PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsully

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With the amt of threads about AH, I was thinking what position is a greater need and who should fill the position?

Do we need more help at WR? With Tate and Price being almost unknows, Branch always getting probably not making all 16 games, do we bring in a Vet receiver? If so, who fits our scheme and why?

Are you drooling over a OLB?

Do we need to add more depth? if so where?

Just like to see what people have as an idea..

A decent OG would make sense. (I prefer D. Colledge)

OLB maybe. But I doubt we'll get anyone of note without cracking the wallet WIDE open. And that isn't our style.

NEXT STEPS

"Sign" Light.

Waive Kaczur

Try to e-sign G. Warren.

Try to re-sign White.

Consider re-signing Page (or McGowan).

Find a JAG OLB or two.
========================

Yes, I'd be fine with an OG. I'd rather have a C/OG to compete with Wendell for his roster spot.

Last edited:
There are Teams like the Cardinals that are desperate for just decent Offensive linmen, which Nick Kaczur certainly is. He was a Superbowl starter and has started at both LOT and ROTt and probably could play G too.

So TRADE him. ;)

( A 2013 4th round pick would be just fine !) :eek:

OL: Sign Light and Mankins. Dump Kaczur for cap reasons. Tough to say what else to do at guard, because who knows when Cannon will be ready.

RB: Sign Faulk.

I'm OK with muddling through at OLB. At WR I worry about Branch's durability, and about quality behind him and the natural slot guys.

Last edited:
NEXT STEPS

"Sign" Light.

Waive Kaczur

Try to e-sign G. Warren.

Try to re-sign White.

Consider re-signing Page (or McGowan).

Find a JAG OLB or two.
========================

Yes, I'd be fine with an OG. I'd rather have a C/OG to compete with Wendell for his roster spot.

I respectfully disagree w/ re-signing either Gerard Warren or Tracy White.
I'd rather keep Stroud instead of Warren; JAGs like White can be had off the street for free.

Page and/or MacGowan - maybe, though I still hold MacGowan's Laugh-In after the loss in Miami in '09 against him. Someone else was involved, too, though I can't recall who that was.

I do agree that we need to re-sign Light, and if OxyKaczur doesn't submit to a restructure,
then he has to go, to be replaced by Peachhead's Darren Colledge.

2 more quests:
Find a quality backup Center/Center of the Future;
and for feck's sake, do whatever it takes to acquire a quality OLB (or 2, or 3).
If Bill can find the time to acquire 2 scumbags like Haynesworth & Ochostinko, then
he can bloody well find the time to find someone who can actually help win a PO game.

Last edited:
With the amt of threads about AH, I was thinking what position is a greater need and who should fill the position?

Do we need more help at WR? With Tate and Price being almost unknows, Branch always getting probably not making all 16 games, do we bring in a Vet receiver? If so, who fits our scheme and why?

Are you drooling over a OLB?

Do we need to add more depth? if so where?

Just like to see what people have as an idea..

Question #2 was obviously answered a few hours after you posted this question. :D

OLB is an obvious candidate for an upgrade; more so now considering the injury to TBC.

But I think that the answer is really dependent on (a) whether or not the Pats re-sign Matt Light, and (b) how quickly the Pats (presumably) come to an agreement with Mankins.

If the Pats don't re-sign Light, I would think they would look for an upgrade or at least competition/depth at tackle. If Light departs then you're one injury away from starting Mark LeVoir, with Steve Maneri as your primary backup off the bench.

If Mankins can be extended then more cap room is freed up sooner for better upgrades, regardless of the position. Unfortunately I would be shocked if that were to happen in the first week or two of free agency.

Edge-rusher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing