PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where so you see us Weak/Strong at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With big Sey missing for 6 games and Rodney out for 4 are we hurting on defense till they get back? We still have a good defense and should be ok imo. Meriweather is going to be a future star I believe and Wilfork is a star in the middle of the line. LB should be ok but maybe we pick one up for the PS.
I like our running game and we do have a bunch of receivers including Moss if he does play. QB is no problem.
TE and also the punting game could be a concern as I see it.
What do you think?
thanks

Issues I see:

depth at RB
inexperience in the secondary (thanks, Rodney!)
TE blocking
pass-blocking consistency
aging LBs/athleticism
early on, #12's in sync-ness with WRs
possibly erratic FG kicking
early on, inexperience at DL depth

A little bit I'm grasping at straws here, though.

Last edited:
Issues I see:

depth at RB
inexperience in the secondary (thanks, Rodney!)
TE blocking
pass-blocking consistency
aging LBs/athleticism
early on, #12's in sync-ness with WRs
possibly erratic FG kicking
early on, inexperience at DL depth

A little bit I'm grasping at straws here, though.

Righto - I see you grasping at straws all the way.

Fact is we really measure up favorably, against every single other team in the NFL.

Only in San Diego will you find a team even remotely as complete in every phase of the game as NE.

Name me a running back group of four you would take over ours ( I am not talking one or two - I mean taken as a group).

Secondary is deeper than anywhere and as talented as any, even with the suspensions and injury.

TE blocking - are you kidding - Kyle Brady solves that.

Pass blocking - other than occasional trouble with speed rushers around Light (which they can scheme), Brady is safe. Please do not tel me about one exhibition game.

LB'ers - don't even think about telling me how old and slow they are - two or three may be old, but they also are top notch all the way.

#12 will be just fine thank you - look at his WR's please tell me you are not worried about him - and it starts next week. Be ready for the Jets being blown out.

The Ghost is fine......I am not concerned at all.

The DL - even with RS pupped is the best in the NFL, bar none. Green & Wright start for most other teams and Le Kevin will be a force.

Guys we are winning 12, 13 or 14 games no doubt...maybe even more. We are that good and all that this regular season will do is point to rematch with SD maybe Indy or a surprise overachiever.

ENJOY!!

Hey, I'm enthusiastic, too - I'm just looking at things that could be troubling. I won't go through all of them, but yes, I'm aware of Kyle Brady's blocking prowess. I'm also aware that Ben Watson is deficient there and that Brady won't always - I hope - be on the field.

I do hope the TE blocking is there this year. We need to protect Brady and we can win every game.
Nobody mentioned the punting; are we ok here?
thanks

can look at this from a position point of view or a team point of view, will choose the latter:

Offense, great blend of youth and maturity, great depth at receiver, adequate running back, great leadership and talent at QB, line getting better every year they play together, tight end remains to be seen.

Defense, some say the front 7 is the best in the league, great blend of youth and maturity, linebackers might be older, but tremendously savvy and great instincts, d-backs have played together for a while now, assante and meriweather make this group better.

Coaching and organizational attributes make the individuals on this team better, so anything that is deficit can be equalized. Individually there are some needs, but overall the team is greater than the sum of its parts..

Name me a running back group of four you would take over ours ( I am not talking one or two - I mean taken as a group).

how about Jax, Chargers, saints, maybe seahawks.

Jax, Chargers, Saints. Don't think so re: Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes