PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

where is the anger , where is the backlash???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
yes its may, and its been a very long offseason... not alot to talk about... and im sure people are sick of lockout talk... But where is you view on all this... i see the post about chris collingsworth, that he thinks football wont happen till nov... really/?? and fans say oh well that is ok , some football is better than no football... garbage... 1982 was a garbage season... even though the pats made the playoffs that season sucked.... 87 also sucked missing one game and replacement players for 3.... im angry at both players and owners that it has gone this far,and if it goes that long ( november ) the way people are saying .... its time as fans to show anger back at the nfl for taking our game away.. there is no way they cant settle this and its going to drag into the courts... i want a full season of football it may not seem much now because most of our football clocks dont start till say aug 1st, and if that is not settled by then i would hope more fans would show anger and not say oh welll its ok we will play a 8 game season... i will say it again.. DEAR DUMMIES GET IT DONE....

yes its may, and its been a very long offseason... not alot to talk about... and im sure people are sick of lockout talk... But where is you view on all this... i see the post about chris collingsworth, that he thinks football wont happen till nov... really/?? and fans say oh well that is ok , some football is better than no football... garbage... 1982 was a garbage season... even though the pats made the playoffs that season sucked.... 87 also sucked missing one game and replacement players for 3.... im angry at both players and owners that it has gone this far,and if it goes that long ( november ) the way people are saying .... its time as fans to show anger back at the nfl for taking our game away.. there is no way they cant settle this and its going to drag into the courts... i want a full season of football it may not seem much now because most of our football clocks dont start till say aug 1st, and if that is not settled by then i would hope more fans would show anger and not say oh welll its ok we will play a 8 game season... i will say it again.. DEAR DUMMIES GET IT DONE....

YouTube - Network - Mad as Hell Scene

I don't see how anger is going to help the situation - the fans are just spectators in this charade.

I've read plenty of people saying that they won't ever watch the NFL again - yet, there they are posting about the NFL on a messageboard....and there isn't even any games yet.

Greed is an integral part of human nature, unfortunately both sides will only realise they're killing the golden goose when the corpse lies at their feet.

Where do you get your sense of entitlement to football from? Something will get done but only if it suits both sides like any labour dispute. How would you feel if you were locked out of work and people complained at you and your bosses?

Yes I am angry that I may not see football but I can live I'm not going to die because of it. I won't lose any sleep over it (living in the U.K. I'll gain some)

did you see the movie the truman show?

either change the channel or find something else to do.......

it is not worth getting angry over

watch how fast the 2 sides would get together if people simply stopped caring......I know it is impossible for some of you, but giving the impression of turning away will get these people together in a heartbeat.......

Last edited:
It's probably got something to do with the smart people knowing they have no affect on the outcome of litigation and aren't getting upset over something they have no control over.

All you're doing is coming across as a dummy spitting complainer.

It's not football season. When labor day rolls around and we have no NFL football there will be millions of really angry fans.

Getting pissed means you still care, apathy is what scares them. The fans that simply find something else to do on Sunday may just stop caring about the NFL. Ask the NHL.

Last edited:
Where do you get your sense of entitlement to football from? Something will get done but only if it suits both sides like any labour dispute. How would you feel if you were locked out of work and people complained at you and your bosses?

Yes I am angry that I may not see football but I can live I'm not going to die because of it. I won't lose any sleep over it (living in the U.K. I'll gain some)

Of course we are entitled we have been paying for it for years. I felt entitled to the NFL Net during their disputes with the cable company and I would feel entitled to a Coke even if they were on strike or locked out. As the public in this society we are entitled to what ever is out there for us to buy. If they want to shut us out they are entitled as well and as the op said we should be pissed about it. And I am pissed Damn it I get pissed.

I'm disappointed but won't waste my time getting angry about it. When it comes back i will continue to watch in all likelihood but i don't think i will ever give the Kraft's another nickel personally. No more buying game tickets, paying for parking, or buying any Patriots merchandise whatsoever, I'll just stick to watching it on TV. If they miss the season or a big chunk of it i may give up on it altogether, hard as that is to imagine for me.

