PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will your pre game jitters hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pre game jitters started at about the minute i got back inside my house after running around the block with my brother screaming in no shirts

I've been having the nervous excitement bit since the 49rs lost.

In fact, the only football related media I am interested in is right here on this board. I've sworn off the networks, NFLN, etc. I can get everything I need right here, thank you very much.

I might start drinking a bit earlier, on Sunday, than I normally do, but I want to stay as sober as possible to enjoy the game. I can drink heavily afterward. :cool:

About 2 hours after the Ravens game. It's pathetic, I've already had dreams (nightmares) about the Super Bowl and I've been on edge since.

I also had a nightmare that we lost the SB, but it was against the Jets so it was weird.

I've been having the nervous excitement bit since the 49rs lost.

In fact, the only football related media I am interested in is right here on this board. I've sworn off the networks, NFLN, etc. I can get everything I need right here, thank you very much.

I might start drinking a bit earlier, on Sunday, than I normally do, but I want to stay as sober as possible to enjoy the game. I can drink heavily afterward. :cool:

I want to be as wasted as possible for the game, if we lose it will hurt less being plastered...the win would feel great too.

About 2 hours after the Ravens game. It's pathetic, I've already had dreams (nightmares) about the Super Bowl and I've been on edge since.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been trying to keep my thoughts away from football because of it.

not at all.......

I was convinced halfway through the season that the pats were going to be one and done in the plyaoffs........playing with house money now

the pats will win it simply because they're not even supposed to be there

Last edited:
When teams playing in the SB met during the regular season, the losing team is 3-1 in the SB. Feel better...maybe a little?

Against the Ravens it hit me good the moment I got up Sunday morning. Good thing it was the early game.

I watched all the pregame shows and got wound tighter and tighter. Finally 90 minutes before kickoff I saw the inactives list.

By this time I was a wreck so off went the TV, off went the computer, I took the dog for a very long walk, came back and took a long hot shower, then turned the TV back on in time for the anthem.

If I hadn't just chilled for the hour before, I would have freaked.

I'm expecting a similar routine Sunday, but harder still with the later kickoff.

My jitters really started yesterday.......less then a week and counting.

not at all.......

I was convinced halfway through the season that the pats were going to be one and done in the plyaoffs........playing with house money now

the pats will win it simply because they're not even supposed to be there

This. I am at peace about this game. I never expected to make it to this point this year...and still I feel pretty good about our chances.

Any loss pales in comparison to the ****storm that was SB 42. We've already been through something as bad as it can get.

This. I am at peace about this game. I never expected to make it to this point this year...and still I feel pretty good about our chances.

Any loss pales in comparison to the ****storm that was SB 42. We've already been through something as bad as it can get.

I also feel the same way. I felt like vomitting the whole week before the Ravens week after the last two playoff exits.. I hate going up against great defenses in the playoffs, it's just so frustrating to watch. This week I'm not as anxious. The Giants certainly have a good defense but I think these two teams will score points. If the Pats lose a game they get ourscored then so be it.

I've been nervous since the end of the Ravens game. It will really suck if the Pats lose this one.

Probably half an hour before kickoff, which is 7:30pm my time. Our SB party starts at 4pm and I hope some our of guests show up then to help pass the time.

I know for a fact I'll be too excited to sleep saturday night. It's been like that since SB38. I figure I'll try to wake up early on saturday morninbg so I can feel tired enough to sleep later on that night.

i dont know yet but sometime during the weekend, probably Sat. . . .

When I try to go to sleep Saturday night and fail miserably.

When I read posts like these, otherwise I am fine. I am pretty confident we will win.

Game day is another matter though... I might be shaking a bit.

It comes in spurts for me. Today was a really boring day at work and I started thinking about the Super Bowl, after several minutes I noticed I was pacing and had to calm myself down. I'm fine right now though....but by friday I'll be pulling my hair out.

It comes and goes, depending if I'm thinking about it or if I'm busy.

All season I'd have NFL Network on most days at work - too quiet to really hear everything they said, but enough to stay in tune with the goings-on of the league. These last few weeks I've had to change the channel or just turn it off entirely.

When I'm not at work I stop by here a little bit and, as someone else suggested, I have to be selective of which threads I read (no more about Gronk's ankle, for example, "Que sera sera").

Right now most of my not-working time is devoted to job hunting in the Boston area, and I keep having thoughts like "What if they win the SB, and I fly up to Boston for an interview, but go to the parade instead... would that be bad?":bricks:

Last edited:
Now see, I won't have any trouble sleeping Saturday night, regardless of my nerves. I'll be out for a couple drinks, come home, take a nice hot shower, pull back the covers, and pop an Ambien. Problem solved.

Now, come Sunday morning, however, THAT'S a whole 'nother level of jitters waiting for all the hoopty-hoop to get done with so the game can start. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing