Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where are her supporters?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Harry loves Michelle!
    Harry loves Michelle!
    Harry loves Michelle!

[​IMG]

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +493 / 20 / -17

I think Michelle Obama is a really interesting first lady. There was a lot of speculation that she would be in the mold of Hillary, being activist on sometimes highly partisan issues. I think she's very deliberate in her choices, and overall she's the best first lady since perhaps Lady Bird Johnson. What Harry is overlooking is the reality that a lot of people really like celebrity and, rather than feel envy, identify with her. Of course, I would guess by degrees most of us are far better than Harry Boy at identifying with Michelle Obama.

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I'm okay with her ... she seems more comfortable as being mom than with the rest ... but she does it and she does it okay. The funny thing I get a kick out of is her choice of nutrition as one of her issues. Her husband loves some junk food. I'm willing to bet a great cap to a night out would be a greasy spoon hamburger joint for him ... used to love them myself. Anyways she goes through all that trouble and there he is woofing on some high calorie food at times for all the media to see ... it's comical in one way and yet so America in another.

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

Harry is becoming almost as obsessed with "the cmoments" as he is with Michelle

Re nutrition, icy, I don't see anything particulary inconsistent or unusual there. Many people like food that isn't healthy, and there's nothing wrong with having that kind of food in limited amounts. But it is important that people learn more about nutrition and what they're putting into their bodies.

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Actually ... I see what they are doing a bit deeper than that. They are bypassing the parents and getting/training the kids to see this for themselves which I think is a great idea. If some of us were better educated on food when we were younger we might be a bit healthier now - we drank soda like it was water when I was a kid. I grew up on soda, Twinkies and Devil Dogs.:confused:

There are a number of parents out there who are either too ignorant and/or lazy to take the initiative to do what's best for their children ... hopefully some get the message but they are kids so who knows. I like the effort and i like the pressure on school cafeterias to eliminate things like soda and junk food. I don't like them picking through a kids lunch ... there needs to be a better way of helping kids than that.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

More sickening comments from Fox News about Michelle... of course this is preceeded by an unflattering picture of Michelle...

Little Green Footballs - Fox Nation Commenters Spew Hatred and Racism at First Lady Michelle Obama

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 20 / -30

You are full of shyt, you make claims about stuff you see, but never produce it..

It is not fox news talking, but they allow it to take place on their web site, therefore they are responsible... here are some more... and by not controlling it, they encourage it..

11. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

Weird, that doesn't seem to fit with the "racism doesn't exist" meme, or with the claims here that"the left is more racist than the right.

I know, it was probably just libruls planting racist comments to make the right look bad... yeah, that's gotta be it...