Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where do you stand on Jessica's Law?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, May 6, 2006.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or a similar proposition?

Basically should convicted child predators/molesters get a MANDATORY 25 years in prison MINIMUM?

And no, I'm talking about an 18 year old having sex with a consenting 16 year old or some other statutory case like that.

2. The Gr8est

The Gr8est In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +27 / 1 / -0

Does it matter if the perpetrator is a hot looking female teacher having sex with one of her underage students?

Apparently if she is female and hot looking enough we can overlook her transgressions with a slap on the wrist.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +779 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Life in prison, no chance of parole. But, like you said, real criminals not pseudo rapists for consenting almost adults.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Much of the problem comes from non-uniform standards from state to state of the age of consent and the different ages at which girls and boys become mature or able to give consent. The US is one of a few countries that allow states or provinces to decide these things on their own. If that continues to be the case, I don't see how there can be a rational federal law that governs these issues that have traditionally been left to the states. There needs to be a uniform national standard to make a uniform national sentencing law.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +570 / 22 / -19

Given that conservatives are reluctant to fund social programs, I'd hate to see the lion's share of limited resources going to the managing the criminal. I think we need to spend more on helping victims of child abuse and teaching children about their rights and their body. In this way, I favor victims rights over the rights of criminals.

That said, I do think judges need at least a tiny bit of latitude. I don't support mandatory sentences for anything, because there are always exceptional cases. For example, in the case of abuse by a family member, the family may exert constant pressure on a child not to testify or press charges. (I know of a situation like that, where the granddaughter ultimately decided to do nothing, meaning the grandfather got off scott free.)

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Behead the pedophiles, on TV.

7. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dont really care about exceptional circumstances to pedophilia/child molestation.

Why shouldnt there be a MINIMUM of 25 years for a CONVICTED pedophile?

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +570 / 22 / -19

I have nothing against a violent pedophile getting 25 years in prison, but if there are limited funds, I'd rather see some of that money go to programs that help the victim and help prevent similar crimes from taking place. Perhaps we could do both with a small tax increase?

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Too much $$$ is spent on non effectual offender programs, take this money and spend it on victims so they do not become offenders, child molesters ( including female teachers) should do a mandatory minimum of 25 years....no chance of parole. I agree with Jessica's law...

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

"MIKEY! "MIKEY!" see, see, see what I mean, Oh holy Mary mother of Jesus H Christ Almighty God up in heaven

RAISE TAXES, DON'T PUNISH THE SCUMMY RAT B ASTARD JUST RAISE TAXES.

What do they do with Pedophiles in China? What does Castro do with them? do they raise the taxes?

The only way to completely cure a pedophile is take away his urge for sex FOREVER.
    You don't have to raise taxes to do that, you can give him some Novocain and then "Fix Him", the local Vet can do it, then he can go live wherever he wants, you can even let him open up a daycare center.

Why is it Liberals can't see the trees? :bricks:

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +570 / 22 / -19

Harry, don't misrepresent what I said. I said that if we raise taxes a little we can put the pervert in jail for 25 years AND help the victim. You seem to only want to spend our tax dollars on the pervert. I want to spend some on the victim. If we don't raise taxes, then we have to decide whether to help the victim or punish the pervert or do a little bit of both.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

I can undersatnd that, but if the Pervert is fixed for life, there will be fewer and fewer victims, a form of "genocide" if you will, OH JESUS NOW I'M IN FOR IT.