PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where have all the b1tchers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

Ditto! As a accused homer, I firmly believe that Belichick has earned our faith and deserves our patiences. We had one bad year (I still consider an 11-5 season without Brady in a fluke year where 11 wins is not enough to get in the playoffs a successful year) in which the Pats had 10 wins and won the division. It is not enough for me to question his ability to lead this team like a lot of fans have apparently decided to do?

Yes, Belichick has made his mistakes and some in hindsight are pretty bad, but what head coach/GM hasn't. His success rate is still better than most.

I still think it is funny that many of the things the Pats do that were consider part of Belichick's genius three years ago is now proof he is losing it today. Belichick always believed to draft the best player on his draft board rather than reaching for need. That was genius when back in the day, but now it is stupidity. When the Pats traded out of the first round in 2003 for a second that year and first the following was genius. Last night people were biatching about trading a late 3rd for a second next year. Drafting for value has turned the Patriot Way to being cheap. Looking for Patriots type of players is no longer a smart strategy and the Pats should now take flashy, head cases who are high risk/high reward types of players. And it only two two years removed from a perfect regular season and one play way from a perfect season to get to this point.

Logan Mankins aside, show me where BB has done better in the last 5 years than these so called draft experts draftwise. Show me, if you want, I will break down every draft since 2005, and show you BB's pick, and who could have been had, and it basically would show what I've been saying all along. BB has been terrible drafting since 2005. Mankins has been his only hit. And there have been dozens of day two picks where he has blown it. I'm sorry guys, keep drinking the koolaid, but BB has been terrible drafting prospects, and if you wanna question my loyalty, go ahead, at least I have the balls to come to this thread and stand up, and offer proof.

Hey this guy is an expert!!!!

You can tell because he posts.

Sport, what about Welker and Moss?

Ever bother to check the record?

It is funny that most of the usual suspect of Patriots basher have been around since the Pats started to draft. Maybe they all had more important stuff to do on this lovely weekend (but really, what is more important than the draft). Or maybe they are just frauds who just want to biatch about the Pats for sport.

I didn't bash the first round pick, I just didn't like it at the time (but reserved the right to change my mind). And I'm still here. :D

It is funny that most of the usual suspect of Patriots basher have been around since the Pats started to draft. Maybe they all had more important stuff to do on this lovely weekend (but really, what is more important than the draft). Or maybe they are just frauds who just want to biatch about the Pats for sport.

I don't consider myself a Patriots basher, but I don't understand the reflexive reaction many seem to have to defend the Pats no matter what they do. Overall I like this draft, but I still think the 1st round pick was lousy. The Pats won Superbowls with less than stellar cornerbacks, but they had dominant front sevens. Their front seven is mediocre right now. I think we have real depth problems on the D-line. Over the last several years the drafts have been poor. Our cornerback selections have been mediocre to bad. BB seems to have a love for whoever has the best 3 cone time.

That said, I love the TE pick if he's really healthy (and I assume he is), I like the Spikes pick a lot and really don't have an opinion on Cunningham. Hope he turns into a great OL.

But whether McCourty is a good pick will depend on what he does AND what the players we could have taken do in the next couple of years. Hey, if McCourty starts 8 games or more ad DB, it was a good pick. If he returns a couple of kicks for touchdowns or blocks a kick to WIN a game and is in the regular rotation, it was a good pick. If Hughes is the next Freeney, not such a good pick.

Wow, this has turned into a fun discussion while I was out having a drunken yet boring dinner out tonight.

I was on a plane during round 1 of the draft. When I got on my BlackBerry and read the draft recap my reaction was "WTF, a CB???" I still question it, and I think that's OK. But I also know that BB knows a helluvalot more than me about this stuff, as he has proven time and time again. I started this thread because I thought the absence of the *****ing threads today was funny, and I still do. I think people have the right to complain, as I sometimes do. But to assume that we know more than BB and his team do, to not give them the benefit of the doubt, to not presume that there's a plan in place to help the team win now and in the long term... well, that's just beyond ******* ludicrous. Who would you rather ******* root for? Go follow them.

