Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where is the emotion?!?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsfan55, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsfan55

patsfan55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I found myself watching an interview with Ray Lewis last night on NFL Network thinking to myself, "man I wish we had an emotional leader like that." It's not a new problem though people. You can even see it in 2007, we were too professional, too yankee-like. Just showing up and "doing our jobs." I miss the old days when Tom would butt helmets with Daniel Graham, and scream on the sidelines. We have no coaches screaming on the sidelines. The only players I really saw any emotion out of today were Kevin Faulk and Julian Edelman. That's not to say others didn't show it. Obviously I'm missing a lot watching the game on tv. But, there's just something missing with this team over the last few years, and yes it was missing in 2007 too. It's one of the reasons we lost that game, because the giants just wanted it more.

2. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 43 / -19

You need to re-watch Faulk on the sidelines yelling at the offense. The emotion was there.

3. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +311 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Bruschi and Harrison were extremely emotional players. They thrived on it. Willie was kind of the enforcer. Vrabel seemed like the c0cky wiseass tough guy. Seau is very emotional, but not an impact player.

They're a different kind of team now. I think that hurts them now. I don't think it hurt them in SB42 nearly as much as the pass rush.

4. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Re-read my post, I mentioned Faulk and Edelman showing emotion, but didn't see it anywhere else.

I'm the biggest Moss-backer, but holy crap. ALL TRUE competitors go 110% on every play when faced with the greatest adversity, such as the 19 point deficit when driving towards the end of the game. Instead Moss decided to block NOBODY, two guys ran right by him, and let Faulk get lit up on a draw to lose yardage. Moss went down a ton in my book on that one play.

5. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Everything gelled correctly then, they don't right now.

6. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Speaking of Ray, one bright spot in this debacle is the simple fact that he'll be so busy prepping for Indy he won't have time to murder anyone this week. A life was saved today.

7. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +311 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

They're comprised of more disparate parts now, but they're young in many positions. They'll be gellin'.

8. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 9 / -5

talent and execution brings emotion. there have been many ray lews rah rah games where the ravens have lost ..even blown out by indy once.. . i means nothing. BB always says forget the previous play and move on the next good or bad. this team didnt have that mental strength to keep playing with narrowed focus due to lack of maturity or whatever it may be and was the trend all season e.g saints game or texans 2nd half. they let the previous plays effect the next play =loss.

9. mgteich

Ratings:
    +566 / 43 / -19

My bad, I should read more carefully.

10. mgteich

Ratings:
    +566 / 43 / -19

I find the saddest part of the day is that many of us look up to Ray Lewis, his play and leadership, his intelligence and his emotion.

He is a scumbag, but not on this day.

11. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I disagree. Emotion during a game is what helps you do things you otherwise would not be able to accomplish.

12. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Meh, I've seen him stomp around and do his little dance before games they've been blown out in. He does make plays, though. Lots of them. So did OJ.

13. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +326 / 60 / -40

No Jersey Selected

Post of the Day candidate.

But regarding PF55's OP: The 2007 season quite possibly will go down as one of the worst things ever to happen to this franchise. All of the remaining passion & enthusiasm was sucked out our team from several places, incl. our own passionless, arrogant HC.

14. patsfan55

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

It's very true. The flip side of the Celtics losing the Oden lottery being a blessing in disguise, 07 might have been a curse in disguise.

15. nicoleandfrankie

nicoleandfrankie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no emotion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.