PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Kade Weston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, he's not even the only Patriot: Kaczur is Canadian, and there's obviously Mt. Vollmer, too.

He's hardly the only rookie this year either- Zoltan Mesko is from Romania.

Doesn't mean all those players have visa issues. Most or all live here, undoubtedly, and Canada is not like a tropical Island.

Baseball used to always have these visa issues with all the Caribbean and South American players.

Doesn't mean all those players have visa issues. Most or all live here, undoubtedly, and Canada is not like a tropical Island.

Just because they live "here" doesn't mean they won't or have already had trouble changing their student visa into a work visa or obtaining a Green Card or some other issue...he had a problem that delayed him, they did not have one(at least one that affected their ability to participate in OTAs).

That wasn't even the point of what we were saying, we were pointing out that he isn't the only foreign born player on the team- Kaczur and Vollmer, Chung and Mesko are also foreign born players on the Patriots.

I would not be surprised if in the near future we hear about Mesko trying or obtaining citizenship, he should be eligible since he has been in the country on a Green Card for 13 years :cool:

Baseball used to always have these visa issues with all the Caribbean and South American players.

They are still having problems.

Just because they live "here" doesn't mean they won't or have already had trouble changing their student visa into a work visa or obtaining a Green Card or some other issue...he had a problem that delayed him, they did not have one(at least one that affected their ability to participate in OTAs).

That wasn't even the point of what we were saying, we were pointing out that he isn't the only foreign born player on the team- Kaczur and Vollmer, Chung and Mesko are also foreign born players on the Patriots.

I would not be surprised if in the near future we hear about Mesko trying or obtaining citizenship, he should be eligible since he has been in the country on a Green Card for 13 years :cool:

They are still having problems.

Whatever. I was posting about the thread topic.

Yeah, he was eligible after 5. Maybe Zoltan doesn't want to be a citizen.

Last edited:
Whatever. I was posting about the thread topic.

Yeah, he was eligible after 5. Maybe Zoltan doesn't want to be a citizen.

I am fairly certain (worked with a gent from and he was a GC holder, and became a US citizen) that Romania does not recognize dual citizenship. As soon as he accepted US citizenship, his Romanian passport would be revoked. If he has family in Romania....its just easier to keep renewing the GC.

I am fairly certain (worked with a gent from and he was a GC holder, and became a US citizen) that Romania does not recognize dual citizenship. As soon as he accepted US citizenship, his Romanian passport would be revoked. If he has family in Romania....its just easier to keep renewing the GC.

Both US and Romania allow dual citizenship, he would not have to give up his Romania passport or citizenship. His only requirement would be to use his US passport to exit/enter the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back