Meet the new Pats, same as the old Pats.

Hey this guy is an expert!!!!

You can tell because he posts.

Sport, what about Welker and Moss?

Ever bother to check the record?

He's the same guy that was disappointed when Mangini went to the Jets. I think his quote was " I was hoping Mangini would take over for Bill Belichick".

I stopped taking him seriously back then.

I don't consider myself a Patriots basher, but I don't understand the reflexive reaction many seem to have to defend the Pats no matter what they do. Overall I like this draft, but I still think the 1st round pick was lousy. The Pats won Superbowls with less than stellar cornerbacks, but they had dominant front sevens. Their front seven is mediocre right now. I think we have real depth problems on the D-line. Over the last several years the drafts have been poor. Our cornerback selections have been mediocre to bad. BB seems to have a love for whoever has the best 3 cone time.

That said, I love the TE pick if he's really healthy (and I assume he is), I like the Spikes pick a lot and really don't have an opinion on Cunningham. Hope he turns into a great OL.

But whether McCourty is a good pick will depend on what he does AND what the players we could have taken do in the next couple of years. Hey, if McCourty starts 8 games or more ad DB, it was a good pick. If he returns a couple of kicks for touchdowns or blocks a kick to WIN a game and is in the regular rotation, it was a good pick. If Hughes is the next Freeney, not such a good pick.

First, if Hughes is the next Freeney, it doesn't mean he would be remotely as successful in the Pats' 3-4. The Colts' look for far defensive players than the Pats do and rarely would their skills transfer. Even though Caldwell is trying to toughen up the Colts' defense, they are still all about speed over read and react abilities.

Second, it is one thing to question the Patriots' moves. It is another thing to bash them for everything they do or don't do (like get high risk, flashy players like Marshall or Holmes). There are people on this board who trash everything these days. They are a subset of this board and different from people who question moves on a case by case basis. In fact, many of them are probably steal Jets fans (ramon).

Third, who did the Pats really miss out on though. People who complain about the McCourty pick because they wanted a pass rusher or DE fail to realize that there weren't many front seven players selected between McCourty and Gronkowski or even Cunningham.

Betweem McCourty and Gronkowski only Hughes, Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, Brian Price, and Koa Misi were drafted. Williams and Price don't fill a need. Since Belichick passed on Odrick, he probably isn't as high on him as most people are since he loved drafting d-linemen in the first round.

Between Gronkowski and Cunningham, the following front seven players were drafted: Sergio Kindle, Lamarr Houston, Linval Joseph, Darryl Washington, and Jason Worllds. The Pats had several shots at Kindle pass by them twice and has medical concerns. Washington is too small for the Pats. Worllds was rated lower than Cunningham. Joseph is not a need. Houston doesn't project well in a 3-4.

So all the complaints about the Pats not addressing the front seven until Cunningham is a little overstated since the Pats may have let two or three players that might fit the Pats' system pass them by.

Fourth, I don't don't defend the Pats no matter what they do. I give Belichick the benefit of the doubt that he might know more than me and I will give him a chance to prove the world wrong. I feel he has earned that leeway from me and the rest of the fanbase. I have trashed many of his moves in hindsight.

Last edited:
I believe this was the type of thing PJ was talking about when he said the board is in serious need of moderation. Is the insulting tone and the "homer" talk really needed? Nope.

Also, people who claim since they played football they have more knowlegde about it than someone who didn't...it's no better than the posters who claim since they build good teams on Madden they know how to run a franchise.

The O.P. (an excellent poster, btw) set this up to be confrontational from the title on. Any "needed" moderation would have locked down this thread before it even got started.

I didn't bash the first round pick, I just didn't like it at the time (but reserved the right to change my mind). And I'm still here. :D

My thoughts exactly. The people that didnt like the first pick were not saying the draft as a whole was a disaster because the Pats still had 3 second round picks so obviously they could have added good players that filled needs. I would say that they did that. I still don't like the first pick but overall would say that it has been a successful draft

Wow, this has turned into a fun discussion while I was out having a drunken yet boring dinner out tonight.

