PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Cassel's most likely landing spot in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Schefter. Cassel starting QB New York Jets 2009.

Cassel will be the starting QB for NE. The real question is where will Brady be. :p

I can see Cassel end up in Minnesota where they have arguably the best RB in football and need a QB just to do the little things to get their team seriously in contention in the NFC - Cassel has shown he can do the things he needs to do and with a good running game makes it even better

Where does Cassel go?

Assuming Brady's ok, where does he land. Is he franchised?

I have to say that for some reason, as depressing as it sounds, I see him ending up with the Jets.

Re: Where does Cassel go?

I have to say that for some reason, as depressing as it sounds, I see him ending up with the Jets.

49'ers

10 Char.

what is wrong with the other 9 threads on this topic?

He's going to Disneyland

The eastside.

You know moving on up

to the deluxe aptartment in the sky.

He is going to a higher tax bracket thats for sure.

Personally, I'm starting to wonder--although I derided it before--if he might end up with the Titans. Kerry Collins is getting up there in years, and Vince Young doesn't look like an NFL QB.

Personally, I'm starting to wonder--although I derided it before--if he might end up with the Titans. Kerry Collins is getting up there in years, and Vince Young doesn't look like an NFL QB.

He'd be the perfect QB for that team. He's about the same size as Vince Young (maybe an inch shorter) and has similar tools to him, but a way better mental makeup. It would make for a scary team, with that running game + Matt Cassel for sure.

I would say either the titans, seahawks, vikings, bears, or buccaneers

J-E-T-S!!!! They need a QB.

They need more than a QB, they need to call in an airstrike on the franchise and start over.

That never crossed my mind, but that is a great suggestion. If the Titans are looking towards the future, they should sign Cassel. If the Titans could get a top flight reciever to go with Cassel, look out! However, it would make things harder to sign him now if the Titans win the superbowl. It would be like the Trent Dilfer for Elvis Grbac all over again, even though Cassel is way better than Grbac.

IMO, Belichick will probably give the same advice to Cassel that he did to Mangini. Hopefully, for Cassel's sake, he takes it (and I think he will). There are a lot of places in the NFL where a talented young guy can make a name for himself. in NY, with the Jets, is not one of them. That organization is a circus, and it's only a matter of time before you get blamed for its problems.

Can we please get a thread merge? This topic is no different than the other threads that are already on this site on this specific topic.

Take your choice from:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-cassels-most-likely-landing-spot-2009-a.html (12-25-08)
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...0/190152-how-many-teams-would-bid-cassel.html (12-2-08)
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/191348-shefter-qb-market-offseason.html (12-5-08)
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...17-cassels-stock-tag-trade-ability-level.html (12-08-08)

All of them are about the same thing.. What is Cassel worth and Where is he going.

Last edited:

My guess - back to holding a clipboard for Tom Brady to the tune of 14 million dollars.

My guess - back to holding a clipboard for Tom Brady to the tune of 14 million dollars.

$20 say you're wrong and that Cassel isn't here to the tune of $14+ million.

That's the worst guess on any subject I have read for a while. Minnesota or Tampa Bay would work out well for all concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back