Welcome to PatsFans.com

Where are all the far-left rookies coming from?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, May 14, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Where the hell are all the rookies lefties coming from and why? Are they being recruited? I doubt anyone would be trivial enough to encourage "people from their side" to come and debate on this site, no, that would be childish.

But I just wonder why so many of them have come to a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS site, yet they're not commenting on FOOTBALL. It's not like this is a popular political site. It almost appears as if some college professor has suggested his stup...I mean students, come visit us.

Imagine if this was part of some effort....nah, that would be ridiculous! :rolleyes: NO ONE would be THAT stupid.

Or do you believe people are stupid enough to join this site just for our kick-arse political discussions?
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Not sure, but if you google an issue sometimes this site comes up with all of its resplendent glory and tolerance..
  3. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

They are born again lefties. :D
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh yeah, I was like in this Noam Chomsky seminar and he told everybody there to go to the patsfans.com political forum! It was, like, so great. Everybody was burning flags and Bush in effigy and we were all wearing che and castro shirts and karl marx masks! Howard Zinn was there, bill ayers was there, and so was barbara streisand! Free dope, free love and free rent, man! And you know what, we all realized that the best way to get our point of view across to the people in the US and across the world was either to brainwash everybody or sign on to this very web site and flood this very forum with our radical and revolutionary agenda! It was hard to take the brainwashing thing off the table but it's just way too much effort and we spent all our money on dope, so we came here instead! I thnk it's working!
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

You're using the Alinsky tactic again strudel! ;)

Are YOU a rookie? No, you're not. So I was not referring to you mon frere. Then please explain how we're getting so many rookie lefties on a tiny political site within a "NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FOOTBALL FAN SITE".

People don't just stumble upon this site and join it because of our tiny political discussion group. If that was true, we'd have as many moderate and rightie rookies joining it.

After all, there are a lot more of them than there are lefties.
  6. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Who the hell is that guy?

Yeah, I know, I'm just making a joke.

Which one?

MA is pretty liberal. Gay marriage, de-criminalized dope, birthplace of the revolution, etc.

I recruited them at the Chomsky seminar, duh.

All my MA comrades are pretty left-leaning. My soviet comrades surprisingly conservative.

;)
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Excuse me strudel, but FOOTBALL fans are represented by a MUCH higher percentage of moderate political views. I suggest you visit the pre-game festivities in the Patriots parking lot and poll some people. Focus on the MEN if you don't mind. :rolleyes:

MA is pretty liberal, but we're talking about FOOTBALL fans...not the average MA resident.
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

PR, who are you talking about and what is this Alinsky "tactic" you seem obsessed with? You're starting to sound a little paranoid....
  9. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sorry, too busy checking out the ladies.
  10. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I come to this site all the time, I love to read about the Pat's and get good info, with that said theres not much to argure over football, I would trust BB with my life why would I question what he dose? So no real reason to post alot in the Pat's fourms.

On the other hand, political discussion is full of fun, I get too see some of the best right wing nut jobs on the net! Its good fun:p

I myself am neither Right or Left, I just want things to be fair and just. Feel free to generalize ppl here though, right wingers do a great job of it :(
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

I'm just trolling and hoping someone will bite Wildo. I guess it won't be you.
  12. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Hillary Clinton did her senior thesis at Wellesley on Alinsky and his methods...

FrontPage Magazine - ?There is only the Fight?
    It seems as if the tactics being used now follow quite closely recommendations from Alinsky for how to enact liberal agendas and bring it into the mainstream. It's not paranoid to watch recommendations being enacted and question someone's motives.....
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Ok, so he's a mainstream liberal then....His wikipedia page says he was a radical, nothing about Hillary Clinton is radical whether she did her thesis on him or not. And besides, so what, what is so evil about his tactics and why is this the focal point instead of the actual arguments?
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Well, one of Alinsky's tactics on bring liberalism into the mainstream is to ridicule the mainstream because they'll have no defense against it.

What do you think of that Wildo?
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I like it, the mainstream is a bunch of apathetic dumbos.

In all seriousness though, I'm not really sure I see any incarnation of this "tactic" and I'm fairly sure that when people cite that it's totally out of context. What does that even mean, "ridicule the mainstream?" Isn't that what MLK jr did?
  16. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It begins here and ends here.

NEPATRIOT is back and ALIVE...
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Oh great......
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

one star...

who cares?

it's cyclical... every other month or so, the site suffers an influx of privatize-everything, Fox-talking-point con men... they post for about a month, spew the same tired debunked mantras, then disappear for good...
  19. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Whatsamatta PR, are you getting nervous? This is a "political discussion" board, not a "conservative discussion" board. So now there's some fresh blood in here from the liberal side of the street in what used to arguably be a right wing dominated board, and you're whining that it's not like the good ol' days anymore?

Party's over (the Reblican Party that is). :cool:
  20. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was wondering the exact same thing.