I was on a plane during round 1 of the draft. When I got on my BlackBerry and read the draft recap my reaction was "WTF, a CB???" I still question it, and I think that's OK. But I also know that BB knows a helluvalot more than me about this stuff, as he has proven time and time again. I started this thread because I thought the absence of the *****ing threads today was funny, and I still do. I think people have the right to complain, as I sometimes do. But to assume that we know more than BB and his team do, to not give them the benefit of the doubt, to not presume that there's a plan in place to help the team win now and in the long term... well, that's just beyond ******* ludicrous. Who would you rather ******* root for? Go follow them.

Meet the new Pats, same as the old Pats.
I was eating Chinese during the draft last night (at least it was suppose to be Chinese) it was exciting, not boring.
:bricks:

One request before the 5th round choice.

If someone is picked in rounds 5-7, we didn't "steal" him.

He was left on the curb and we picked him up. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, though.:D

Where have all the cowboys gone?

cowboys.jpg

grande Patjew ! ciao

Ha ha. Sorry son, you talk a good game, but sadly the rest of your posts say otherwise.

You're a whiny punk sat at home behind his computer screen thumping the keyboard because you're clueless and haven't a clue about the sport or the team you watch.

Thanks for playing though. Now, be quiet whilst the adults talk.

Brit

"whilst"?

Have to love the elegance of our language across the pond.

Besides that guy once picked his nose. He's now a self proclaimed brain surgeon.

People forget that the team isn't built until July/August. Many things can happen. The first round isn't the only day of the draft. Plus priority FA's after today, other teams cutting veterans after the draft etc. As for the questioning of a CB in the first round, go look at how much time defenses spend in the nickel in the new NFL. Most of your better teams are looking for 3-4 quality CB's...including the Jets. Plus 2 #1's & #2's next year? That is INSANE! Go look at the 3 WR's coming out next year...beasts...perfect replacements for Moss. I suspect BB has a plan going forward...

Thank you

Elite offenses hammer blitzing defenses. This board has been so blitz hysterical it's amazing. Having the sickest nickel/dime packages in the league is where we appear to be going.

Use that as a base and back fill the blitzing.

The O.P. (an excellent poster, btw) set this up to be confrontational from the title on. Any "needed" moderation would have locked down this thread before it even got started.

Thanks DI. Yes, I was being confrontational, but you know me, I'm all emotion, little football acumen.

There's always room for criticism. No one is beyond reproach. But I guess what I was lashing out at were mostly the non fans who are all but gone now and who could have been gone long ago.

Thanks DI. Yes, I was being confrontational, but you know me, I'm all emotion, little football acumen.

There's always room for criticism. No one is beyond reproach. But I guess what I was lashing out at were mostly the non fans who are all but gone now and who could have been gone long ago.

Hell, you know I've got no problems with people being confrontational. :cool:

Last edited:
I was thinking about that too, kontra. She was hot for about 5 minutes in 1997.

Her underarm hair was a complete turn-off.

What, one good draft day and all of you b1tches head for the hills? What, nothing to say now that BB might not have "lost it"? Gee, please come back with an 86 page thread about Dez Bryant.

I've been lurking for a long time now because I can't stand to post amongst the gripers-for-the-sake-of-griping. This board has been in need of some serious moderation lately, and for some reason it's been absent. Maybe BB has provided it himself.

Yeah, I know I'm just a stupid homer and GFY and whatnot.

Welcome to the new Pats!

Hello,

I don't post much mostly lurk from time to time. I was one of those a little dissapointed with McCourty pick. I think the reason a lot of people feel the sky if falling. Is because they see the Patriots dominance slipping. Outside of last years draft we have had some pretty subpar draft classes recently.

In the past our team was set so we needed to fill in holes etc. IMO, This team is in need of more star power. I realize that Bellicheks MO is to trade down and acquire more picks ETC. But I will take 5 really good picks over 12 decent ones neday of the week. Hopefully we have a good class like last year and they stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back