PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where the heck is Borges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsrule

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have a question: where is Ron Borges? I know the obvious response is "who the hell cares?" but isn't he a football columnist for the Globe? I undersatnd that's different from being a beat writer but shouldn't he be going to things like mini-camp so he knows what the state of the team is? I think this proves he has no interest in what the state of the team is because he just sits home, waits to find something negative to write about and then crawls out of his hole. Last year I remember a writer saying that they only see Borges a couple of times a year at press conferences. A couple of times a year? I don't expect him to attend every useless Belichick press conference but shouldn't he show up once a week just to ask a question or two? My understanding is that he gets paid a lot of money but for what? I understand he paid his dues and moved up the ladder but when you get to that point do you just stop working? I just find it funny that he's never around the team yet he comes off as an expert (to himself) because of all his unnamed (made up) sources. I'm sure guys like Reiss and Solomon would kill for his job. He should at least put in a little time, even if we already know what he's going to write about. If nothing else, you would think the Globe would want that from him. Maybe I just don't get what he's supposed to be doing but whatever it is, apparently it has little to do with actually covering the Patriots.

Isn't that a good thing?

From what I hear (I don't read the Globe much) he doesn't need to actually see the players before he passes judgment on them and the team. Very impressive, really.

He's possessed Felger and Tomase and theyare doing his bidding.:eek:

Hmm...maybe hes not allowed into the Pats camps. :)

He's vacationing with the rest of his countrymen on " Moron Mountain ".

:D :D :D

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
Hmm...maybe hes not allowed into the Pats camps. :)

LOL....You know, he's actually a very good boxing writer. Hopefully the Globe keeps him working on that, because when it comes to football, he writes more about his own stupid opinions than about reality. Just keep him out of Foxborough, and they'll be doing a public service.

Ohhh goody this could be fun......

Where in the World is Ron Borges????

The 7th level of hell
Hanging out with Jimmy Hoffa
Getting tips from Tunescribe....Sorry, can't help myself :D
Stalking Drew Bledsoe in Montana
Going through the Belichicks trash
Shark bait....ohhh please!
In the pig slop factory featured on Dirty Jobs
Putting with Nut
Spooning with the Tuna
Starting this thread, perhaps?

Who cares?? The reason for all the Borges hate on this board is that he writes and says these inflamatory things about BB and the Patriots and he is NEVER around!!

Bill's Girl:

I've only seen your two most recent posts, but they are both funny as hell.

Lots of big fights have taken place over the past few weeks, so Borges probably got lost in Don King's hair. Can't forget that his favorite sport to butcher is boxing.

Exactly. He's probably been covering Hopkins-Tarver and now Wright-Taylor. He'll be back to butcher the Patriots on some ridiculously minor points soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the odds for Borges scoring an exclusive interview with Deion Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes