• Its bad, and going to get worse.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Personally, I think by december, the passing game will be as potent as it was last year...

your thoughts?

Agree. Next year, even better than last.

He asked for "thoughts" NEM, not a rehash of your previous unsubstantiated bloviations. :bricks:

How is the passing game? Out of the recovery room and resting uncomfortably in a semi-private room being awoken every couple hours by the floor nurse to check vitals. Prognosis looks good, and rehab will be starting very soon. But they have a long recovery ahead. Next season will see the true explosion in the passing game.

Last edited:
NEM said:
I think the results of this poll are pretty obvious.

I will stand by my original statement. THIS IS THE BEST OVERALL GROUP OF WIDE RECEIVERS ON ANY TEAM IN THE NFL.... and I emphasize the words...AS A GROUP.

IMO< Unmatched...AS A GROUP.

All five and then throw Watson into the mix.

I think our group is great and im real excited with the potential - but i would have to say taht the rams combo of isaac bruce, torry holt, kevin curtis, and sean mcdonald is one hell of a receiver group.

Wow, 100% of the vote with 14 votes in.

You homers. :p
(yeah, yeah, yeah, I voted too)

Personally I think the passing game is going to help the running game more so come playoff time than now - Do I think the passing game is gonna start magically having Brady get consecutive 300 yard passing games and one or more receivers getting on the top 10 list on yard stats? -no - I think this passing unit is an full season away from being a solid unit,it will take some time,BUT they can be good enough to keep Defenses honest more later in the season and are good enough to get us where we want to be at the end of this year,but will they be much better later this year?-I say no - Good enough to become a part of a Super Bowl offensive team?-Yes....The running game,special teams and D-Line continued success (our strongest areas so far) is what is gonna get us a 4th title,the other positions of this team will help us make that an easier path to the promised land..that may be all we need in this league of no dominant teams.

Have said pretty consistently, when we get to week 10, will be able to judge this better.. seems that the past couple of weeks it has improved, and this trend should continue.

There is a lot of potential

As long as everyone stays healthy I think the passing game will be a strenght.

Best in NFL? No.

But good enough to take the heat off Dillon and Kool Aid and put give defenses problems.

I interpreted the poll questions as all reflecting a negative perspedtive of the receivers. I think they have done pretty well. The passing game has shown some inconsistency but I don't like implying it all has to do with the receivers. Surely that is a part of it, but pressure, batted balls, and poor throws have contributed just as significantly. Yes I think the passing game will improve, but I don't think the receivers have been inadequate.

Hard to compare to last year, we couldnt run for crap so we had to pass and pass alot. Its not going to be what it was last year and we need to accept that. Bradys numbers wont even be close to last year where he lead the team in yards passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes