PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where do you think the 2009 Patriots will end up?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

2009 Patriots Regular season result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have Tom Brady at quarterback there is no "definite losses" in the playoffs. COME ON GUYS :mad:

We went toe-to-toe with the 12-0 Colts, lost 4 nailbiters. Season isn't over...

When you have Tom Brady at quarterback there is no "definite losses" in the playoffs. COME ON GUYS :mad:

We went toe-to-toe with the 12-0 Colts, lost 4 nailbiters. Season isn't over...

It's quit possible that what we saw in the Colt's game was 3 Quarters of our team playing at the absolute best possible (offense and defense), but just 1 Quarter of "back to Earth" Football lost us the game. I think this team can only beat the Colts or Saints if we play above our heads. If they are anything short of perfect, they won't win. So far this season, we saw 1 game of perfect football... against a winless Titans team that quit in the 2nd Quarter.

Last edited:
season is ovah

cant wait till ice fishing season

thanks for nothing bill, the D sucks

A lot of you are rabid Bill Belichick fans. The Pats last four games are

Carolina, @ Buffalo, Jacksonville, and @ Houston. I think the Patriots

can win the first two games but the last two are tougher. Let's see

if Belichick can outcoach an opposing coach and win the tough games.

In the gutter, teams with no heart and passion don't belong in the playoffs. Miami deserves it not the patriots.

AFC East champs, 4 seed, beat Denver in the WC round, and lose to Indy in the Divisional Round. At some point, to believe that you have a realistic chance of doing damage in the postseason, you have to win a close, tight game in a hostile environment. I just can't imagine this team, as constituted, doing that this year...

2007 Giants: 10-6
Record Against Playoff Teams: 1-5

Playoff opponents regular season results

Bucs: Did not play in regular season
Cowboys: 0-2
Packers: 0-1
Patriots: 0-1

You just need to peak at the right time.

I picked miss playoffs because I don't believe this team can win a game on the road. If they lose 2 road games at Buff and Houston, that makes them 9-7 which I'm not sure is good enough to get in.

And let's be honest, the Panthers and Jags games are no sure things either home or not.

A lot of you are rabid Bill Belichick fans. The Pats last four games are

Carolina, @ Buffalo, Jacksonville, and @ Houston. I think the Patriots

can win the first two games but the last two are tougher. Let's see

if Belichick can outcoach an opposing coach and win the tough games.

This morning we said that the last five games are......and look how that turned out. Anything can happen on any given Sunday

I do not see the Dolphins finishing better than 2-2.

2007 Giants: 10-6
Record Against Playoff Teams: 1-5

Playoff opponents regular season results

Bucs: Did not play in regular season
Cowboys: 0-2
Packers: 0-1
Patriots: 0-1

You just need to peak at the right time.

The 2007 Giants had a Super Bowl calibur defense and weren't getting good play from their quarterback. As of today, we definitely... without a shadow of a doubt... do NOT have a Super Bowl calibur defense. On top of that, we're getting iffy play out of our quarterback. One could improve, the other one will not.

Oh, and we'll win in the Wild Card round before getting pasted in the divisional playoffs.

AFC East champs, 4 seed, beat Denver in the WC round, and lose to Indy in the Divisional Round. At some point, to believe that you have a realistic chance of doing damage in the postseason, you have to win a close, tight game in a hostile environment. I just can't imagine this team, as constituted, doing that this year...

Pretty much this. Finish 10-6/11-5, edge past the Broncos at home but lose at Indy (and more convincingly than the game a few weeks back).

I voted for division champs with no BYE. And that's not neccessarily a testiment to your football team, but rather an indictment of the inconsistency of the Dolphins and Jets. 9 wins could win this division, in all honesty.

Your game against the Bills is HUGE!

WE will win the division, no bye, one and done in the playoffs will be no surprise can't see us winning 2 road playoff games to get to the SB.

The 2007 Giants had a Super Bowl calibur defense

As of today, we definitely... without a shadow of a doubt... do NOT have a Super Bowl calibur defense.

Defense through 12 games for both teams...

2007 Giants: 21.4 PPG
2009 Patriots: 20.5 PPG

Oh, and we'll win in the Wild Card round before getting pasted in the divisional playoffs.

Don't you have a feeling it will be against the 16-0 Colts too :(

Any, Given, Sunday. Don't forget Peyton in the divisional round.

Win the Division - one and out in the playoffs.

I think they will win the division but I think they will lose in the first round of the play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes