Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where are the death toll numbers for Iraq and Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Nov 2, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Remember how when Bush was in office every dead soldier and the death stats were shown in media?

WHY has the media stopped reporting these figures?

Why are we still in Iraq and Afghanistan? I thought with the new administration we were going to start pulling out of multiple wars and go home.

Actually, the real reason we're still in both areas are for geopolitical self interest. It's just bull that democrats pretend they were against the wars when they aren't doing anything now to get out. This is why partisan politics is silly among the masses, because BOTH sides are full of cap. A similar point could be made about republicans now complaining about spending, when they didn't say a word while Bush spent the most of anyone ever.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  3. FanSince81

FanSince81 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Death numbers are only relevant when a Republican is in office.

Get with it.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Just like spending is only relevant when a democrat is in office?

It's odd that these two parties continue to brand themselves and pretend that they are actually different, when both are just different arms paid off by the same groups with money.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

our newspaper runs the death totals of both conflicts three times per week... including a profile on one soldier, and blurbs on all the rest. ... I know of several papers who also do the same. Real TV networks and real shows also update the count, like Moyers and Democracy Now on a new daily basis. The big TV networks do so when it relates to a story.

6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Empire. (10 chars)

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

I've had that picture for a while now, and I so want to use it as my avatar, but you know the rules here. No political sigs or avatars. Oh well.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

During the Obama years all wars will be glorious wars, I wouldn't be surpised to see Jon Stewart and Mush Mouth Matthews join the Army.

9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I remember you saying that before ... it's very honorable that you take the time to put faces and meaning behind the names. The way you described it before gave me the impression it was all done to honor them in a very unpolitical way.

10. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Good post. Can't really argue with you about anything. That feels weird.

11. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +788 / 6 / -9

The media stopped reporting most casualties long ago, certainly before Obama got in office. Though stories still pop up now and then like last week when 14 soldiers were killed in one day.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

We'll never see the outrage we did when Bush was around though, in fact Susan Sarandon vainshed into thin air the day Obama was Coronated.

War Protesters:
    They don't care now, Bush is gone.

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This is just flat incorrect. Not that it's beyond you to promote known falsehoods or embarrassing exaggeration. It's what you do.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Really?

When was the last time you saw a protest anywhere in your town or even on TV? I don't recall any myself.

Also, do you think that Obama will infuse tens of thousands of troops in Afgh? If so, how will the country react? That would be interesting and very telling on all fronts (pun intended), dont you think?

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

I miss them (war protesters) I used to enjoy laughing at them with their silly signs and little toy drums I found them entertaining, Cindy Sheehan really cracked me up when she started screaming you could actually see her spitting all over her bullhorn, the loons gave us a lot of laughs when Bush was around, they miss him too.......

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Then you're not looking...

Let's see... Right here in SE Mass:

War protest follows Obama | CapeCodOnline.com

On his first official vacation since taking office, President Barack Obama has tried to leave his work at home. So some demonstrators are bringing the issues to him.​

From Oct. 5 in Washington:

March of this year, in San Francisco:

Crowds in S.F. protest Iraq war, bank bailouts

"It's really important for people around the world to see Americans standing up against this war," said Noel Juan, 52, of the Mission District, as he stood near a 10-foot cardboard figure of Uncle Sam wearing President Obama's likeness.

"Obama has rebranded this war and made it cool for people to wave the flag again," Juan said. "But all the things people hated about Bush are being continued with a slightly different flavor."

Two weeks ago in Minneapolis:

[​IMG]

As U.S. administration discusses Afghanistan escalation: 400 join Minneapolis anti-war protest | Fight Back! – News and Views from the People's Struggle

On Oct. 17, 400 people joined a Minneapolis anti-war protest as part of a national day of peace actions that saw anti-war events in 50 cities across the U.S. on the weekend of Oct. 17-18.

The protest in Minneapolis called for an end to the U.S. war in Afghanistan and an end to the occupation of Iraq. The protest came at a time when the Obama administration is considering a plan to escalate the war in Afghanistan by sending up to 40,000 additional U.S. troops.​

Also, Alex Jones -- whether you like him or not -- has a new film out entirely hammering the Obama administration for war profiteering, bank placation, and fostering one-world governance. Obama is the subject of the film, not Bush. It's quite popular already.

YouTube - Fall Of The Republic 1/14: The Presidency Of Barack H Obama

17. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It isn't much of an empire when our entire way of life and our wars are funded by Japanese and Chinese people, and we can't afford it ourselves.

18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

True, but we peasants aren't designed to be a part of that Empire. ... This is class division between those behind the gated estate communities and the rest of us.

"The 3rd Reich never lost the second World War. It just changed venues." - M. Ruppert.