I'm disappointed but won't waste my time getting angry about it. When it comes back i will continue to watch in all likelihood but i don't think i will ever give the Kraft's another nickel personally. No more buying game tickets, paying for parking, or buying any Patriots merchandise whatsoever, I'll just stick to watching it on TV. If they miss the season or a big chunk of it i may give up on it altogether, hard as that is to imagine for me.
This may be the first time townes and I have agreed on anything :)

If a game is missed I will still buy NFL Sunday Ticket as I can't miss the games. But that's all they get from me. No more $60 hoodies, jerseys, cups, mugs, license plate holders. Ever. It's not a lot. But if every fan cuts out "not a lot" it will add up to a lot. I can get a $10 hoodie without the Patriots logo at Wal Mart. The other $50 can be well spent elsewhere on something that doesn't go to the NFL's pockets.

Backlash ? Hit them where it hurts.

Last edited:
This may be the first time townes and I have agreed on anything :)

If a game is missed I will still buy NFL Sunday Ticket as I can't miss the games. But that's all they get from me. No more $60 hoodies, jerseys, cups, mugs, license plate holders. Ever. It's not a lot. But if every fan cuts out "not a lot" it will add up to a lot. I can get a $10 hoodie without the Patriots logo at Wal Mart. The other $50 can be well spent elsewhere on something that doesn't go to the NFL's pockets.

Backlash ? Hit them where it hurts.

Actually I'm pretty sure we have always agreed on one thing.

The jets suck.

i just find it amazing people talk about fa , the schedule the draft pics and etc ,when the season is in somewhat doubt... I just find that 2 parties that have made so much money and is doing so well, are going to really screw the pooch... i find fault at both sides although the owners im still more upset with... i wont be one to say im done with football that would be foolish, but i would do like somepeople say , no more buying tickets paying for parking and etc.. might even cancel direct tv... but i wont follow football

It's probably got something to do with the smart people knowing they have no affect on the outcome of litigation and aren't getting upset over something they have no control over.

All you're doing is coming across as a dummy spitting complainer.

I'm disappointed it has come to this but like Bill says it is what it is. I won't get angry unless they ruin the game in the process, and even missing part of a season isn't what would do that...failing to achieve a sustainable CBA or screwing up the formula that allowed this league to flourish while others have seen their appeal diminish is.

Getting pissed means you still care, apathy is what scares them. The fans that simply find something else to do on Sunday may just stop caring about the NFL. Ask the NHL.

That's an interesting point. Most of us folks on this board are hard core fans (hey, we're out here posting in May in the middle of a lockout...that's hard core).

But, when you think about it, the reason the NFL is able to command those ginormous TV contracts is the explosion of the viewer base over the last ten or so years (I think it's been growing at around ten percent a year, which means it doubles every seven or so years). How much of that added fan base will be "at risk?"

If the Draft is any indication, the NFL should be worried, as the first night was down 16% over last year and the rest was down 28%. I think that suggests that there is a significant portion of the viewer base that will find something else to do on Sunday afternoon.

You can't get angry over things you have no control over...to do so would be to flirt with insanity-o.

I hope they'll be a big backlash, it would suit me fine. But right now the players need to be crushed. If that means no football for a year, I'm all for it.:rocker:

I'm disappointed it has come to this but like Bill says it is what it is. I won't get angry unless they ruin the game in the process, and even missing part of a season isn't what would do that...failing to achieve a sustainable CBA or screwing up the formula that allowed this league to flourish while others have seen their appeal diminish is.

Most upset that they are allowing the court to dictate the outcome, when all they had to do is get real serious early..

But anger is a wasted emotion.. more like disapointment that they chose not to work this out amicably and in the interim look like fools on both sides..

It's probably got something to do with the smart people knowing they have no affect on the outcome of litigation and aren't getting upset over something they have no control over. ...

... which of course is the nature of being a fan, getting worked up over something you have no control over (games, drafts, etc.). :)

I think the thing is it's still May and most of us are optimistic that something will be worked out. There was a post here on the Gronk thread that included a lot of game action from NE-Pitt last year, and I was watching thinking, "man, football is a great game to watch; can't wait til fall." I see fan anxiety growing as we get closer, if camp time comes and nothing's happening, and our internal clocks start telling us it's football time. I actually think fan anger can and probably will become a factor in getting things resolved eventually, just not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down