Where the heck is Dillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Did he even play the 2nd half?

That's an excellent point. I would have thought we would have seen him to get some of the hard yards, especially given how good the Dolphins' D was against the run.

Hopefully just a bit banged up.

Dillon seemed to be running through the Dolphins D with ease, Maroney was really struggling, yet Corey was nowhere to be found in the 4th.

BradyManny2344 said:
Dillon seemed to be running through the Dolphins D with ease, Maroney was really struggling, yet Corey was nowhere to be found in the 4th.
That's what I found baffling. I presumed he was hurt, but then they showed him laughing on the sideline during the last moments of the game. Very strange.

he was in on the Evans TD catch..he was lined up at RB
hes not hurt seriously enough to miss any time

Remix 6 said:
he was in on the Evans TD catch..he was lined up at RB
hes not hurt seriously enough to miss any time
Then that really pisses me off. Why not play him, seeing that he was much more effective than LoMo.

I was wondering the same thing during the entire 4th Quarter. he seemed to be much more effective when he carried the ball than maroney did. he had to have been dinged up or something. HE is the Pats clock killer

Patjew said:
That's what I found baffling. I presumed he was hurt, but then they showed him laughing on the sideline during the last moments of the game. Very strange.

Either a) they wanted to give Maroney some more experience b) Corey decided "I'm getting old and I feel like resting". I've noticed Corey does not run more than two players in a row and checks himself out at that point. I guess I don't have a problem with him deciding where his body's limit is, as long as he stays healthy, that's whats important.

To me it is a long bruising season, he was not really needed, give Maroney reps against a very good defense.. keep Dillon fresh there are still 14 games to go before we win the SB.

I think he WAS needed in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Anyway, my guess is he was dinged up and only in as a decoy on the TD. I hope that was it and not obviously shoddy personnel decisions.

I might change my name to "NemJew".

I know he banged his shoulder up in the Denver game. He was certainly hitting the holes with good power early on and certainly running better than Laurence. With the bye week coming up (and the injured shoulder) they may have been giving him some extra time.

zoostation said:
I know he banged his shoulder up in the Denver game. He was certainly hitting the holes with good power early on and certainly running better than Laurence. With the bye week coming up (and the injured shoulder) they may have been giving him some extra time.

The shoulder thing was likely a stinger, but I recall he hurt his arm in an earlier game. I noticed as he left the field on a play in the first half he was flexing his right arm. Could be he has a sore elbow or could be the stinger is still causing some numbness in his arm. I think they are using him judiciously heading to the bye rather than see him get really hurt. Hopefully he will get back to normal over the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes