Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where did the "Bench Cory for Lomo" Crowd Go?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Digger44, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger44

Digger44 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Where are you guys at? You got your wish? How come there are no "I told ya so's?" I don't get it. Is it possible our RBs play well as a team? Do we really need the different styles? hmmmm

2. BPF

BPF In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Easy there buddy, 8 men in the box and no holes. Lomo will be an awesome back

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

I don't think anyone wanted Maroney to get 30 carries and Dillon none. I still like Maroney better and prefer him to get more carries, something like a 3/2 ratio.

4. Alk

Alk In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's called overreaction. They like to take what someone says and blow it completely out of proportion and make it sound like we wanted Dillon shipped off to the glue factory. These are the same people that would dislocate their own shoulders just to slap themselves on the back. Silly I know...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  5. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't think it's necessarily a reflection of Maroney. The blocking was awful, and the abundance of 2 tight sets made it easy for Denver to stack the line. I think it was a good learning experience.

6. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Considering our passing game was almost non-existent for three qtrs, and the Denver run defense being amongst the league's best, I thought Maroney did OK.

7. Digger44

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I like how you guys change the topic. I didn't criticise Lomo whatsover, it was a tough game for him to carry the load. There were a load of posters here who demanded that Lomo be the starter and Cory benched. Now you say, "Thats not what I said" or "You didn't understand." I love how you guys waffle more than someone running for president. Just ridiculous.

8. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

It's your magnetic personality.

9. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

They changed the topic becuz this is a football forum, not a bully forum. Grow up. Did I ever come back saying "anybody think Pennington can play now?" Or how about being the first one to say "Tom just isnt playing like Tom!"
    Of course, I got slammed for those comments, but im not calling anyone out. As far as LoMo and Dillon. Maroney had almost 100 yds. receiving. Id like to see Dillon do that. Also, we wont need to figure out who should start over who. Because so far, in 3 games, Dillon has gotten hurt in every single one of them. I say bench Dillons ass so he can atleast last until the postseason.

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

That's because your wording sucked. "Benched" suggests that he doesn't play unless Maroney gets hurt. I wanted Maroney to start and get more time than Dillon. And I still do. That doesn't mean I want Dillon "benched", I just want Maroney in for 60% of the plays instead of the 40% or so that he seemed to be in for the first two games.

11. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Digger is correct that there was a vocal minority calling for Dillon's ouster, many wanted him off the team and should have had their noses swatted with rolled up newspapers. Your 60/40 split may apply as the season progresses, but at the moment, Maroney is the trainee, he has the physical ability to break the long runs, but his ability to read defenses and read blocking limits his consistency.

Through three games, the one thing that stands out watching the two hasn't been Maroney's running, it's been his lack of understanding of what his eyes are collecting for him. You see the same thing in the kicking game, he just doesn't process the field well on his returns - or at least that is how I interpret his seeming hesitancy.

For now, barring injuries, the old war horse is and should be the primary back for the way he moves the chains. The "rook" living in his pocket is a very good thing for the Pats' future, and an exciting change of pace.

12. checkedout

checkedout On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was one defending Dillon. He is a beast. Kool-aid had no where to go tho. Even so he is nominated for rookie of the week. He accounted for 145 yards.

13. Bargod

Bargod On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Maroney is going to get his reps and you'll see what the Patriots have missed in the back field for a long time. A RB that can turn the corner. When Corey went out with the injury the game plan had to change. They knew the strategy was going to be stop the run and force Brady to pass with a receiving corp that he is not in sync with. With that the Patriots needed a RB that could pound it in. They needed "San Francisco". When Dillon left the game and Maroney was forced to carry the load it was a feeding frenzy. There was no way Denver would honor the pass because the Patriots never had a chance to establish it early on.

14. Digger44

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

lol thanks.

15. Digger44

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

sweet i am a bully. give me your lunch money.

16. Digger44

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

holy crap. you type what my brain says but my fingers wont type. see when i am not bashing people i do post good stuff.

17. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

As a Box_O_Rocks, I have vast experience with picking 'denser' brains. I'm sure a "digger" will adjust in time to working in 'rocky' soil, er brains. :p

18. Digger44

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

nothing will happen unless we are able to get rid of the mass idiocy floating around.

19. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Well I assume you mean me Digger, as I'm the one who said Maroney should start and get the majority of carries. Of course I did not advocate benching Dillon, more like a 60/40 split, but that didn't stop people from assuming I wanted Dillon dragged out and shot.

Anyway, yes, I will get my "wish" I guess. I'm sure Maroney will do just fine. The last thing I'm worried about is the running game.

20. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

It's like being trapped in an enclosed space with numerous fans of cooked cabbage - eventually your singed nose hairs will adjust to the work load. Cheer up, it's been a permanent fixture of the New England landscape - or did you think the Salem Witch Trials occured in a vacuum? I encourage you to hum the closing tune from Monty Python's The Life Of Brian and remember Bluto Blutarski's admonition in Animal House. Remember, you always have Keegs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.