PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does Brady Rank Among QBs All-Time, NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady = Aikman. Both are good not great qb's who were fortunate enough to play on great teams. Neither of them are top 20 qb's.

Brady = Aikman. Both are good not great qb's who were fortunate enough to play on great teams. Neither of them are top 20 qb's.

The 2007 season removed any doubt about Brady being superior to Aikman.

First off, Steve Young does NOT belong on this list, I would have to say that the five best(not in any particular order) would be: Montana,Bradshaw,Brady,Elway,Favre

First off, Steve Young does NOT belong on this list, I would have to say that the five best(not in any particular order) would be: Montana,Bradshaw,Brady,Elway,Favre

Totally agree...I'm still MIFFED that Young got in to the HOF on the first ballot. That was a crime.

Totally agree...I'm still MIFFED that Young got in to the HOF on the first ballot. That was a crime.

Yeah, how does a man who was the highest rated career passer in NFL history when he retired get in on the first ballot? What a crime!!

The 2007 season removed any doubt about Brady being superior to Aikman.

Then there are an awful lot of good teams out there with lousy quarterbacks. You see winning is all that matters and in new England we blessed with the best.

Brady is top 10.. Right next to Manning. Both are climbing the latter to the top with every passing year. No pun intially intended.

But, you are probably in the top 10 dumbest posters of all time.

Yeah, how does a man who was the highest rated career passer in NFL history when he retired get in on the first ballot? What a crime!!

Its a crime because of these numbers:

Young Total Yards: 33,214
Marino Total Yards: 61,361
Young Total TDs: 232
Marino Total TDs: 420

He had NO business getting in at the same time as Marino. None. There is Zero comparison. Marino is Legend, Young...a very talented QB that had a very nice career.

Young should have been made to wait at least one year.

That is the Crime.

If you're going to be annoying about it, why not complain about:
Tom 'I couldn't get it done in the big game with THE most talented offense in the history of the game' Brady?

In case you didn't watch the last 6 games, the Patriots did not have the most talented offense in history. Their O-line was not close to being one of the best and that is the ONLY reason we lost 1 game. To this date, Brady has done nothing to disprove he is one of the most clutch QB's ever.

Just an opposing fan's opinion. QB's I'd put ahead of Brady:

John Elway---5, that's right, FIVE Super Bowl appearances with 2 wins. Carried Denver's offense in the late 80's, with a talented but not all-time great defense on the other side. Was able to get his rings once he had an offensive mind worthy of using his talents, and able to give him some help in other phases of the game offensively.

Brett Favre---.500 in the big game, with 2 appearances. Carried Green Bay's offenses to elite status in the 90s. Delivered the ball with a velocity/accuracy combination the game had never seen before and hasn't since...Probably the most dominant QB ever in his prime, as well.

Joe Montana---4 Super Bowl appearances, FOUR WINS. Not the most talented, and not even the most consistent QB ever....just the greatest when he had to be. As accurate a passer a you could ask for when he got in a zone, too. There's not really anyone I'd be more comfortable trusting the football with. Also, the best out-of-the-pocket passer in history, particularly good to his right.

Steve Young---1 SB appearance in which he put up an all-time great performance in a winning effort. He's the most accurate QB ever. He was also the BEST running QB ever (and I say best in that he was SMART about it....he "knew" when to take off and when not to. Montana also knew this, but Young was just on a whole other level with the ball in his hands.) Not a "choke artist" in big games either, as some have said....

...Brady DEFINITELY comes after all these guys on *the list* IMO, with guys like Marino, Aikman, Kelly, and Manning.

I'm guessing you're around 15 years old...am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back