PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where was Adalius Thomas yesterday?? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I heard BB address this on WEEI this afternoon - saying that they knew Indy would be going with the no huddle and while they were keeping everyone fresh, they had the defense out there for the most part that was best equipped to stop Indy

Had there been more time he'd likely have rotated more but the game carried out as they expected and Thomas wasn't able to be in as much as in other games

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. The Colts D was gassed in the last 10 minutes. Freeney and Mathis took themselves out of the game at the same time at one point. The Pats players on D (especially the DL and LB) were playing with their hair on fire during the same period.

I'm with AJ on this one (and against most of the media)...the Pats were closer to giving up under 10 points than they were to giving up over 30. I'll also betcha a dollar that the Pats' defense the Colts see next (possibly in January) won't be the one they saw yesterday.

Re: Where was Adalius Thomas yesterday??

Very nice thread the Zebra bias was obvious, and hopefully the league notices this..

To hope that the league "notices" this
is to hope that
the league office is impartial
and simply wants the better team to win.

Re: Where in the F was AD?

He came in on the third drive and was used sparingly after that.

It was the 4-3. Vrabel and Bruschi were obviously going to be in there.

He wasn't on the injury report this week but was a bunch in past weeks.

Actually, it was the 4-2-5.

I think the people who are calling it a 4-3 are doing so with the caveat that Rodney Harrison was playing out of position at LB, just as Colvin and AT were being used as linemen at times. Reminds me a bit of that game a couple years back where Belichick had the commentators tripping over themselves because he brought out a lineup that technically had 2 defensive linemen, with a couple linebackers (McGinest and someone else?) as DEs. I remember someone commenting that it was the first 2-5 they'd seen in a good while. ;)

On another note, I'd be more inclined to think that this has a good deal to do with Thomas not yet being fully recovered, and Belichick knew that he would be exposed if left out there for extended periods of time. Let's just all hope that he heals up a fair amound during the upcoming bye.

Here's a question:

Is AD Thomas a better OLB than Vrable or Colvin? If he is, then why wasn't he playing outside that game?
I think the 'he was mildly injured' theory may explain why he wasn't moved to the outside, since I believe he's the team's best inside LB and the be outside LB.

I'm expecting next year to be more of a break out season for Thomas. He's learning the position and this defense. Next year I bet we see him doing more "circus" type stuff. I also wouldn't be surprised if BB has cooked up a very different defensive plan featuring Thomas against the Colts in Foxboro for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes