PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where can I find Brady's stats vs the blitz, pressures, hurries? (Jets related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockt327

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Cause I keep hearing -- in multiple articles -- about how Brady does against the blitz for this game:

For instance, the New England Patriots star ranks near the bottom of the NFL against a blitzing defensive back. Brady ranks 27th in passer rating. While he has completed 60.5 percent of his throws and has been sacked just once, he has zero touchdowns, two interceptions and a 69.5 passer rating.
Guess who likes to blitz their defensive backs. The New York Jets send them after quarterbacks more than any other team -- by a wide margin. They've blitzed a defensive back 141 times this year. That's 31 more than the next closest team, the Seattle Seahawks.

Jets DBs will bring heat on Tom Brady - AFC East Blog - ESPN

I'd really like to see Brady's raw stats against all blitzes, pressures, and hurries. Yet, I can't find these raw stats. I know Pro Football Focus tracked them; but they are now a pay site. Anyone know where I can get the stats?

The whole thing sound suspicious to me. One of those statistics you get if you remove anything that doesn't prove your argument. Just sayin...

The whole thing sound suspicious to me. One of those statistics you get if you remove anything that doesn't prove your argument. Just sayin...

That's why I want to see all of Brady's stats against pressure.

Those stats are tough to find because as far as I know the only reliable ones that track them, Elias Sport Bureau and Stats LLC, are fee-based companies. In other words you have to rely on another site such as espn, cbs sports, fox sports, etc. that pays their subscription fee for that information, and then hope they don't twist the info to fit an agenda for their story; you can't look directly at those stats and the raw data yourself.

Here's one article on the subject, but it's from 2009:
Scout.com: NFL's Best & Worst: QBs Versus The Blitz

There's also this, but the sample size is so small - three games - that it really makes the data virtually irrelevant in my opinion:
Some next-level numbers on Patriots-Jets - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye