and told them ourselves what had happened.

That night was wierd. Everyone was out on the street talking. Cars were all covered in flags or had them flying out the windows and on antennas. My Liberian neighbor and friend was very angry and scared. He was worried about his family because he thought he would be sent back and that WWIII was abouit to begin. I wasn't so sure it wasn't.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

I was guttin the first piece of property I bought. My future home. I was by myself screwing down wonderboard, prepping it for the tile I would eventually put down. My cell phone rang and it was my brother. He said "omg did you see what happened?" I had no clue what he was talking about, and ran a few houses down to my aunts to see what he was hollaring about. I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't leave the TV for hours and hours. I remember watching the towers burn, and saying "those things are coming down". There was no way the burning frame was going to hold the weight of those top floors. Just an insane couple of days.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +431 / 12 / -27

I was painting the barn listening to NPR.. a short lived project for that day, then all kinds of shyt happened..

My Grandson had a terrible acting out day in school, reacted to the overall stress, and we wound up in the emergency room..
    Then we lost contact with my brother in law who was inside the Pentagon..
    Then to top it off a squadron of jet fighters out of Brunswick, flew over at a very low altitude..

It was an exhausting day..

8. Patradomous

Ratings:
    +157 / 9 / -17

#87 Jersey

He wasn't wearing a head scrarf, was he?

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +431 / 12 / -27

Six year olds usually do not, especially in the back woods of Maine...

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +575 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Why would you even say that? Was it supposed to be funny or something?

11. Patradomous

Ratings:
    +157 / 9 / -17

#87 Jersey

Just being an a AH. Yes it was. My turn to pick some low hanging fruit. I'm sure he's a fine lad.

12. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +319 / 58 / -29

#32 Jersey

I was at work just like any other day and I had to go home for some reason that I dont recall. I was planning on going right back, but turned the TV on for some strange reason. I never watch TV during the work week. I never made it back to work.

13. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 12 / -10

My partner and I were in Paris, France. We returned to the apartment we rented in the afternoon and put on the tv. At first we were confused about what was on, wondering if it was just a terrible movie, but after a few minutes we sat glued to the tv, hoping against hope that this wasn't true. I tried calling my parents who live near New York City and my aunt who lives not too far from the World Trade Center. All circuits were busy I think for a full day. A few hours after first learning of the news, we finally left the apartment. On our building, someone had posted a sign in French that said, "We are all Americans." A neighbor stopped us and expressed their sympathy. The French, who had experience with Algerian terrorists, had removed the stone trashcans and replaced them with clear plastic bags (I presume to prevent the trashcans from becoming bombs). At the Louvre, only one entrance was opened and you had to pass by armed police. There was a creepy feeling. Like people at home, we spent the next few days waiting for the other shoe to drop. Thank God it did not.

14. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I was home (North Tampa) watching my 6 month old twin girls. Wife called and said to turn on the TV.
    Later my cousin would tell the story of sitting in a room at ground level in the Trade Center when the plane hit. The part that gives me shivers, he's running down a NY street and low-flying jets screech overhead and everyone hits the ground. Someone yells out "their ours".