PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does BB's trust lay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Here is a thought during a time when our WR are getting heavy criticism for lack of depth and talent. Could it be that BB trust TB more than his WR to move the ball, and that is why we are holding with our current roster? In any given game we are the most spread around offense in football. taking 1 reciever out of the mix of 8-10 shouldn't disrupt the offensive flow even if that WR is Deion. We must believe in the system and it mvp qb, not one pawn at WR. Branch has great talent, but so does BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe be really thinks that Brady and a strong running game will lead to anyone being able to be a good WR for us. I'm not buying it yet. Or maybe he's confident Branch will come in - if so, Branch, Caldwell, Brown, Jackson should be a fine 1-4.

Digger44 said:
Here is a thought during a time when our WR are getting heavy criticism for lack of depth and talent. Could it be that BB trust TB more than his WR to move the ball, and that is why we are holding with our current roster? In any given game we are the most spread around offense in football. taking 1 reciever out of the mix of 8-10 shouldn't disrupt the offensive flow even if that WR is Deion. We must believe in the system and it mvp qb, not one pawn at WR. Branch has great talent, but so does BB.
Well Spoken Digger,At this point I do admit that Deion is indeed our go to Guy.But As has been said SO many times in the past.Football is a team sport,So where one guy fails Others need to step up.Brady has a talent for getting the ball around to those who are open,Not those with the fattest wallet.I would love to see Branch with us for many more years.But at this point.BB knows that as Head Coach,He is responsible for fielding the best players,and with the Confidence and talent that Our Coaching Staff and Quarterback have.He is making do with what he can get his hands On.IN BB WE TRUST!

I saw games against teams like SD and carolina last year where they couldnt move the ball at all, and that was with branch givens dwight brown and guys like that. Its a little to optimistic to believe that these practice squad guys will be able to go against NFL defenses and be able to get open for brady. What i cant understand is last year they had givens and branch along with brown, dwigh,t andre davis, bethel and yet they were still trying to sign peerless price , this year their in much worse shape and are doing anything. If these new guys cant get open and brady starts getting hit even more, if im brady..next year i hold out and demand the money he left on the table so his teamates could supposedly be signed. The Pats took this offseason with a very arrogant approach which could haunt them this year. Championships are won by teams with the best players and the best depth, not those who think they got the best value and end up with the most cap space. and the pats seemd to have forgot it. Someone used a car analogy last week so ill use mine. Its like going to buy a car and seeing all these nice cars around. but you dont think buying that BMW is worth the money, so instead you buy a used oldsmobile because its better value. the only difference the car breaks down 2 months later and your embarrased to drive in it, and within 8 months you'll be looking for a new car again. the best patriot seasons is when they were proactive, they were anything but this offseason.

Good luck to brady

BelichickFan said:
Maybe be really thinks that Brady and a strong running game will lead to anyone being able to be a good WR for us. I'm not buying it yet. Or maybe he's confident Branch will come in - if so, Branch, Caldwell, Brown, Jackson should be a fine 1-4.

Honestly, that is exactly why I'm not overly concerned about the wide receiver situation. I think this is going to be the best offensive line ever fielded by the team, and a healthy Dillon supplemented by Maroney is going to result in a strong running game, allowing Brady to have a field day. If teams genuinely fear the run, and bring up an 8th man into the box, Brady will have a career year, working off of playaction and exploiting single coverage. Having a great running game can cover so many warts, and I think that's precisely what will happen this year, all the way to the Superbowl.

While the offensive line is key for the running game, I think the double TE package is key for the passing game. A guy like Watson running wild down the seem, has to be a scary sight for DBs not named Harrison or Polamaulu. Think of all the underneath options that scenario presents for the Pats QBs.

For tonight's game, which I hope Cassells starts and plays the whole first half, I expect to see a half dozen balls thrown to Thomas. BB's got to find out if this kid can play. He has the hands, but poor speed. Can his route running get him open?????

I would not be surprised to see Maroney get more carries than Dillon, but less than Cobbb.

R_T26 said:
Championships are won by teams with the best players and the best depth, not those who think they got the best value and end up with the most cap space.
Go stand at the blackboard and write one hundred times each the names of the Patriots' players who didn't go to the Pro-Bowl.

Then, Write one time, the complete roster of the Washington Redskins.

I'll take BB's mongrel approach to team building.

R_T26 said:
Championships are won by teams with the best players
So the Rams won the Superbowl in 2001? They had the best players far and away. They just didn't have the best team.

R_T26 said:
if im brady..next year i hold out
Ha ha. If you were Brady, you wouldn't hold out because you would be ... Brady, not you, and Brady wouldn't hold out. If Brady were you, THEN he'd hold out. But then he wouldn't be Brady, he'd be you, and there would be nothing to hold out of.

At least this is how Antwan Harris explained it to me....

Last edited:
spacecrime said:
So the Rams won the Superbowl in 2001? They had the best players far and away. They just didn't have the best team.

Ha ha. If you were Brady, you wouldn't hold out because you would be ... Brady, not you, and Brady wouldn't hold out. If Brady were you, THEN he'd hold out. But then he wouldn't be Brady, he'd be you, and there would be nothing to hold out of.

At least this is how Antwan Harris explained it to me....
He'd be the one to know too. :rocker:

I think Pats offense will be extremely innovative this year and emphasive the TE and FB positions, as well as a strong running game and high percentage play action passes.

I think we'll take shots down the field but will generally take long plodding drives for 10 minutes culminating in a score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back